5 Things Jim Zorn Should Change Right Now

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-01-2009, 02:25 AM   #46
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Re: 5 Things Jim Zorn Should Change Right Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Actually key to it is Blache getting his own lips off of his own ass and realizing that sometimes "poor execution" is an unconscious euphemism for "bad play calling".

I am tired of both of our play callers treating their scheme like the bible. Your schemes aren't f*cking working jackasses. Figure out how to get the players that you have to be successful. Shortest point from A to B. Stop dicking around with your theories and identify the few things that are working and do those more. I am tired of having no faith that we can develop schemes week to week that maximizes our talent and exploits the other teams weaknesses.
Exactly; you're going to have to mold it to the talent that you have.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-01-2009, 07:34 AM   #47
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

How about morphing Clinton Portis' role to more of a receiving/3rd down type back -- get him into more open spaces on the field. Sort of a Kelvin Bryant/Reggie Bush type player.

Then send Betts, Mason, and Alridge in for 'between the tackles' running.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:18 AM   #48
bigant
Special Teams

Lightbulb Re: 5 Things Jim Zorn Should Change Right Now

i agree,lets use more shotgun formations, spread the field with at least three wideouts and one tightend,this way you have cooley in single coverage and also then you can maybe run the ball better with portis,because there only woulbe one or two backers in the middle of the field.and maybe zorn can be a little more creative in the play calling and use a little wildcat formation, because we are not a power offense that,s for sure....
bigant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:29 AM   #49
44Deezel
The Starter

Bring in Jarmon for Andre Carter, make Orakpo an every down DE, and move Wilson to linebacker.

On Offense, demote Betts and Cartwright and make Mason the #2 and Aldridge the #3.

Make Marko and Kelly Malcomb the #1 and #2 WR and move Moss to the slot. Maybe he can run up-field without falling down, unlike ARE. Make ARE #4 and DT#5.

Let someone else return punts.

And oh, bring in Collins SIKE!
Old 10-01-2009, 08:55 AM   #50
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
How about morphing Clinton Portis' role to more of a receiving/3rd down type back -- get him into more open spaces on the field. Sort of a Kelvin Bryant/Reggie Bush type player.

Then send Betts, Mason, and Alridge in for 'between the tackles' running.
but....thats not in the play book......?

playing on the whole molding your scheme to fit the talent they have theory.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:00 AM   #51
SBXVII
Franchise Player

I watch the Skins and teams stack the box. I see other games and everyone looks spread out. Is it by design, or Buges blocking scheme or what ever but why is it that when I see Dallas the whole O-line even looks spread apart by about a foot, even the Giants O-line looks this way, other teams O-line looks this way, but when it comes to the Skins it looks like we are in goal line formation all the time and we are not spreading out the defense. Is there a reason we are always in a bunch formation and not sorta spread out or not trying to spread out the defense in order to create lanes for running?
Old 10-01-2009, 09:07 AM   #52
freddyg12
Playmaker

Zorn has called a lot of shotgun for JC, even though Zorn doesn't like it. There have also been a lot of 3 & 4 wr sets (though in many cases Cooley is a wr in the slot) in these 3 games. I don't think the I formation was run that much either, usually Sellers lines up behind one of the tackles.

I'm just saying this cause several posts on here indicate that we're a power running team. I'd say just a bit, but not for the bulk of the plays.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:14 AM   #53
Longtimefan
Playmaker

If he's going to be fired anyway, does it really matter?
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:01 AM   #54
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
Zorn has called a lot of shotgun for JC, even though Zorn doesn't like it. There have also been a lot of 3 & 4 wr sets (though in many cases Cooley is a wr in the slot) in these 3 games. I don't think the I formation was run that much either, usually Sellers lines up behind one of the tackles.

I'm just saying this cause several posts on here indicate that we're a power running team. I'd say just a bit, but not for the bulk of the plays.
So, essentially, he (Zorn) is seeing that JC runs the offense better in the shotgun and used it more against Detroit....got that.

The team has been using 3-4 WR sets but that's to include Cooley. I'm not an NFL coach but the TE is usually covered by a LB. In other words nothing is happening in the game plan that is changing the defensive line up. Cooley is usually in on almost every play offensively which means a LB is there to cover him. If it is a run the same LB simply lets Cooley run past him and he takes up a running lane. But....if the team were to take out Cooley and put in another WR would create a mismatch forcing the defense to take out their LB who is closer to the line and inside the box and make them use a CB to cover the WR spreading out the defense maybe creating a lane for the RB to run in. Or simply move Cooley out to a WR spot which forces the LB out of the box.

As for the I formation maybe the coach's saw something they thought they could exploit. It just didn't work. I still go back to ...why are we always in a bunch formation on the O-line. It almost looks like we are in max protection or goal line protection. It's not hard to figure out that if a team is in this formation and has no out side run capabilities then I would simply stack the box. That alone stops the run or reduces its effectiveness considerably. Then all we have to do is play the back field well. Double team the #1 WR and float one safety to help the other CB's.

Maybe I'm being an idiot but it looks more and more like piss poor planning against the Rams whome we were supposed to beat and Detroit whome we should have beaten.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:52 PM   #55
freddavisbro86
Camp Scrub

how bout use 2 tends still waiting for that dual threat obviously nobody stoppin our te use 2 sometimes
freddavisbro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:18 PM   #56
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Deezel View Post
Bring in Jarmon for Andre Carter, make Orakpo an every down DE, and move Wilson to linebacker.

On Offense, demote Betts and Cartwright and make Mason the #2 and Aldridge the #3.

Make Marko and Kelly Malcomb the #1 and #2 WR and move Moss to the slot. Maybe he can run up-field without falling down, unlike ARE. Make ARE #4 and DT#5.

Let someone else return punts.

And oh, bring in Collins SIKE!
Who is Kelly Malcomb?

HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote