The Redskins Are Close

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-27-2009, 04:34 PM   #166
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Re: The Redskins Are Close

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Outside the redzone, I would disagree with the assertion that are offense was inept but that's just my opinion (based on the facts that (a) we held the ball for 35 minis. and (b) we had 5 long drives of 13 plays or more).

As for the defense being on the field to long? That's just a stupid, baseless statement. We had a 10 minute time of possesion advantage over them. Our defense was on the field 25 minutes - less than half the game. Those are numbers teams strive for.

If you want to criticize, fine. But at least stick to the facts.

I think my assesment was correct. You just saw the facts today.

Advertisements
Old 09-27-2009, 04:36 PM   #167
number21isabadman
Special Teams

The only thing were close to is the first overal pick, anybody who thinks otherwise is crazy
number21isabadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 04:51 PM   #168
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by number21isabadman View Post
The only thing were close to is the first overal pick, anybody who thinks otherwise is crazy
Don't worry Vinny will draft Crabtree and everything will be alright.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:09 AM   #169
novaman
Camp Scrub

Yes, the Redskins are close. They're close to being the biggest laughing stock in the entire NFL. Let's look at the REAL problem... Dan Snyder! If he followed some basic principles, this team could be competitive year in and year out. Here's your formula for success, Danny. If you follow this, you'll make Redskins Nation very proud. Here it is: 1) Realize that you don't have the acumen for football decisions. Hire a true GM and coach with a proven winning record. Let them choose their coaching staff and thus, make the football decisions. Stick to the marketing aspect. You clearly excel in that area. 2) In conjunction with number one, Vinny Cerrato has no acumen either for spotting talent. Yes, some of the draft picks have panned out, but when you look at the ratio of triumphs to flops, his choices weigh heavily in the flopping area. Boot him or re-assign him elsewhere. 3) Build through the draft and use free agency to plug up a hole here and there. While money talks and someone will jump at the opportunity to play for ridiculous sums of money, it doesn't mean you're getting the "right" player for the Redskins, but rather just the biggest name on the free agent market. Also, football has a more significant injury factor than other sports. This is even a bigger reason to make building through the draft the primary focus. 4) Re: "3", if you overpay for someone, what's his incentive/hunger to win? play hard? Answer: There isn't and this problem runs rampid on the team. 5) Do you know who George Steinbrenner is? He had the same stubborn nature. He then woke up one day, hired people with baseball minds to make decisions and now, look at the finished product. "Successful." Wouldn't you say? 6) Don't let your ego stand in the way of doing what's right for this franchise. It's okay to admit mistakes. This will make you a better owner and person. More importantly, it will get you the respect and adulation you've been lacking. If you make the moves mentioned here, your ego will get stroked tenfold. Right now, it's getting beaten into submission. 7)Mr. Snyder, you claim that if it's not broke, then fix it. Trust me, you have a severely broken, dysfunctional, "hanging by a thread" product. Get it some stability before it comes crashing down. 8) NOTHING is going to change if you continue your current ways. I know what I'm talking about. Trust me!
novaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:34 PM   #170
SouperMeister
Playmaker

During the glory years, it all started with the dominant O-line. Redskins football, especially on offense, is about pure smashmouth violence. Does anyone believe that this team can get a yard anymore when it absolutely has to? We need somebody with the mentality and swagger that Rex Ryan is showing in NY. He said that the Jets were going to hit Brady early and often on D, and he backed that up. The Jets also have an excellent O-line largely built through the draft. Perhaps Jim Schwartz (or Gregg Williams) would have been better fits than Zorn when it comes to the physical brand of football historically played here. I just see this becoming a soft team on both sides of the ball since Zorn has been here.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote