Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

This loss could be the best thing to happen to his franchise.

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-27-2009, 06:17 PM   #31
GusFrerotte

Re: This loss could be the best thing to happen to his franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roth74va View Post
I agree, I dont think the problem is a lack of talent. We are lacking in a couple areas(O-line/Defensive backfield) but there is no way someone believes the Rams and/or Lions have more talent than we do? Its the pathetic coaching, the crap schemes, and piss-poor playcalling. Zorn was over his head from day one. Can we get Holmgren now and slide Zorn back to QB coach? Something has to change ASAP!!!

As for Snyder and him having "knee-jerk reactions", this is one case where I pray he reacts and pulls the plug on the "Mr. Pathetic aka Jim Zorn show".
We have a core group to build around, but only that. Moss, Portis, and Cooley are gamers. JC had nice stats, but did not show poise at all. In fact Stafford showed more moxy than JC. Our offensive lined is rather aged and needs to go. Our entire draft should be linemen next season and defensive backs. We have no depth at all at any position, except RB.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-27-2009, 06:29 PM   #32
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
We have a core group to build around, but only that. Moss, Portis, and Cooley are gamers. JC had nice stats, but did not show poise at all. In fact Stafford showed more moxy than JC. Our offensive lined is rather aged and needs to go. Our entire draft should be linemen next season and defensive backs. We have no depth at all at any position, except RB.
Stafford didn't really show me anything except his accuracy with a football is no better than mine.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:32 PM   #33
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

I was just thinking.......WHAT positive aspect of their game can be counted on to perform week in and week out?
Defense?
Offense?
Rushing?
QB play?
Coaching?
Etc?
I honestly cannot think of...anything.
It is not a successful team...beginning with VC, and trickling down hill.
They are not COMPLETELY bad, just NEVER going to have Big success or constant, in our current Team mode.
I hope Dan is up to the task!
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:34 PM   #34
ChuckPrez
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter-Tre View Post
Bring me the head of Vinny Cerrato!!!!!!!!
The head of b*tch a** danny snyder will be more fitting.
ChuckPrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:34 PM   #35
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
I was just thinking.......WHAT positive aspect of their game can be counted on to perform week in and week out?
Defense?
Offense?
Rushing?
QB play?
Coaching?
Etc?
They are not COMPLETELY bad, just NEVER going to have Big success or constant, in our current Team mode.
Maybe the team needs to be blown up and start from scratch, from the top down.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:34 PM   #36
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
In my 30 years of being a Redskins fan, this is an all time low. Worse than losing the 1 game to the 1-15 Cowboys. Worse than losing 38-9 in the Super Bowl. Worse than any Spurrier loss or even the Coach 'Robinskie' era. We lost to a team that hadn't won a game in 20 months. Any team would be embarrassed by today's effort and result. It just happens to have happened to us.

So now what? I think Dan Snyder has to now acknowledge that it's not working. This is not just a loss, this is an organizational failure. This is a failure of management, coaching and players. This is an organizational opportunity to reset. If Snyder reacts by firing Zorn tomorrow, that would be a typical, old Snyder knee jerk reaction. I hope he gets the realization that it's not working and takes a few measured steps to correcting the course of the franchise.

What I'd like to see Snyder do tomorrow is start the search immediately for a President of Football Operations. Instead of operating from the sideline up, we need drastic change from the front office down. There are some people available (Casserly, Holmgren, Floyd Reese, Bruce Allen) that Snyder could bring in now and allow them to take the season to evaluate the roster, the front office staff and the coaching staff. He doesn't need to make a move on Zorn or Cerrato. Someone needs to come in and be our Parcells or Joe Banner. We need an experienced front office person to come in and set the direction for the football team. Let them make the decisions on the coach and GM.

Personally, I want Shanahan to be our coach for the next decade because I believe he's a brilliant and progressive offensive mind and one of our major problems for decades is lack of an offensive identity. But, I don't think he'll be any more successful than Turner, Schotty, Spurrier, Gibbs or Zorn under our current structure. Unless we have a strong front office structure and an organizational plan, we'll be wasting Shanahan's talent and more years of our players careers.

I know I'm not breaking any new ground with this post, but this is a crucial point for the future of the Washington Redskins. We can do business as usual or make a dramatic change in the way things are done in order to save this once proud franchise.
Sorry but those losses were WAY WORSE. You know why? Cause those were good teams. This is not a good team so my expectations are much lower. The bottom line is we're just an average football team.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:34 PM   #37
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post

Our defensive backs can play better if they are coached better. We need to draft all OLs in the draft and maybe a linebacker and also pick up a vet LB so we can put Orakpo on the Dline.

Also I would never think I would say this but Doughty needs to play more.
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:36 PM   #38
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmvskinzfan08 View Post
Our defensive backs can play better if they are coached better. We need to draft all OLs in the draft and maybe a linebacker and also pick up a vet LB so we can put Orakpo on the Dline.

Also I would never think I would say this but Doughty needs to play more.
Probably one of the few positives from this game.
R.I.P. #21
Old 09-27-2009, 06:37 PM   #39
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
Defense?
Offense?
Rushing?
QB play?
Coaching?
Etc?
The passing game has been here all three weeks. That's mostly Campbell, but when he's had his bumps, the receivers have picked him up.

I'd say run defense, but that didn't show up at all today.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:39 PM   #40
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Are you talking about a demolition-ops attack on the head of the snake in Ashburn???...Damn that's pretty ballsy!

You better watch where you say that...lol...

You must be REALLY pissed...I like your style...lol : )
Old 09-27-2009, 06:39 PM   #41
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I really hate to think that, but it may be the case. We have some tremendous, and talented guys on this team, but they are being wasted, as you cannot say that for what we put on the field.
I.....wonder if "uncapped year" is better or worse for blowing up your team? It may work......
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:42 PM   #42
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
Are you talking about a demolition-ops attack on the head of the snake in Ashburn???...Damn that's pretty ballsy!

You better watch where you say that...lol...

You must be REALLY pissed...I like your style...lol : )
Not really...I just think there needs to be a change at all levels on this team. It won't happen, but it would be nice. Unfortunately the fans and the ownership of this team are too impatient to get a team build up from scratch.
R.I.P. #21
Old 09-27-2009, 06:52 PM   #43
TheSmurfs22
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunellMVP? View Post
post the letter...and the address to mail it to...get more people on board- we'll take'em down, shawshank style
~~~~~
Unfortunately I did not save the letter but this is the jist of what I said:

I said I was a lifelong Skins fan and having worked in the NFL myself I know it is a business yada yada. I then said I felt compelled to say a few things and this is what I said.

1. Hire a GM, the current style of management is not working and has not in quite some time.
2. Time to start addressing the Offensive line either through the Draft or Free Agency (however lets not overpay like we like to do).
3. Again, HIRE A GM!!!!
4. Mr. Snyder stop micro-managing this team, it is not helping.
5. Respect your fan base. We love this organization but our patience is wearing thin. I cannot believe I would see the day where Redskins fans were embarrassed to be known as such.
6. Throwing more money around does not equal wins.

Address:
Redskin Park
21300 Redskin Park Drive
Ashburn VA 20147
Old 09-27-2009, 06:56 PM   #44
roth74va
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Sorry but those losses were WAY WORSE. You know why? Cause those were good teams. This is not a good team so my expectations are much lower. The bottom line is we're just an average football team.
I respectfully disagree, I see alot of talent on this team. We just dont have the coaches that have the foresight to adjust to their players and make things work. Zorn and Blache both are so intent on doing it their way, I hope they end up coaching Pop warner football somewhere.

And I dont think 1-15 Dallas team would be considered a "good team", but today is the lowest Ive ever felt as a lifelong Skins fan.
roth74va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:02 PM   #45
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsowilso View Post
There is no reason for him to change. Redskins fans are major addicts and whatever bag of dope he feels like selling us he knows we will buy it.
More like crack hoes.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote