NFL Free Agent Signings 2020

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-23-2020, 08:40 AM   #211
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: NFL Free Agent Signings 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
The argument is legit... but on the long term if Chase Young really is what he is said to be, I think the team is better off having that 1 true difference maker in the trenches.
While not in favor of it, I wouldn't hate trading down but it'd have to be for a massive haul of picks.
https://www.sbnation.com/platform/am...mpression=true

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-23-2020, 09:22 AM   #212
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

The one thought that gnaws at me when I consider the idea of trading down is "What if we draft Chase Young and he is seriously injured"? The idea that we could have three or more good players instead of one great player is a bit comforting to me but solely because it seems to me to be much less likely that all of those players would be seriously injured at the same time. But that's the conservative part of me.

The football fan part of me wants to go for it and take Chase because great edge rushers create havoc for opposing offenses. They make their entire team better.

The Redskins fan part of just loves to watch Chase play football! I challenge you put on some Redskins gear, get your mind in a game day mood, and then honestly tell me you don't want to see this young man in B&G. It can't be done.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 10:08 AM   #213
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Nope. I know Burrow is good but there are alot of other QB's in this draft and I don't think he is worth 3 #1's.
Agree.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 10:33 AM   #214
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Looking at the QB field in this draft, the top 4 or 5 guys could be legit franchise QBs, or they could be busts. Unlikely Burrow is a bust, but i remember Ryan Leaf, so... Tua could be another Luck with injuries destroying his career. There's a little drop off to the next 2 or 3, but nothing major at this stage.

So, would you really give up 3 #1 picks for Burrow or Tua, or even Young? I can't see it myself given that you are likely able to draft at least one of the 5 with one of those picks. I can maybe see Miami trading 2 to the Lions to take their spot if with either of the top 2 guys are still there at #3, which I'd say is likely, but giving up all 3 to move up to 1st just seems overkill under the circumstances. But stranger things have happened...
AnonEmouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 11:44 AM   #215
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

If I was Miami I'd trade those picks for Burrow or Tua, again if you don't have a QB you won't win consistently , yeah you may have a good year or 2 but it won't last
Old 03-23-2020, 04:00 PM   #216
Warthog
The Starter

NFL Free Agent Signings 2020

The only team that trades draft picks away is: Washington. See RG3 deal. We just traded away a fifth for an XFL player. We can’t get serious offers for really good players like Dunbar and Williams. Teams hold onto their picks.

I still think the best course of action is for the Redskins to resign Williams and Dunbar. We have PLENTY of cap space. I know Rivera wants change the culture to the “right attitude”. But even the Patriots signed guys in FA who basically were there to get a ring and some FA money.
The Redskins do not have enough draft picks to change the team overnight. They can bend a little here and get us a “win, win”.

Let’s face it, both Williams and Dunbar just want to play with some guaranteed money in their contract. Neither had ANY guaranteed money in their last year of their contract, so if they got injured - they didn’t get paid. In the last two years the Redskins have been one of the NFL’s MOST HIGHLY INJURED TEAM, so who could blame them for wanting some guaranteed money?. Now I know there’s some posters who say, “he signed the contract, now play for it”. That’s the sort of attitude that Bruce Allen had and lead for both the players & agents HATING BRUCE and lead to Williams, one of the best Redskin’s player, sitting out a season.

Building a culture works both ways. Give Williams and Dunbar some guaranteed money and they’ll be loyal players to Rivera’s vision. WE HAVE THE MONEY. It’s two less positions that have to be filled by Kyle Smith in this draft. Or at least Kyle can draft an EVENTUAL replacement for Williams and Dunbar, instead of having to find a starter at their level right from the get go , which is pretty rare in the lower strata of the Redskin’s picks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 10:53 AM   #217
dej733
Camp Scrub

FWIW

Per JP Finlay:

Austin Hooper on free agency: "It really came down to Cleveland and Washington. At the end, I chose to be a Brown.” https://buff.ly/33QUbvm
(via
@SiriusXMNFL
)
dej733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 11:10 AM   #218
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dej733 View Post
FWIW

Per JP Finlay:

Austin Hooper on free agency: "It really came down to Cleveland and Washington. At the end, I chose to be a Brown.” https://buff.ly/33QUbvm
(via
@SiriusXMNFL
)
I think it will be a while till the stench Snyder and his cast of idiots have left on the team will fade. I thought the Browns were considered the bottom of the NFL barrel the last 20 years, I guess not.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 11:12 AM   #219
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Browns are better than us, better QB (so far) and better OL. Can't really blame him there
Old 03-28-2020, 11:20 AM   #220
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Browns are better than us, better QB (so far) and better OL. Can't really blame him there
Say what? Don’t think so.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 11:30 AM   #221
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Geez, let it goooooooo

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 11:34 AM   #222
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Geez, let it goooooooo

I'm not that upset about Hooper, I was just saying they are better right now than the skins.. Not being negative it's just true
Old 03-28-2020, 11:36 AM   #223
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
I'm not that upset about Hooper, I was just saying they are better right now than the skins.. Not being negative it's just true
I solely meant the constant snarky swipes at Haskins.

CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 11:44 AM   #224
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dej733 View Post
FWIW

Per JP Finlay:

(via
@SiriusXMNFL
)
Wow

For the record: Cooper and Hooper chose other places. Not a great start to the new regime.

So much for the narrative we were never serious pursuing Hooper. We did and he said I’d rather be a brown

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 12:17 PM   #225
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Not a surprise, Haskins though promising is an unknown quantity
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote