Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Nnamdi Asomugha contract voided should Redskins go after him or do you think the price will be too high.

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-07-2011, 12:00 PM   #106
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Re: Nnamdi Asomugha contract voided should Redskins go after him or do you think the price will be too high.

More Nnamdi talk.

Nnamdi Asomugha - Oakland Raiders - 2011 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

Advertisements
Old 07-07-2011, 12:02 PM   #107
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Re: Nnamdi Asomugha contract voided should Redskins go after him or do you think the price will be too high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Anybody know what our cap situation will be given the possible new salary cap?
10 mill under or 30 mill under.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:04 PM   #108
skinster
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Fair enough. It just doesn't sit well with me that Shanahan's first big personnel move as our HC was possibly the worst of his career. Not exactly a confidence builder, especially when it involves the most important position on the field. I know the DM thing has been beaten to death so I'm not gonna rant, I just personally don't want to see us pay out 10's of millions for another vet over 30 years old when we have so many other pressing needs.

Also, given D'Angelo's contract and the contract that Landry is going to be looking for after this year, we'd be ill-advised to tie up that much money in the secondary with Nnamdi.
I'd say using a 1st, 3rd, and 5th to get jarvis moss was worse. But not important. IMO shannahan is not a good talent evaluator. He has hit in the draft on Cutler, Marshall, Dumerville, Portis, Clady, etc... but he also seems to miss big alot. I heard him say that if cutler wasn't available he would trade up to get Laurance Maroney. Jarvis Moss, Ashley Lelie, George Foster, Tim Crowder were all terrible. His free agent pick ups havent seemed to consistantly pan out that well. In 2007 his trade for Dre Bly (tatum Bell George Foster and a 5th) wasn't terrible, but IMO it didn't pan out as Bly was released after 2 years with the team, and in 2007 literally every one of his free agent signings was terrible. He shelled out big money to Bly, Travis Henry, Daniel Grahm, and Brandon Stokley. He wiffed on all of them IMO. He also signed Sam adams, warrick holdman, DD Lewis (those were the next 3 big names) and 9 other guys that all just sucked.

Shannahan's not the worst talent evaluator because he does hit on players, but I don't think he's good because he also seems to swing big and miss alot (Mcnabb is one of the many notches on that belt).
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:25 PM   #109
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Anybody know what our cap situation will be given the possible new salary cap?

Maybe this helps....
NFL: Teams most hurt, helped by salary-cap proposal - ESPN

Quote:
Teams affected positively:
1. Washington Redskins: Owner Dan Snyder gave defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth and cornerback DeAngelo Hall around $36 million in bonus money in 2010 to free up room to be a big spender in free agency in 2011. Snyder and Mike Shanahan will have to be creative in how they structure contracts, because the $120 million cap would give them only around $10 million of cap room. On the positive side, the Redskins' current payroll is $75.7 million, meaning Snyder would have to spend close to $45 million in cash to meet the potential minimum floor requirements. Imagine a system that forces Snyder to spend.
Quote:
Teams affected negatively:
4. Dallas Cowboys: Owner Jerry Jones made sure his team wouldn't be ripped apart during tough labor times. He's always aggressive in re-signing his top players. But the Cowboys are currently a minimum of $18.9 million over the salary cap, which could spell doom for right tackle Marc Colombo, wide receiver Roy Williams and others. Jones also has to come up with some room to re-sign left tackle Doug Free and others.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:37 PM   #110
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I don't see him landing here at all. The bidding war for him is going to be crazy.
It's been reported he's seeking $19 million a year which would make him the highest paid player in the history of the NFL. That's a steep price for any player.
I agree....and don't see it happening here.

Last edited by Longtimefan; 07-07-2011 at 07:41 PM.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:49 PM   #111
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Redskins plan to pursue Asomugha, Jenkins - Scoop Du Jour - NFL*Blog - Yahoo! Sports
Old 07-07-2011, 09:54 PM   #112
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Cullen Jenkins could be our poor man's version of Haloti Ngata. I think that we could have a good season with Carriker and Jenkins at DEs and a NT by committee tandem of Bryant/Nield/Jenkins.

I don't think we should get Nnamdi, but as I have said, it is hard not to think how good our secondary would be with him in it.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:39 PM   #113
Hog Heaven
Camp Scrub

I'm still trying to get over the Skillet Hands Rogers comment. Awesome. Asomugha would be nice, but knowing the Skins, we'll pay a ton of money for him and get little production.
Hog Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:55 PM   #114
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog Heaven View Post
I'm still trying to get over the Skillet Hands Rogers comment. Awesome. Asomugha would be nice, but knowing the Skins, we'll pay a ton of money for him and get little production.
Well so far BA hasn't really overpaid anyone.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 05:11 PM   #115
Skins4L
Impact Rookie

The price may be high.
But we just flat need Talent... hes the best available lets pull the trigger.
Great Locker room influence for the whole secondary.
Plus i dont wanna see this guy to Dallas.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:14 PM   #116
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Well so far BA hasn't really overpaid anyone.
Bless You..........
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:13 PM   #117
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skins4L View Post
The price may be high.
But we just flat need Talent... hes the best available lets pull the trigger.
Great Locker room influence for the whole secondary.
Plus i dont wanna see this guy to Dallas.
Dallas can't afford him. They are $18 mill over what the new CAP would be, so they are going to have to not only work on contracts to get down to the cap but also get enough below the cap to sign any FA's that are on the team and still have enough to sign him.

Not saying it can't be done cause lord knows the Skins were supposed to be in CAP hell for many years and somehow each year they would get below and be able to sign FA's.