James Harrison Rips Goodell in Interview

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-13-2011, 04:21 PM   #31
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: James Harrison Rips Goodell in Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
I have to admit I don't get why there is so much dislike for Goodell. Not that I am some big fan but the level of dislike doesn't seem very rational. Can someone explain it?
I dno't get it either

Advertisements
Old 07-13-2011, 04:21 PM   #32
MTK
\m/

Quote:
I have to admit I don't get why there is so much dislike for Goodell. Not that I am some big fan but the level of dislike doesn't seem very rational. Can someone explain it?
I don't get it either, I think he's doing a fine job. He's not perfect but he always seems to have the best interest of the league in mind.

I think some people just hate authority no matter who it is. Not everyone loved Tagliabue or Rozelle either.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:24 PM   #33
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Harrison's reaction was simply uncalled for and Madden was right, he should have been tossed for that. Open palm or not, you can't hit someone.

Harrison is a meathead and a thug. No way around it.
It's funny that Madden would say that. He coached some of the dirtiest teams the league has ever seen.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 05:35 PM   #34
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
i very well might be just making this up, but it seems like goodell is making more changes to the game during his tenure than tagliabue. and it seems like players get fined alot more these day also, but again thats just me thinkin out loud

as for harrison, he is a jackass who needs to learn when it is appropriate to run your mouth. which seems to be a reoccuring theme with professional athletes these days. the wierd part to me is why, i mean it wasn't in the heat of the moment, the interview was done sometime in april or may, over 2 months after the season was over. to blast your qb and rb like that unprovoked seems odd, it seems to all come back to harrison not being very smart. it will be interesting to see what happens to harrison once the lockout is over, i have a feeling he will have to answer to the nfl as well as the rooney's, they can't be very happy about this.

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:13 PM   #35
wilsowilso

You guys aren't talking about the same guy who refused to go to the White House after the Steelers won the Super Bowl a couple of years ago because the President didn't invite the team before they actually won the championship are you?

Because that guy is by far the biggest imbecile in the entire NFL.

I also have a theory that Harrison is one of the top candidates of current players that uses HGH and whatever stuff the NFL's weak ass testing program allows half of these clowns to get away with.

Harrison was a nobody who all of a sudden turns into the defensive MVP of the NFL.

I don't buy it for on second.

Top it off he displays roid rage on a regular basis to go along with these all too common extraordinary acts of knuckle dragging full retard stupidity.

This guy's head is going to explode when he finds out how much money he is going to lose from the fine or suspension that he just guaranteed himself.
wilsowilso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:37 PM   #36
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Holy crap, Harrison full montied this interview. Deification references, a homophobic slur, the race card, team killing, guns, whistle blowing on steroids.

My goodness.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:18 PM   #37
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
It's funny that Madden would say that. He coached some of the dirtiest teams the league has ever seen.
Well if anyone knows a dirty play it would be him.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:47 PM   #38
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Well if anyone knows a dirty play it would be him.

....and Conrad Dobler(sp)
Old 07-14-2011, 12:38 AM   #39
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Any chance Harrison gets fined for his comments when the lockout ends? You can't just allow a player like him to rip his employer at every opportunity and get away with it. And if he doesn't like it, well there's always the UFL.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:28 AM   #40
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Any chance Harrison gets fined for his comments when the lockout ends? You can't just allow a player like him to rip his employer at every opportunity and get away with it. And if he doesn't like it, well there's always the UFL.
If for nothing more then using an anti-gay slur. What a piece of trash. The kind of guy you wish went the way of many an UDFA.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:51 AM   #41
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I understand he's pissed off and he has a right to be,.
..............why???
Old 07-14-2011, 03:54 AM   #42
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

yes, and it should be the Steelers that do it ....don't wait on the NFL
Old 07-14-2011, 08:51 AM   #43
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsowilso View Post
I also have a theory that Harrison is one of the top candidates of current players that uses HGH and whatever stuff the NFL's weak ass testing program allows half of these clowns to get away with.

Harrison was a nobody who all of a sudden turns into the defensive MVP of the NFL.

I don't buy it for on second.

It's probably more than a theory. I'd be willing to be my life on the fact he is a HGH/roid user, which is why I find his comment about Cushing to be hilarious. Remember all those MLB guys dissing steroids, then come to find out that they themselves were on the stuff. Irony to say the least. You are right, a guy doesn't go from being some obscure bench rider to suddenly being the top defensive player without help.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:20 AM   #44
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
..............why???
Cause he got fined 100 grand over some real questionable hits. I'd be pissed too. Goodell doesn't understand how football is played. Whenever he sees a violent hit he thinks guys should be fined. It's totally ridiculous. Now calling the Goodell a gay slur is just way out of line. If you want to call him a puppet fine cause I think he is one.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:23 AM   #45
MTK
\m/

Quote:
I would guess he will definitely be fined, and possibly suspended.