Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Oline worries yet again.

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-05-2018, 11:06 AM   #1
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Oline worries yet again.

#Redskins stellar guard Brandon Scherff is believed to have suffered a torn pec based on the initial diagnosis, sources say. He has an MRI today, but would be a significant loss. Per Ian Rapoport

Well this blows, so now Trent is out , BS is done for the yr and Moses is always banged up... Just like last yr, it sucks to be negative but it appears our season is going down the drain.

Advertisements
Old 11-05-2018, 11:12 AM   #2
MTK
\m/

Re: Oline worries yet again.

So I'm guessing we're looking at Ty at LT, Roullier back at LG, Bergstrom at center, Christian at RG, and Moses at RT.

Unbelievable.

Scherff definitely looked to be in a ton of pain. If he's not done for the year I'll be shocked.
Old 11-05-2018, 11:23 AM   #3
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
So I'm guessing we're looking at Ty at LT, Roullier back at LG, Bergstrom at center, Christian at RG, and Moses at RT.

Unbelievable.

Scherff definitely looked to be in a ton of pain. If he's not done for the year I'll be shocked.
and we thought Alex was a checkdown king before. We have Hou, Dal and Philly twice coming up , all 3 have great d-lines. We are in trouble
Old 11-05-2018, 11:36 AM   #4
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Season. Is. Over. Maybe next year we will have a real coach and a real quarterback. You know guys like McVay and Cousins for example.
Fuck this team.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 11:45 AM   #5
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
and we thought Alex was a checkdown king before. We have Hou, Dal and Philly twice coming up , all 3 have great d-lines. We are in trouble
What's scarier than the d-lines we'll be facing is Gruden calling plays as if he'll have the original Hogs up front. He'd adjust, if he was smart.

It also sucked that Scherff seemed to get injured on a possible cheapshot.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 11:46 AM   #6
Burgold
Special Teams

I'm not too pissed off because this is who we are,a happy go lucky bunch who might show up to play or might not as in Sunday's game,the Skins worry no we got it made maybe one day we'll figure it out.
Burgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 11:57 AM   #7
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Losing one of our best players on apparent cheap shot? And the curse blazes on. It was fun beating Carolina and Dallas.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 12:33 PM   #8
metalskins
The Starter

You start to lose your entire offensive line, you're going to have issues. Just see 2017. Something is wrong when this happens two seasons in a row. A good coach will see what he has and play to those players' strengths. There's going to have to be some misdirection plays and rollouts thrown in there, because Smith is going to get killed.
Old 11-05-2018, 12:38 PM   #9
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post

Unbelievable.

This lineup should make every single Skins fan pissed. The absolute mismanagement of this roster is unacceptable. Lauvao is injured for the SECOND TIME in a half season and the Interior depth is so fucking bad we have to swing our natural Center out of position and use a Rookie Tackle as a Guard.

when are fans gonna get woke about this bullshit??? its the same old excuses.

You would figure after last year's injuries we would fortify the Oline and get a plan together. Fuck this front office

We need a real Left Guard and some real Interior Oline depth this offseason.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 12:42 PM   #10
jamf
Pro Bowl

I don't get the doom and gloom.

Did anyone expect Lauvao to play more than 8 games, besides the Redskins?
It sucks for Scherff, he is a great player and we will miss him but this won't have a big impact on the team since the top 2 WRs are only able to contribute 65 yards per game average.

Half the season is over. The passing game what it is. Josh Doctson isn't going to get any better. Paul Richardson is a deep threat on a team that doesn't throw deep. The passing game was never going to help the running game by stretching the field.
Alex Smith has Zero trust in his WRs to get open. Vernon Davis is the go to pass catcher on the team yet again. Let that sink. Last year, VD lead the team in yards per reception and he is doing it again this year.

Nothing changes with these injuries, it's the AP and VD show the rest of the way regardless of what happens with the line.

F U Bruce Allen.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 12:43 PM   #11
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
This lineup should make every single Skins fan pissed. The absolute mismanagement of this roster is unacceptable. Lauvao is injured for the SECOND TIME in a half season and the Interior depth is so fucking bad we have to swing our natural Center out of position and use a Rookie Tackle as a Guard.

You would figure after last year's injuries we would fortify the Oline and get a plan together. Fuck this front office

It sucks man, life as a skins fan. This team just can't get it going consistently.
Old 11-05-2018, 12:46 PM   #12
MTK
\m/

Losing 3 starters on the OL would seriously stress any team’s depth.
Old 11-05-2018, 12:48 PM   #13
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

Beat me too it.

I'm tired of all the excuses for Doctson and Preston Smith.
You've been calling out Lauvao since January!

Let me simplify things.
Preston Smith has zero sacks and half the season is over.
Doctson has never had a yard receiving game in 4 years.
Mo Harris had one yesterday. Rod Gardner is a 1000yard WR, Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelley had 100yard games. Josh Doctson can't manage to break one tackle in 4 years and put numbers for one good game.

I don't get why these guys get a free pass to contribute NOTHING!
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 12:50 PM   #14
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
I don't get the doom and gloom.

Did anyone expect Lauvao to play more than 8 games, besides the Redskins?
It sucks for Scherff, he is a great player and we will miss him but this won't have a big impact on the team since the top 2 WRs are only able to contribute 65 yards per game average.

Half the season is over. The passing game what it is. Josh Doctson isn't going to get any better. Paul Richardson is a deep threat on a team that doesn't throw deep. The passing game was never going to help the running game by stretching the field.
Alex Smith has Zero trust in his WRs to get open. Vernon Davis is the go to pass catcher on the team yet again. Let that sink. Last year, VD lead the team in yards per reception and he is doing it again this year.

Nothing changes with these injuries, it's the AP and VD show the rest of the way regardless of what happens with the line.

F U Bruce Allen.
I'm also wondering why is it that in certain position groups, such as the d-line, they are quick to drop guys (Lanier, Hood), yet that doesn't seem to happen with the o-line. Is it the position coaches?

I hope we see some free agent guards come in to Redskins Park this week. I know for next game we'll need to roll out with a patchwork line, but at least show that you are trying to do something.

I also hate that once again injuries are becoming a factor. You can have good depth but right now our two best linemen (TW and Schreff) are out.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 12:57 PM   #15
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Injuries are not an excuse. Falcons had two guards missing and ran us over.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote