Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Montae Nicholson Arrested

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-20-2018, 07:47 AM   #46
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Re: Montae Nicholson Arrested

The video is not what shocks me most. Not saying I'm fine with it, I can understand not being able to stop once you've snapped out of your mind, especially if you're drunk. While unacceptable, that kind of shit happens when drunk people get into arguments.

What is beyond unacceptable IMO is getting drunk during the season. For 2 reason:

1) Obviously, this can lead to this kind of shit, and that'll get you suspended.

2) Your body is not 100 % if you get shitfaced. You're a professional athlete, you're paid to do everything in your power to perform at the highest level. Physical preparation is a part of that. Alimentation is a huge factor in the later. Being a regular Joe and feeling like you've fully recovered from your Sunday hangover on Monday is one thing. But being a pro athlete and think that putting a large amount of alcohol into your body is not going to be a huge step back as far as your physical form is concerned is as stupid as it gets IMO.

Any semi pro or even high level amateur in any sports knows what I'm talking about.

Heck, even if you lift weight twice a week, try drinking 4 beers the night before one of your workouts and compare your performance to one where you haven't drunk for several days before.

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk

Advertisements
Old 12-20-2018, 08:05 AM   #47
irish
Playmaker

IMO the real moral of this story is to be careful who you pick a fight with because they could be an NFL player who will beat your ass into the ground or worse yet have a gun and blow you away. Just walk away because you aren't as tough as you think you are.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 08:23 AM   #48
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
2) Your body is not 100 % if you get shitfaced.
Unless your name is Max McGee. Not sure if the younger generation knows of his big game in the first Super Bowl playing with a bad hangover.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 09:15 AM   #49
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

French, man I like you and all, but that comment is pretty naïve.

Not saying all the best players are partying every chance they get, but it's fairly common for players to go out partying during the season. On a Monday night when you have the next day off, I'm sure there are quite a few players staying out. It's not even unheard of to see pictures or hear stories about players partying on Friday or Saturday nights before games.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 10:27 AM   #50
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
IMO the real moral of this story is to be careful who you pick a fight with because they could be an NFL player who will beat your ass into the ground or worse yet have a gun and blow you away. Just walk away because you aren't as tough as you think you are.
Montae had way more to lose. Not only a criminal suit but a potential civil suit could result as well. He could kiss goodbye to a few duckets
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 10:33 AM   #51
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Montae had way more to lose. Not only a criminal suit but a potential civil suit could result as well. He could kiss goodbye to a few duckets
I would be shocked if there wasn't a civil suit, pretty sure when it was found the victim was beat up by an NFL player the lawyers followed the ambulance to the hospital.
Old 12-20-2018, 10:49 AM   #52
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Unless your name is Max McGee. Not sure if the younger generation knows of his big game in the first Super Bowl playing with a bad hangover.
I hear you but that's a different era. Strength and conditioning was not nearly as important as it was today... wasn't it a different sport ?

Like it or not, getting and keeping your body football ready is a big part of this sport. I know Montae is not the only player in the league to party during the season, but when you look at guys like Tom Brady having his own personal trainer who is known for studying the importance of a good diet, and other players wanting to work with the same guy... don't you think his advices about nutrition involve not getting shitfaced during the season?

Old 12-20-2018, 10:51 AM   #53
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
French, man I like you and all, but that comment is pretty naïve.

Not saying all the best players are partying every chance they get, but it's fairly common for players to go out partying during the season. On a Monday night when you have the next day off, I'm sure there are quite a few players staying out. It's not even unheard of to see pictures or hear stories about players partying on Friday or Saturday nights before games.
Oh yeah I absolutely know that... but I still think it's absurd ! Well not staying out but drinking a lot of alcohol...
Old 12-20-2018, 10:57 AM   #54
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:

Quote:
I hear you but that's a different era. Strength and conditioning was not nearly as important as it was today... wasn't it a different sport ?

Like it or not, getting and keeping your body football ready is a big part of this sport. I know Montae is not the only player in the league to party during the season, but when you look at guys like Tom Brady having his own personal trainer who is known for studying the importance of a good diet, and other players wanting to work with the same guy... don't you think his advices about nutrition involve not getting shitfaced during the season?

No argument from me. I just think the Max McGee story is amusing. Of course alcohol consumption has zero benefits and can only hurt physical performance. As with any drug it will hurt some more than others. The negative effects seem to exponentially become worse as a person ages.
Old 12-20-2018, 11:01 AM   #55
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
No argument from me. I just think the Max McGee story is amusing. Of course alcohol consumption has zero benefits and can only hurt physical performance. As with any drug it will hurt some more than others. The negative effects seem to exponentially become worse as a person ages.
It definitely is. I also think it's a sign that there's was a time were physical performance was not as important in sports as it is today, and that was certainly a good thing, but as sports evolve and generate more and more of money, I don't see how this evolution can be avoided.

Rugby was way more entertaining to watch when my father watched it than now. But I think the rules of Football prevent it from turning boring because of professionalism like Rugby did.

Old 12-20-2018, 11:05 AM   #56
MTK
\m/

I think Brady is the exception to the rule when it comes to training and diet. Especially when it comes to the younger players I'd guess a good majority of them drink and smoke regularly. You're talking about young guys with $$ in a high stress profession, not only high stress but high pain.
Old 12-20-2018, 11:11 AM   #57
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
It definitely is. I also think it's a sign that there's was a time were physical performance was not as important in sports as it is today, and that was certainly a good thing, but as sports evolve and generate more and more of money, I don't see how this evolution can be avoided.

Rugby was way more entertaining to watch when my father watched it than now. But I think the rules of Football prevent it from turning boring because of professionalism like Rugby did.

I think there are exceptions to the physical rules with receivers in the NFL. You have seen quite a few guys with amazing measurables amount to nothing, then you have guys who lack size and speed but somehow manage to get open and have very sure hands.
Old 12-20-2018, 11:56 AM   #58
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
I think there are exceptions to the physical rules with receivers in the NFL. You have seen quite a few guys with amazing measurables amount to nothing, then you have guys who lack size and speed but somehow manage to get open and have very sure hands.
100% right, and this is part of what makes football such a special sport!

Old 12-20-2018, 02:58 PM   #59
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I think Brady is the exception to the rule when it comes to training and diet. Especially when it comes to the younger players I'd guess a good majority of them drink and smoke regularly. You're talking about young guys with $$ in a high stress profession, not only high stress but high pain.
A lot of things I've read and heard make me think you're right, but I have to admit it still amazes me...

Old 12-20-2018, 02:58 PM   #60
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Nicholson should have been at home watching tape of the next opponent....this is some shit you do in the offseason...even still he would have been violating the conduct policy....if he would have had a few drinks within the confines of his own living room the incident doesn't happen..Montae is an NFL player...he can't be getting inebriated in public places.