Dan Snyder Hires Bank Of America To Potentially Sell Washington Commanders

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-10-2022, 10:16 PM   #256
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Dan Snyder Hires Bank Of America To Potentially Sell Washington Commanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I want to see Dan go to jail. I want to see him on 60 Days In.
60 days in jail…Snyder’s Bussy vacation dream

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-11-2022, 03:10 AM   #257
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Keep in mind the AG retires in January. The new AG could drop all charges.
Let me put on my tinfoil hat:
Goodell planned this hit.
He is promising DC will get a new stadium if Snyder sells to Bezos.
If Snyder does sell, the new AG will not pursue charges against dan. If not, it’s going to cost Snyder a lot of money.

I’m curious to know if Dan has a prenup. Tonya is probably sizing up the sale.
Let's hope this assumption proves to be right.
Cause he already yielded, he is selling... So part of me is like "let's now wait patiently and not do anything that could make him change his mind"... and like lawyer and former ambassador Howard Gutman said on Sheehan's pod, this could turn into an incentive NOT to sell the team, if he's going to get sued even though he's willing to sell, then what's the point in selling? If the attacks are going to keep on coming, he may say "f u all, if I have to fight either way, I'm staying until I clean my name".

Very unlikely IMO, I still think he sells, but I'm like we're uber close to getting what we want, let's not ruin everything by overdoing it...
Old 11-11-2022, 08:38 AM   #258
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Let's hope this assumption proves to be right.
Cause he already yielded, he is selling... So part of me is like "let's now wait patiently and not do anything that could make him change his mind"... and like lawyer and former ambassador Howard Gutman said on Sheehan's pod, this could turn into an incentive NOT to sell the team, if he's going to get sued even though he's willing to sell, then what's the point in selling? If the attacks are going to keep on coming, he may say "f u all, if I have to fight either way, I'm staying until I clean my name".

Very unlikely IMO, I still think he sells, but I'm like we're uber close to getting what we want, let's not ruin everything by overdoing it...
I was kind of thinking that, if he has dscided to sell lets not all pile on in case he becomes so defensive that he decides to hold on and try to take the whole league with him.

Im am not American or living in the US so please forgive my ignorance but when I heard the AGs term was about to end I wondered whether this was more about his future political asperations and getting his face on TV. The charges levelled seem weak and the least that Dan coud be charged with.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 10:23 AM   #259
SunnySide
Playmaker

AG was asked how much in damages they are seeking (this is civil)

AG said he didnt have the amount calculated but its 5k per violation ... but it adds up.

AG should know how many violations hes alleging and how much of a fine he is trying to assert. How does he even file a complaint but not have the damages calculated? How can he say his team worked hard for a year on this? On this? And you dont have the damages calculated?

Dan should just pay the fine like a speed camera.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 02:23 PM   #260
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
AG was asked how much in damages they are seeking (this is civil)

AG said he didnt have the amount calculated but its 5k per violation ... but it adds up.

AG should know how many violations hes alleging and how much of a fine he is trying to assert. How does he even file a complaint but not have the damages calculated? How can he say his team worked hard for a year on this? On this? And you dont have the damages calculated?

Dan should just pay the fine like a speed camera.
Let’s be honest the DC government isn’t much more competent then the Commanders.

This is a the kettle calling the pot black situation

I will take it for the DS bad press but it probably won’t go far. The new AG will squish it in January.
Old 11-11-2022, 08:09 PM   #261
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
I was kind of thinking that, if he has dscided to sell lets not all pile on in case he becomes so defensive that he decides to hold on and try to take the whole league with him.

Im am not American or living in the US so please forgive my ignorance but when I heard the AGs term was about to end I wondered whether this was more about his future political asperations and getting his face on TV. The charges levelled seem weak and the least that Dan coud be charged with.
From what I understood the AG is trying to overreach, but using the toxic work place scandal under the consumer protection law would require proving that people wouldn't have bought tickets at the same price had they known that Snyder was treating his employees like shit. It's a massive reach. The deposit thing has more ground but it does seem to be what he's going after for now.

It feels like every body is trying to get a bit of the "good guy going after the bad guy" spotlight... let's hope it doesn't backfire...
Old 11-12-2022, 01:33 PM   #262
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

If you haven’t listened to Howard Gutman’s break down of the Racine press conference on Sheehan it is definitely worth a listen.
https://open.spotify.com/episode/1oL...urce=copy-link
Old 11-12-2022, 08:37 PM   #263
That Guy
Living Legend

tldr?

to me it looks like someone's just trying to grab a bullet for a resume (I FOUGHT THE POWER!), and end result is probably a nothing-burger. Still, it gave the team a chance to once again stick-foot-in-mouth.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 07:18 AM   #264
HTTR
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I ask because e a few years ago someone sued the NFL and the Jets and Giants and said the same thing . They were advertising that they were NY teams and the suite said they weren't , it was thrown out. NY NJ Metropolitan area teams could use the moniker.

Snyder runs a business that markets its product to, among others, the residents of DC. And many residents of DC buy his product. Consumer protection laws administered by states and DC are empowered to file civil suits to protect their customers. This happens all the time, when AGs from various random states will get together to file lawsuits against giant multinational corporations.

All the speculation about the likelihood of winning the suit, what happens with a new AG, whether actual customers bought something they wouldn’t have if they’d known it was Dan who ordered the T&A video . . . all of that is beside the point.

Dan is under investigation for doing some truly sleazy shit, much of which probably violates the law. And he’s been lying about it. Lawsuits are a way to hold people accountable, to force people to tell the truth, to get the facts out. I couldn’t care less whether Racine is stretching or if he has some personal motive, or if he wins the suit.

Dan Snyder is a cockroach dressed up as a businessman, and we should all be shining the brightest possible light on him to flush him out into the open.
Old 11-13-2022, 11:41 AM   #265
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTTR View Post
Snyder runs a business that markets its product to, among others, the residents of DC. And many residents of DC buy his product. Consumer protection laws administered by states and DC are empowered to file civil suits to protect their customers. This happens all the time, when AGs from various random states will get together to file lawsuits against giant multinational corporations.

All the speculation about the likelihood of winning the suit, what happens with a new AG, whether actual customers bought something they wouldn’t have if they’d known it was Dan who ordered the T&A video . . . all of that is beside the point.

Dan is under investigation for doing some truly sleazy shit, much of which probably violates the law. And he’s been lying about it. Lawsuits are a way to hold people accountable, to force people to tell the truth, to get the facts out. I couldn’t care less whether Racine is stretching or if he has some personal motive, or if he wins the suit.

Dan Snyder is a cockroach dressed up as a businessman, and we should all be shining the brightest possible light on him to flush him out into the open.

Agreed about Racine. He has no doubt broken laws, and when u are the first one to turn around and “reach” on lawsuits, and retribution…the list with Snyder goes on and on and on … well you deserve to be at the very least exposed and at the most held accountable in the strongest way. Hit him right in his pocket book
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote