Amazon Prime

Parking Lot

Old 03-05-2018, 05:58 PM   #31
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Amazon Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBohnzie View Post
Prime is worth it for sure. Free 2 day shipping, which sometimes is next day depending on which warehouse has it relative to where you are. Video streaming is great as well. Kindle Borrowing, which I haven't gotten into yet. Echo is on the list as a next tech purchase, may get the echo and dot together.
I have an echo, and I love the things it can do, from lights to thermostat, to excellent radio sound, to someone add to my grocery list and having it on my phone screen right away,
BUT
Alexa is just plain DUMB. Ask Alexa anything and you just picture this lady sitting in a chair with a thousand books and then throwing her hands up in the air and saying, "I'm not sure about that". Ask Google on my phone, the same question, it's like Sherlock asking Watson something, Bam answered quick and correctly. It's a running joke in my house, when we want to know anything other than the most basic info - weather, top news, movie casts.

I probably will convert over to the Google home mini, and use the echo as mainly a speaker
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-26-2018, 02:22 PM   #32
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Re: Amazon Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I have an echo, and I love the things it can do, from lights to thermostat, to excellent radio sound, to someone add to my grocery list and having it on my phone screen right away,
BUT
Alexa is just plain DUMB. Ask Alexa anything and you just picture this lady sitting in a chair with a thousand books and then throwing her hands up in the air and saying, "I'm not sure about that". Ask Google on my phone, the same question, it's like Sherlock asking Watson something, Bam answered quick and correctly. It's a running joke in my house, when we want to know anything other than the most basic info - weather, top news, movie casts.

I probably will convert over to the Google home mini, and use the echo as mainly a speaker
I got the echo and a dot for my birthday and so far it's been fine. The kids are having a slightly hard time with it for those reasons...you have to teach Alexa everything, whereas Google Assistant has Google as its fingertips. I need to dig more into Alexa's skills but so far I've hooked up Spotify and Phillips Hue to it and it's worked well.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote