What REALLY grinds your gears?

Parking Lot

Old 09-25-2018, 01:44 PM   #1951
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Work just firewalled my yahoo fantasy sports links. those bastards. FFS, I cant work under these conditions.
VPN mofo!

Advertisements
Old 09-25-2018, 01:48 PM   #1952
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
My work changed the wifi password so I can't listen to Pandora unless I jack my phone bill thru the roof. Need to go get unlimited data now. So either say I'm out more money.
Have you tried using Tor Browser or Ultra Surf?
A simple proxy might hide the sites you are trying to get to.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 01:49 PM   #1953
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
VPN mofo!
This is the best option!
Old 09-25-2018, 01:59 PM   #1954
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Have you tried using Tor Browser or Ultra Surf?
A simple proxy might hide the sites you are trying to get to.
Nope, never heard of them. The internet is too big for me lol.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 02:09 PM   #1955
metalskins
The Starter

What grinds my gears is when you have people at work, in another department, who is trying to get people in your department fired - including yourself. Me and another system admin have supported the college's ERP system. Think of it as the main program that holds all student and staff data. Anyway, finance has been throwing audits our way, left and right, to find any cracks in our department. They finally were able to get our CIO fired and our delivery manager - both of whom didn't do anything wrong. Now, they're trying to get us, system admins, fired. All because they are trying to cover up things that they do wrong themselves. The VP is in on it - and she's been guilty of saying some derogatory things about one of our system admins - of course, she goes unpunished.

One of the finance chicks was given the interm delivery manager position until they hired someone full time. She still does finance stuff and that job - but we all can see that this was deliberately setup to infiltrate our department, and for her to sort of be a "spy". She's already complained to the VP over me and another system admin. She actually wants either one of our jobs, because she's stated she knows the college's ERP system like the back of her hand and could do our job.

This is the first time I've been targeted, but I'm sure it won't be the last. Like I said before, this group has already been successful in getting our CIO and delivery manager fired - they won't stop until they have cleaned house. Looks like I'll be looking for another job while I still have one. I can't afford to get fired - I have a wife and kid at home!
Old 09-25-2018, 02:21 PM   #1956
jamf
Pro Bowl

Yikes, man.
Good luck!
Old 09-25-2018, 03:47 PM   #1957
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
What grinds my gears is when you have people at work, in another department, who is trying to get people in your department fired - including yourself. Me and another system admin have supported the college's ERP system. Think of it as the main program that holds all student and staff data. Anyway, finance has been throwing audits our way, left and right, to find any cracks in our department. They finally were able to get our CIO fired and our delivery manager - both of whom didn't do anything wrong. Now, they're trying to get us, system admins, fired. All because they are trying to cover up things that they do wrong themselves. The VP is in on it - and she's been guilty of saying some derogatory things about one of our system admins - of course, she goes unpunished.

One of the finance chicks was given the interm delivery manager position until they hired someone full time. She still does finance stuff and that job - but we all can see that this was deliberately setup to infiltrate our department, and for her to sort of be a "spy". She's already complained to the VP over me and another system admin. She actually wants either one of our jobs, because she's stated she knows the college's ERP system like the back of her hand and could do our job.

This is the first time I've been targeted, but I'm sure it won't be the last. Like I said before, this group has already been successful in getting our CIO and delivery manager fired - they won't stop until they have cleaned house. Looks like I'll be looking for another job while I still have one. I can't afford to get fired - I have a wife and kid at home!
Sounds like a hell hole. I'm sorry, Met, best wishes to you and your squad.
Old 09-25-2018, 04:35 PM   #1958
metalskins
The Starter

Thanks dudes! These people, I'll add, don't have children - have plenty of money in the bank, talk about how they can retire early. They don't understand the lives they affect by pulling this shit.
Old 09-25-2018, 06:42 PM   #1959
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
Thanks dudes! These people, I'll add, don't have children - have plenty of money in the bank, talk about how they can retire early. They don't understand the lives they affect by pulling this shit.
That really sucks dude. Best of luck in whatever future path you take.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 10:18 PM   #1960
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Yeah I'd get out of there asap if possible. Shitty environment to work in when your co workers want to step on your neck. Sorry to hear. IT related fields seem brutal. Best of luck man. God bless.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 11:54 AM   #1961
metalskins
The Starter

Thanks again guys! Yeah, people within my own department are fine. I like all of them and trust them all. But, the people outside of the department are the ones I can't trust! Of course, I also find out today that we're overdrawn on our account- seemed like insult to injury on that! We're also trying to sell our house. Once we sell our house, then I could actually expand my job search since we wouldn't necessarily be tied to the area. I would rather head up to Virginia, but I don't know if my wife would be willing to move.
Old 12-05-2018, 10:57 AM   #1962
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

reach into my big bag of trail mix....pull out a golf ball size clump of raisins. Looks like a glistening turd. I hate raisins.

my chick says that's Kap Karma cause shes a bleeding heart liberal and I was bitching to her about Kaep...right when I pulled it out the bag
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 01:11 PM   #1963
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Continued Education. My state requires that I do continued education every two years. Well nothing has changed over the years so I do the same crap every two years. The online class forces you to go through each page which is timed before you can continue. So, I'm forced to click through each page before I take the test. Hours of wasted time when I could have just taken the test and scored 95 or better.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 01:53 PM   #1964
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2RFK View Post
Continued Education. My state requires that I do continued education every two years. Well nothing has changed over the years so I do the same crap every two years. The online class forces you to go through each page which is timed before you can continue. So, I'm forced to click through each page before I take the test. Hours of wasted time when I could have just taken the test and scored 95 or better.
sound like a waste of tax payers money...zero surprise
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 02:11 PM   #1965
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
reach into my big bag of trail mix....pull out a golf ball size clump of raisins. Looks like a glistening turd. I hate raisins.

my chick says that's Kap Karma cause shes a bleeding heart liberal and I was bitching to her about Kaep...right when I pulled it out the bag
Raisins suck.