Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

NFL Preseason Week #2

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-22-2011, 11:19 PM   #106
rbanerjee23
The Starter

Re: NFL Preseason Week #2

Kyle Orton of Denver Broncos to start at QB Week 1 vs. Oakland Raiders - ESPN

As if there was ever any doubt -- oh yeah, as skinsfaninok pointed out, Giants are crushing

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-22-2011, 11:21 PM   #107
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Don't underestimate the NFC West though. That division can redefine bad at any time.

If I can bet on just one team for the first overall pick, give me the Titans.
The Titans? I could see it happening with circumstances falling in place, like CJ2K sitting out the season for one. I think they'll also severely miss Jim Washburn coaching the d-line this season too, I think that was one instance of the scheme benefiting the players greatly instead of the other way around.

Matt Hasslebeck is an unknown for me, everytime I think he should just retire he comes back and has a game that makes me rethink my position, like the playoff game against the Saints last year. I think he's on the downside of his career, but in the event Hasslebeck gets injured I wouldn't think Locker would have the ability to step in and effectively manage the game, especially without CJ back there. Even if CJ comes back and gets his deal done, I think the only way they'd have a great shot at being able to win games is if CJ has one of those games where he can't be stopped. And even that might not be enough.

Kenny Britt is talented, but also inconsistent, and a definite unknown even with Hasslebeck throwing it to him. And their defense is an unknown for me as well, any given year they can either be a great ball hawking d or just a horrible sieve. I'd put the odds toward the latter with Washburn gone, is there any more underrated d-line coach in the league? So yeah, a lot of things considered, I could see them having anywhere from a horrible year to an average year. Definitely not a good year though.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:25 PM   #108
rbanerjee23
The Starter

Kyle Orton of Denver Broncos to start at QB Week 1 vs. Oakland Raiders - ESPN

As if there was ever any doubt -- oh yeah, as skinsfaninok pointed out, Giants are crushing

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:33 PM   #109
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
The Titans? I could see it happening with circumstances falling in place, like CJ2K sitting out the season for one. I think they'll also severely miss Jim Washburn coaching the d-line this season too, I think that was one instance of the scheme benefiting the players greatly instead of the other way around.

Matt Hasslebeck is an unknown for me, everytime I think he should just retire he comes back and has a game that makes me rethink my position, like the playoff game against the Saints last year. I think he's on the downside of his career, but in the event Hasslebeck gets injured I wouldn't think Locker would have the ability to step in and effectively manage the game, especially without CJ back there. Even if CJ comes back and gets his deal done, I think the only way they'd have a great shot at being able to win games is if CJ has one of those games where he can't be stopped. And even that might not be enough.

Kenny Britt is talented, but also inconsistent, and a definite unknown even with Hasslebeck throwing it to him. And their defense is an unknown for me as well, any given year they can either be a great ball hawking d or just a horrible sieve. I'd put the odds toward the latter with Washburn gone, is there any more underrated d-line coach in the league? So yeah, a lot of things considered, I could see them having anywhere from a horrible year to an average year. Definitely not a good year though.
The only thing I think you're guaranteed from a Hasselbeck/Locker/Rusty Smith QB depth chart is poor QB play. I wouldn't want to predict how that time will be split up for fantasy football purposes. But that's a massive depth chart fail. And all the money the Titans are spending there just makes a nice cherry on top of not knowing what they're doing.

I think Kenny Britt will get his. Suspensions, receiving yards, touchdowns: I think he's good for it. He's a very good player. I like Jared Cook as well.

But they don't have a defense that can defense the pass or the run, they have mistake-prone QBs, and their best offensive player may or may not play. If there's a team capable of 14 losses in the NFL, the Titans are that team.

Not predicting that they will lose that many games, I think I have them at 5-11. But I also don't have any team losing as many games as the Panthers did last year. Some team will.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:41 PM   #110
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
The only thing I think you're guaranteed from a Hasselbeck/Locker/Rusty Smith QB depth chart is poor QB play. I wouldn't want to predict how that time will be split up for fantasy football purposes. But that's a massive depth chart fail. And all the money the Titans are spending there just makes a nice cherry on top of not knowing what they're doing.

I think Kenny Britt will get his. Suspensions, receiving yards, touchdowns: I think he's good for it. He's a very good player. I like Jared Cook as well.

But they don't have a defense that can defense the pass or the run, they have mistake-prone QBs, and their best offensive player may or may not play. If there's a team capable of 14 losses in the NFL, the Titans are that team.

Not predicting that they will lose that many games, I think I have them at 5-11. But I also don't have any team losing as many games as the Panthers did last year. Some team will.
What, you don't think based upon this past year that Rusty Smith has what it takes to be a good quarterback? From all indications, people think that Hasslebeck hooking up with his former coach will be a good thing for him, but you can't fix declining talent imo.

As for Kenny Britt and suspensions, well I think he'll only get somewhere from a 2-6 game suspension, if that. In the grand scheme of things, his offseason transgressions weren't on the level of say Pacman Jones'. But he's still inconsistent, which can nullify even the most talented player. He could have a good year, and I'm sure he might have 1 or 2 games where everything clicks for him, but I don't think it's going to make a major difference in the end. And I agree on their defense. The one or two things (depending on how you look at it) they have going for them on that team is their offensive line and CJ2K. I don't think they'll have a good season but if you do want to have something going for you, it's always a good thing to have it be your offensive line.