Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins/Giants Opening Day Predictions

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-06-2009, 08:35 PM   #46
Coff
Impact Rookie

Re: Redskins/Giants Opening Day Predictions

Many of the responses I'm reading remind me of the old SNL clips of "Da Bears" fans discussing how Ditka would do against a myriad of opponents. The optimism is fantastic. Unfortunately, I've developed too much fatalism when it comes to the Skins.

Look, we're an improved team this year from the team that finished 2-6 last year, but we're not in the same league with the g-men. Giants will cover this game by ten points, but it won't really be that close.
Coff is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-06-2009, 08:50 PM   #47
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
Not going to make a prediction since it is almost a waste of time. What O will show up for us? Not sure why you guys think we are going to blow NY out of the water with these 14+pt margins. Our first string offense played well for basically one game(Patriots), anything else was a repeat of last years crap. Thomas and Kelly give us more weapons, but look at the pass plays being called. Still mostly the under 10 yard variety, so any of the height and speed factors are somewhat negated. I think we can win if we play like we did against NE last week, but it will be a lot closer than 2 TDs.
I thought the O LOOKED as good against the Jags. The 28 yarder to ARE was encouraging even though it got called back and the bomb to ARE that he dropped was the best pass I've seen JC make. I want to think Blache was holding back, but we'll see. All in all, I'm optimistic.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:01 PM   #48
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

YES. I cannot believe the season is finally upon us.

Prediction: PAIN.

Thank God I can finally say that.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:01 PM   #49
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coff View Post
Many of the responses I'm reading remind me of the old SNL clips of "Da Bears" fans discussing how Ditka would do against a myriad of opponents. The optimism is fantastic. Unfortunately, I've developed too much fatalism when it comes to the Skins.

Look, we're an improved team this year from the team that finished 2-6 last year, but we're not in the same league with the g-men. Giants will cover this game by ten points, but it won't really be that close.
the same g-men that finished 1-3, after losing Plaxico, and who are going in with 7 WR's because no one stood out? I understand that the giants have had our number the last 2 years. But they are not the same team that went to the SB or even that went 12-4 last year.

The pre-season D is not what you are going to see Sunday from either team. Both teams will be game planning, and we will see what happens, but there is no way they are a 10 point better team than the Skins.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 09:18 PM   #50
Coff
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
the same g-men that finished 1-3, after losing Plaxico, and who are going in with 7 WR's because no one stood out? I understand that the giants have had our number the last 2 years. But they are not the same team that went to the SB or even that went 12-4 last year.

The pre-season D is not what you are going to see Sunday from either team. Both teams will be game planning, and we will see what happens, but there is no way they are a 10 point better team than the Skins.
Are they that a different a team that, without Plaxico, cruised to an easy 16 point victory in DC last year in week 13?
Coff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 09:24 PM   #51
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Haynesworth and Orakpo better be a huge factor or the Giants won't NEED to pass if Jacobs can do what he did last year.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:24 PM   #52
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coff View Post
Are they that a different a team that, without Plaxico, cruised to an easy 16 point victory in DC last year in week 13?
No, not substantially. They however do still have the same questions, and actually did nothing to answer what were the perceived weaknesses of their team. (WR, OLB) and let one of their triple run threat go.

But we are a substantially different team, with our O-line healthy and younger, Haynesworth in the center, and our wideouts actually running effective routes. I don't think you will be seeing our reserve center sent out to block Tuck in this game.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 09:37 PM   #53
44Deezel
The Starter

Who knows how things will play out, but there are valid reasons to think the Skins will be better than last year:

- When the O line was healthy, the Skins were a pretty good ball club. Just because there were injuries across the O line last year doesn't mean it will happen again this year. Injuries are unpredictable.

- Campbell was pretty good when the O line was healthy and he should be even better in his second year in the the system and with better weapons to throw to.

- The Defense should be much improved with the addition of Orakpo and Haynesworth.

The Skins lost to the Giants in the season opener last year, but it wasn't a blow-out. Why shouldn't we think they'll fair better this year?
Old 09-06-2009, 09:45 PM   #54
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Well I really think this is much more of a toss up than most "experts" will probaobly try to lead you to belive... I still lean towards the Giants being at home and with their defesive line. So I would predict Giants win... but who am I kidding... I cant do that

Skins 100
Giants 0.
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:39 PM   #55
Ruhskins
Living Legend

I don't like predictions, but I will say this...

If the Giants win, even if they play offensively like they did during the first game last year (I thought their offense was terrible) the sports media will call it a blow out and will pretty much hand them the Superbowl trophy to them.

If the Skins win, they'll say that Manning has no WR and that the Redskins got lucky.

I do hope that the offensive line holds up the Giants good d-line. And I hope our good defensive backs group takes advantaged of their inexperience WR group. This should definitely happen if our d-line pressures Eli all day.

HTTR!
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:47 PM   #56
53Fan
Franchise Player

Wink Re: Redskins/Giants Opening Day Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Deezel View Post
I thought the O LOOKED as good against the Jags. The 28 yarder to ARE was encouraging even though it got called back and the bomb to ARE that he dropped was the best pass I've seen JC make. I want to think Blache was holding back, but we'll see. All in all, I'm optimistic.
Careful, seems like that's grounds for being considered a "homer" around here. Don't you know you have to be negative to be considered "realistic"?
Old 09-06-2009, 10:52 PM   #57
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
Careful, seems like that's grounds for being considered a "homer" around here. Don't you know you have to be negative to be considered "realistic"?
Yup. That's why since Daniel nor Colt are on the #3 QB spot, our team is doomed.

Oh and you have always criticize the FO, and disregard any good moves they make as flukes or luck.

LOL. :cool-smil
R.I.P. #21
Old 09-07-2009, 01:07 AM   #58
hail_2_da_skins
Impact Rookie

I can't predict what the Redskins will do in the season opener. Optimistically, I hope they hit everything moving and knock the living snot out of the G-men. In preseason, the Skins have shown some of the same weak tendencies of the second half of last year. I would like to think that the coaching staff have been holding back until the regular season. But until I see points scored, I'm skeptical and I'm worried the Giants will overpower the Skins. That will be very difficult to watch and will start the "Bench Campbell" and "Fire Zorn" talk. So, while I'm sipping my Kool-Aid, I predict a defensive struggle with the Skins squeaking out a victory 17-10.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:10 AM   #59
tootergray34
Impact Rookie

we always find a way to lose in the meadowlands. seriously...we need to lose every game this year and stock pile draft picks. we need to build for the future...we aren't winning anytime soon with jason "i'm scared to throw it" campbell.
tootergray34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:24 AM   #60
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootergray34 View Post
we always find a way to lose in the meadowlands. seriously...we need to lose every game this year and stock pile draft picks. we need to build for the future...we aren't winning anytime soon with jason "i'm scared to throw it" campbell.
I think my limited football IQ just dropped a couple of points by reading this.
R.I.P. #21