Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Cofield 'Excited' As Giants Game Nears

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-05-2011, 09:52 AM   #1
44ever

This guys got me pumped!

“It’s going to be a pleasure,” Cofield said about competing against Eli Manning and the Giants’ offense. “It’s going to be exciting...

He admitted that he will be extra pumped up for the game.
44ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-05-2011, 09:57 AM   #2
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Re: Cofield 'Excited' As Giants Game Nears

Yeah when they interviewed him during the last preseason game they asked him something about going after a QB (think they asked about beck or grossman in practice) and he said he was looking more forward to going after eli in week 1
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:49 AM   #3
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

:headbange

I think the Jints are a lesser team than last year. I'm picking them second to last in the division. They have had a very flat off season.
I see us winning our opener.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:51 PM   #4
That Guy
Living Legend

dallas didn't do much either. It's possible we could finish 2nd in the east this year.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:08 PM   #5
GusFrerotte

If Grossman stays healthy, we will get 2nd in the division easily. The Gmen lost yet another LB for the year, so they are already short on D talent even from the starting gate. The thing that worries me though, this crap tends to happen every year. The Gmen get banged up before they play us and they lay a whupping on us still. We need to fix that!
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:30 PM   #6
Glasgow Celtic
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
If Grossman stays healthy, we will get 2nd in the division easily. The Gmen lost yet another LB for the year, so they are already short on D talent even from the starting gate. The thing that worries me though, this crap tends to happen every year. The Gmen get banged up before they play us and they lay a whupping on us still. We need to fix that!
Well gus if it's another body bag game then book your tickets for the big dance fella.

HTTR!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Glasgow Celtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:32 AM   #7
polywog
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
:headbange

I think the Jints are a lesser team than last year. I'm picking them second to last in the division. They have had a very flat off season.
I see us winning our opener.
I agree. I think we win big and I think Cofield has a big part in it.

Feels kind of unfair to play the G-men when they are so beat up....on the other hand - I HATE the Giants!

Last edited by polywog; 09-06-2011 at 04:36 AM.
polywog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:28 AM   #8
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by polywog View Post
I agree. I think we win big and I think Cofield has a big part in it.

Feels kind of unfair to play the G-men when they are so beat up...!
I look at it like Greenbay last year,they got healthy (and better) as the year went on,while others started of well and then went down hill.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:56 AM   #9
44ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I look at it like Greenbay last year,they got healthy (and better) as the year went on,while others started of well and then went down hill.
Agree, Giants always find a way to finish strong...
Old 09-06-2011, 08:05 AM   #10
polywog
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
That's just the way it is sometimes. During the 92 season, the Skins were incredibly beat up. They should have went back to the SB....oh, well!

IF I KNEW A Giants fan was lurking, i would have been nicer! LOL!

Last edited by polywog; 09-06-2011 at 08:07 AM.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:18 AM   #11
warriorzpath

Cliche but whoever wins the battles at the line of scrimmage will win the game. This game will be key in establishing position in the division and NFC.

Everyone's going to watch the redskins off. line to see how they perform against an always threatening giants defensive line. And on the other side- the key is to stop a motivated and rejuvenated Jacobs early without overcommitting too much to do it. That means the front 3 and inside linebackers must do their individual jobs well. So the pressure will be on the inside linebacker lining up next to Fletcher and the other de opposite Bowen. If they perform well then the redskins d will also be in good shape. If not, it will be a long game.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:47 AM   #12
polywog
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorzpath View Post
Cliche but whoever wins the battles at the line of scrimmage will win the game. This game will be key in establishing position in the division and NFC....
I completely agree.

This game will also be a good indicator of how far we have come as a team. If we get pushed around like a bunch of punks - it's going to be a long year. I really think that we have it together and will win this game easily. The second Giants game will be more competitive....not wearing my Skin's hat here...just trying to call it like I see it.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:04 AM   #13
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44ever View Post
Agree, Giants always find a way to finish strong...
I haven't checked, but I thought it was kinda the other way around. Seems like they started strong the last two years, but kinda sputtered at the end. Last year they could have clinched a playoff with a win against Philly and choked on the D. Jackson return, then lost to GB. Again, I could be wrong. I do know that they have had our number for a long time. On Skins Nation the other night they said our last opening day victory against the Giants was back in the 70's, we need to fix that this Sunday.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:36 AM   #14
Jontrem
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I haven't checked, but I thought it was kinda the other way around. Seems like they started strong the last two years, but kinda sputtered at the end. Last year they could have clinched a playoff with a win against Philly and choked on the D. Jackson return, then lost to GB. Again, I could be wrong. I do know that they have had our number for a long time. On Skins Nation the other night they said our last opening day victory against the Giants was back in the 70's, we need to fix that this Sunday.
I think he was being sarcastic as other than 2008 they have recently fallen apart late in the season.

On a side note I really like the new look of the Warpath! Good job whoever took the time to give it a facelift!
Jontrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:01 AM   #15
44ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
You're right Rule. There is no Green Bay type season in the Giants future. I'm looking forward to sweeping the G-Men this season.