Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Around the NFL (Preseason edition)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-11-2017, 02:08 PM   #16
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Around the NFL (Preseason edition)

per Schefter:

Cowboys' owner Jerry Jones is said to be furious with NFL decision, per one source. Furious.

welp stop drafting and helping out men who sexual assault and physical abuse women.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-11-2017, 02:46 PM   #17
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I am guessing Elliot will appeal (he has 3 days to file it), and it will be knocked down to 2-4 games.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 02:57 PM   #18
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I am guessing Elliot will appeal (he has 3 days to file it), and it will be knocked down to 2-4 games.
I hope not. You can't have the same punishment for inflating a football and abusing a women. That's laughable to me.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 03:24 PM   #19
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Right ^

The way they handle ray rice was the absolute low point for the league...2 games for knocking out a woman. The shield got crushed across the country...can't look soft facing domestic violence issues

He Gets Us
Old 08-11-2017, 03:28 PM   #20
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Right ^

The way they handle ray rice was the absolute low point for the league...2 games for knocking out a woman. The shield got crushed across the country...can't look soft facing domestic violence issues
It was, although I'm still upset the that public didn't give the Ravens any crap for the way they handled the Rice issue.

I hope the public goes after Jerry and the Cowpukes for continuing to sign pieces of crap like Hardy and Elliott.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 03:32 PM   #21
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Isn't there something in the league rules that allow a team to be penalized if it continues to bring in players with bad conduct? How is that not applied to the Cowboys?
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 03:44 PM   #22
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Good to see the cowboys fans taking this well on twitter:

"If you're a female Cowboys fan and you see Tiffany Thompson out somewhere in the streets, you know what to do"

He Gets Us
Old 08-11-2017, 04:56 PM   #23
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

They won't reduce it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 08-11-2017, 05:11 PM   #24
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Right ^

Yup that and after the Giant debacle from last year with the kicker Brown,there should be no reduction.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:11 AM   #25
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I hope not. You can't have the same punishment for inflating a football and abusing a women. That's laughable to me.
In the perfect world you're right but we all know the NFL always plays to their own agenda. They've lacked consistency in punishments for years. How is Josh Brown gonna get 1 game but Zeke 6? It's because Zeke is a bigger name for the league. Even though what Brown did was arguably just as bad.

Also I hate to play devils advocate but I keep seeing differing reports, one says the girl made the shit up and that's why charges were dropped and the other says the league has found 3 separate incidents that Zeke tried to cover up. So I have no idea what to believe, but I assume the truth will come out in time. Doesn't matter much to me anyways, IIRC we play the Cowboys in Zeke's game back, so we don't gain much from this.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:31 AM   #26
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
In the perfect world you're right but we all know the NFL always plays to their own agenda. They've lacked consistency in punishments for years. How is Josh Brown gonna get 1 game but Zeke 6? It's because Zeke is a bigger name for the league. Even though what Brown did was arguably just as bad.

Also I hate to play devils advocate but I keep seeing differing reports, one says the girl made the shit up and that's why charges were dropped and the other says the league has found 3 separate incidents that Zeke tried to cover up. So I have no idea what to believe, but I assume the truth will come out in time. Doesn't matter much to me anyways, IIRC we play the Cowboys in Zeke's game back, so we don't gain much from this.
Good point...me neither. But if the reports are true and there is physical evidence...bro, it's disturbing.

But the other side that is equally disturbing is Jerry jones and his constant denial and defense of complete pieces of shit. It really sux...that this organization has developed this attitude. I guess the fan of the cowboys just don't care. You rarely hear criticism

He Gets Us
Old 08-12-2017, 12:25 PM   #27
insane4theskinsi
Special Teams

i thought 6 games was bad for a 1st time offense,but it could also be the league sending the whole cowboy organization a message to run a better and tighter team.they have heard more players suspended and fined than more team in the league the last 30 years since the league created these things.i dont see jerry messiah fighting this like kraft did in new england.
insane4theskinsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 12:30 PM   #28
insane4theskinsi
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Yup that and after the Giant debacle from last year with the kicker Brown,there should be no reduction.
ray rice,s 2 games turned into a lifetime ban.looks like kaperknick is feeling the same heat from the owners.who is to know if they all did not have a conference call and take a vote to not any owner signing him?
Old 08-12-2017, 12:33 PM   #29
insane4theskinsi
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
They won't reduce it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
especially if jerry jones does not fight it like kraft did for brady.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:34 PM   #30
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane4theskinsi View Post
ray rice,s 2 games turned into a lifetime ban.looks like kaperknick is feeling the same heat from the owners.who is to know if they all did not have a conference call and take a vote to not any owner signing him?
Idk that they need a conference call, I'm pretty sure they all came to the conclusion that signing Kaep might hurt their bottom line, which is profits. If you ask every owner they will all say the goal is hoisting the Lombardi, but let's be real here. The majority of teams know there isn't a shot in hell of going deep in the playoffs, so the goal is to have a good season where they make plenty of money. Kaep might affect that, if fans protest and boycott the team because of his actions. Sucks for Kaep but that's the price he has to pay for fighting for people's rights.