Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Predictions on Game 2: Dallas week!

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-10-2019, 12:41 PM   #31
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Predictions on Game 2: Dallas week!

Sweat played 51 total snaps in Week 1, splitting time almost evenly between run defense (24 snaps) and the pass-rush (23 snaps). He recorded one quarterback hurry on the day, but he made his presence felt in the run game, ending the contest with three defensive stops against a relatively formidable rushing attack.

Advertisements
Old 09-10-2019, 12:49 PM   #32
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
How do you think O’Connell is doing as the OC?

Do you think Gruden took over the play calling in the second half of the Eagles game? Many of the second half play calls were very Gruden-like. Predictable runs on first down, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
couple things about the passing game...first Cooley confirmed that the skins weren't using the formation tendencies that was a big issue last year. They were running multiple things from the same looks-running and passing. Another thing new, they spread the ball around. Look at the number of receivers involved...that is not by accident. Playaction was back...they got some nice gains with it.

One thing that I really like with the passing game, Keenum's vision seemed better than alex...now that may be scheme too. But Keenum was going through progressions quickly and looked to pass deep first.

One thing with Jay, he still coming out and running too much on first down. He needs to mix it up there.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 12:59 PM   #33
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
How do you think O’Connell is doing as the OC?

Do you think Gruden took over the play calling in the second half of the Eagles game? Many of the second half play calls were very Gruden-like. Predictable runs on first down, etc.

Does anyone know who called Offense plays?
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 01:43 PM   #34
FWD Skins
Impact Rookie

Skins are going to get destroyed by at least 5 TDs.
FWD Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 03:09 PM   #35
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FWD Skins View Post
Skins are going to get destroyed by at least 5 TDs.
I'm pretty sure people were saying the same thing about the Iggles game. We just got destroyed in the 3rd quarter and couldn't come back.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 03:11 PM   #36
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
couple things about the passing game...first Cooley confirmed that the skins weren't using the formation tendencies that was a big issue last year. They were running multiple things from the same looks-running and passing. Another thing new, they spread the ball around. Look at the number of receivers involved...that is not by accident. Playaction was back...they got some nice gains with it.

One thing that I really like with the passing game, Keenum's vision seemed better than alex...now that may be scheme too. But Keenum was going through progressions quickly and looked to pass deep first.

One thing with Jay, he still coming out and running too much on first down. He needs to mix it up there.

Do you think the play action changes this year were because of O’Connell or Jay?

Yeah the Gruden playcalling is to always run on first down. Then when he has a lead, he runs on second down -forcing a third and long pass. All super-predictable and very unsuccessful.

If O’Connell has success as the OC I give him a good chance to replace Gruden next year.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 03:24 PM   #37
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Do you think the play action changes this year were because of O’Connell or Jay?

Yeah the Gruden playcalling is to always run on first down. Then when he has a lead, he runs on second down -forcing a third and long pass. All super-predictable and very unsuccessful.

If O’Connell has success as the OC I give him a good chance to replace Gruden next year.

Keim had a couple nice tweets today talking play design in the passing game...being able to create space in zones and Case picking it apart.

I don't know who responsible for play action game, but it was lacking last year...its back now

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 03:51 PM   #38
irish
Playmaker

This game is going to be a major embarrassment on various level for this organization. The Skins are never going to be in this game like they were in Philly and even worse, it will seem like a home game for Dallas.

Fan attendance at home will only go downhill from this point on. Its sad how far this organization has fallen.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 06:45 PM   #39
kct1975
The Starter

Quote:
I remember when the Redskins games were sold out and there was a huge waiting list for a ticket. You’d see an occasional Cowboy fan and they’d sit quietly while every Redskins fan shouted to support the team. The Redskins-Cowboy game meant something and was a big deal.

It’s amazing how badly Dan Snyder has trashed this franchise. No one on the Redskins even pretends this game against Dallas means anything. Home field advantage means nothing. We don’t even come close to selling out the opening game, much less others. Tens of thousands of opposing fans show up EVERY game. Since I live near Philly, I just want our newer Redskins fans to know that the game situation since Snyder took over IS NOT NORMAL.

Most NFL teams sell out most or all their games. Not us. Most NFL teams have some opposing team fans, not tens of thousands of rabid fans who sometimes appear to outnumber our own. Not us. Most NFL teams have nice, modern stadiums with food and drink items at reasonable prices. Not us. Fans in other teams bring signs to support their team (they even allow opposing fans to have signs). No us.

I hope I’m still alive to see when the Black Plague of the Redskins franchise, Dan Snyder, sells the team. I’d like to go to a Redskin’s game and see happy fans root for a fun and winning team. Dan Snyder claims to be the greatest Redskins fan. If he truly was a real fan, he’d realize how he has brought down this team in every way possible. He’d sell it to someone who cares about the franchise, not just as his personal play toy. Rant complete.

I completely agree with everything you said!

I too remember the Glory Days of the Joe Gibbs Era and the Super Bowls.

The Redskins Franchise is in Really Sad Shape!

I too hope to live to see the Redskins out from under the ownership of Dan Synder.

I actually ordered, and wear the t-shirt below...

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2019, 07:32 PM   #40
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Dallas will win one way or another because we will lose one way or another....I aint even watching. I want to say I will watch again when this staff is gone but what hope on Gods green Earth is there that Burns and Smithers will get a crew in here that is any better ?
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 07:35 PM   #41
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct1975 View Post
I completely agree with everything you said!

I too remember the Glory Days of the Joe Gibbs Era and the Super Bowls.

The Redskins Franchise is in Really Sad Shape!

I too hope to live to see the Redskins out from under the ownership of Dan Synder.

I actually ordered, and wear the t-shirt below...

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I wonder if they would allow you to wear that at the stadium. Probably not - falls under the “no posters in Fed ex”.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 09:59 PM   #42
rocnrik
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Dallas will win one way or another because we will lose one way or another....I aint even watching. I want to say I will watch again when this staff is gone but what hope on Gods green Earth is there that Burns and Smithers will get a crew in here that is any better ?
I feel the same way ..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 10:54 PM   #43
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Because the Redskins do shit like this, we somehow win. I have ZERO rhyme or reason and it SHOULDN'T happen, but that's the type of shit they do only to lay an egg against the Giants when they play them.
...........it's the NFC East, it's the way it works there is no reasoning to it.
Old 09-11-2019, 10:21 AM   #44
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

I say start McLaurin and Harmon at WR instead of Richardson.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 10:24 AM   #45
Ruhskins
Living Legend

There's no way in hell we are winning on Sunday with Shawn f*cking Hochuli officiating the game.

https://twitter.com/NFLOfficiating/s...29886869020673

Is this some f*cking setup by the NFL? Do they want the Cowboys to be 2-0 that badly?
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote