Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

How Long Will Jay Gruden Last This Season as Head Coach?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-03-2019, 05:51 PM   #376
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: How Long Will Jay Gruden Last This Season as Head Coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I mean for the rest of this season, give him a tryout

This is where im at. Continuity is out the window for multiple reasons at this point. Why not at least give an in house candidate a trial period?
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-03-2019, 07:37 PM   #377
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
This is where im at. Continuity is out the window for multiple reasons at this point. Why not at least give an in house candidate a trial period?
Honestly I would prefer fan seat winners being called down to round out the coaching staff. People might start showing uop to the games if they think they can be calling in plays. Totally worth it and can't get much worse right?
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 08:16 PM   #378
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Cool Re: How Long Will Jay Gruden Last This Season as Head Coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Honestly I would prefer fan seat winners being called down to round out the coaching staff. People might start showing uop to the games if they think they can be calling in plays. Totally worth it and can't get much worse right?
Im fine with this too!
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 09:38 AM   #379
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...wayne-haskins/
Old 10-04-2019, 01:01 PM   #380
Meks
Pro Bowl

More of the same jabber jaw shit
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 09:21 PM   #381
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

As if trashing Scot Mclaughan on the way out wasn’t the epitome of dickish moves, now Bruce does this?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ry/rumor-mill/

Could he be any more petty?

Why on earth would anyone of consequence ever want to come coach here, when Bruce has an established pattern of shit like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 09:38 PM   #382
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Well, things have taken a very interesting turn:

https://www.totalprosports.com/2019/...r-women-video/

No idea when this was filmed but it's pretty interesting that it comes out on the same weekend where Jay is supposedly going to be fired. Maybe this is a way for us to fire him and not have to pay his remaining salary?
Old 10-04-2019, 09:44 PM   #383
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

How Long Will Jay Gruden Last This Season as Head Coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Well, things have taken a very interesting turn:

https://www.totalprosports.com/2019/...r-women-video/

No idea when this was filmed but it's pretty interesting that it comes out on the same weekend where Jay is supposedly going to be fired. Maybe this is a way for us to fire him and not have to pay his remaining salary?

That’s the take in the article i posted a few minutes ago.

It’s beyond Petty for Snyder and Allen to try to publicly smear Jay on his way out.

They gave Trent Williams the biggest OL contract in the history of the NFL after he was suspended for weed.... but they’re going to try and use the same thing to screw Jay out of the rest of his contract - after he was a good soldier and put up with their shit for years?

I said it a few minutes ago and I’ll say it again - Why on earth would anyone come here when the team is showing time and again that this is how it treats people? Why would anyone come here when they know this Is exactly what Dan and Bruce will do to them when they’ve decided they want to move on?

Seriously - fuck this team as long as Snyder and Allen are in charge. A company which treats its employees this way is not worthy of our time, our money, or our passion.

Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 10-04-2019, 09:50 PM   #384
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

Bruce Allen and Dan Snyder are despicable

5superbowls3wins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 09:56 PM   #385
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
That’s the take in the article i posted a few minutes ago.

It’s beyond Petty for Snyder and Allen to try to publicly smear Jay on his way out.

They gave Trent Williams the biggest OL contract in the history of the NFL after he was suspended for weed.... but they’re going to try and use the same thing to screw Jay out of the rest of his contract - after he was a good soldier and put up with their shit for years?

I said it a few minutes ago and I’ll say it again - Why on earth would anyone come here when the team is showing time and again that this is how it treats people? Why would anyone come here when they know this Is exactly what Dan and Bruce will do to them when they’ve decided they want to move on?

Seriously - fuck this team as long as Snyder and Allen are in charge. A company which treats its employees this way is not worthy of our time, our money, or our passion.

This really makes me so mad, even more mad when you realize that Bruce is going NOWHERE.
Old 10-04-2019, 10:02 PM   #386
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I wanna think whoever filmed those videos released it because they either got paid or said Jay Gruden doesn't give a fuck because he's about to be fired. So I'm not entirely sure we can put this on Bruce and Dan.

But we can put running an incompetent organization on Bruce and Dan, and I'm fine with that. Fuck 'em.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 11:03 PM   #387
skinsfan69
Living Legend

The timing of this is very strange.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 11:18 PM   #388
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
The timing of this is very strange.

Not if you’re in the redskins front office and want to smear a guy you’re about to fire as you kick him out the door.

Its also pretty lame of them - i mean, who, in the real world, really cares about weed anymore?

Old 10-04-2019, 11:41 PM   #389
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Logic. You see it so rarely nowadays. If you were a chick I'd put a ring on it.
Gruden already confirmed he is the one calling the plays.

https://www.hogshaven.com/2019/10/3/...-a-qb-decision

The offense is all on him. He is both the HC and OC. If he was a good HC he would fire himself as OC.

Hopefully its Black Monday at Redskins Park.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 02:42 AM   #390
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
This makes zero sense. Why would a new Gm come here and be forced to work w/ a coach that he probably doesn't want? Also Smith would in turn be the Gm since he's replacing Allen. SO what you're saying is put Smith as President and then hire a GM and make him work with incumbents? Then also make the new GM get a DC with a HC he probably doesn't want in the first place?? It sounds like your just want to fire guys w/out any plan. Keep your day job Warthog.. lol.

BA is listed as the Redskins Team President but is also acting as the GM. The first thing that needs to happen for the Redskins culture to change is for him to be fired. I suggested Kyle Smith because he’s the head of the scouting department and already in the Redskins organization. Smith has done a very good job with the team’s draft the last couple years. It is important to get someone competent into the GM job IMMEDIATELY because the team needs to trade guys like TW and others for DRAFT PICKS before the Oct 25 trading shutdown.

Gruden needs also to be replaced immediately. He’s not only coaching poorly but he’s making stupid decisions in order to get fired. If you move O’Connell into the HC position we actually can see how he does calling plays - since Gruden is doing it now instead of his OC. IDEALLY, you’d want the GM to make the HC decision, but there just isn’t time. Gruden and Manusky need to be fired ASAP.

Why the rush? Because the team needs to trade away as many older or expensive FA players like TW, Norman, Richardson and yes even Scherff to get as many draft picks for 2020 as they can. The offensive and defensive schemes need to be immediately improved so the new GM can evaluate players for their ability. Right now the offensive and defensive coaching (under Gruden and Manusky) is so bad, every player looks terrible.

Haskins and other rookies need to be played to get experience and to test their ability. Without getting a new GM, HC, DC right away you can’t fix the system enough to evaluate what they have or start the rebuilding process.

Hire Smith, O’Connell and a DC for this season only. See how they do with this season and then get into the post Season for the long-term contracts.

Only by Snyder giving full power to the GM can they get an elite prospect. Snyder’s reputation is justifiably terrible. Maybe Smith is the best the team can get for this season and as a long-term replacement. Same with the HC position. O’Connell May be all the team can get because of the team’s horrible reputation.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote