Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-13-2008, 04:43 PM   #16
jsarno
Franchise Player

Re: Chargers and Norv

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Nah, San Diego can beat them.

Let's hope they can get healthy this week, I really don't want to be subjected to another New England super bowl.
I just don't think SD can...and I agree with you, I can't handle another NE SB, and even worse, I won't even bother watching a dallas / NE SB, what's the point? It's a no win situation!

Advertisements
Old 01-13-2008, 04:43 PM   #17
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

I have no problems with Norv either...just wasn't the right coach for us at the time...and certainly not under the pressure Danny was putting on him. I hated the way they ran him out of here.
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 04:45 PM   #18
NinjaLink
Special Teams

Chargers can't beat the Patriots. Oh, and yeah, Patriots will win another Superbowl! Go Patriots!
NinjaLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 04:45 PM   #19
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsk1 View Post
More negativity...more insults...to an all around nice guy. Some of the comments here are worthless. How about some incite as to why he's a "clown."

How about some class skins fans?
As for insight, he's a cowboy who was completely useless as our head coach. Always looked defeated before we even played the game. Hell, he spent half the game whining to the officials today. Nice is great and all but it doesn't get it done. I agree with others who've said the team's success is centered around the roster and not the HC. I've never watched a Norv coached game and said, wow that was a great adjustment or what a nice call. Point's going to be moot 7 days from now anyway, after they get destroyed by NE.

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 04:45 PM   #20
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsk1 View Post
Damn, how about some credit for Norv. Great win today.

Hey guys, guess what...you can't win w/out good players. Norv didn't have good players as a skins coach and horrible players as the Raiders coach. His year or two in Oakland shouldn't even count.

Maybe not a great coach but give credit to an ex skins coach, an excellent offensive mind, and an overall nice guy.
Yeah having Randy Moss must have been a real albatross around his neck
Old 01-13-2008, 04:45 PM   #21
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
You don't think the Chargers can beat them? I disagree. If they get LaDanian, Rivers, and Neal back next week (more than likely) they match up well.
I honestly will be pulling for it. I just don't see it though. Then again, I didn't see us losing to Seattle and that did happen.
Neal is an important key, but overall, the Pats are just overmatch the chargers. Hopefully the Chargers will remember being disrespected in the playoffs a couple years ago by the pats. Maybe they will have a huge chip on thier shoulders. We can only hope.
Old 01-13-2008, 04:46 PM   #22
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Yeah having Randy Moss must have been a real albatross around his neck
I thought he said "players" as in plural. Randy Moss can't do it alone.
Old 01-13-2008, 04:46 PM   #23
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins247 View Post
I have no problems with Norv either...just wasn't the right coach for us at the time...and certainly not under the pressure Danny was putting on him. I hated the way they ran him out of here.
I disagree, when Danny took over he got rid of Trent Green and brought Brad Johnson that was the downfall. Green went on to put up some # and make a few pro-bowl's Johnson took us to a playoff, but overall Green was much better. I blame Danny mostly.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 04:48 PM   #24
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
I know that there's a lot of Norv bashers in this forum, but you have to give him credit for taking his team to the conference finals. Marty chokenheimer couldn't do what Norv did. Go Chargers beat the Patriots and win the SB!!
C'mon dude. To compare Marty to Norv is a serious joke. Norv is a yes man who is riding the wave.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 04:49 PM   #25
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins247 View Post
Yeah, Snyder really was a big problem. Norv did his best for us...I won't hold that against him.
Old 01-13-2008, 04:50 PM   #26
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
I disagree, when Danny took over he got rid of Trent Green and brought Brad Johnson that was the downfall. Green went on to put up some # and make a few pro-bowl's Johnson took us to a playoff, but overall Green was much better. I blame Danny mostly.
Didn't Snyder buy the team in 1999, after that playoff season?
Old 01-13-2008, 04:50 PM   #27
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Anybody remember Bill Callahan taking Oak to the SB? That's how I see Norv's success this year. Schottenheimer put together a tough team and now Norv is riding those coattails as far as they'll take him.

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 04:50 PM   #28
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Quote:
And let's not forget Danny's big push for jeff george over johnson...that was brilliant too. Brad was a pretty solid qb, not amazing, but solid.
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 04:51 PM   #29
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
You can't blame Snyder for the Green/Johnson situation cause he didn't have control of the team until the moves were already made. Trent Green was already gone before Danny got the team. Charley Casserly was the one who brought in Brad Johnson under John Cooke.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 04:52 PM   #30
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
C'mon dude. To compare Marty to Norv is a serious joke. Norv is a yes man who is riding the wave.
What has Marty Done? Show me? He'll have a great season and CHOKE!! At least Norv with the same team minus LaDanian lost in the 2nd quarter, Rivers lost in the 4th quarter, beat the Colts in Indy. Enough said!!!

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote