Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Winning

Debating with the enemy

Old 10-03-2018, 11:35 AM   #61
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: Winning

When Bush was president, anything positive was due to Clinton's policies and anything bad was Bush's fault. When Obama was president, anything positive was due to his policies, and everything bad was Bush's fault. Now that Trump is president, anything positive is due to Obama's policies, and anything bad is Trump's fault. Its unbelievable but actually quite impressive how a huge section of the democratic machine and its voters think like this.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-03-2018, 11:59 AM   #62
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
When Bush was president, anything positive was due to Clinton's policies and anything bad was Bush's fault. When Obama was president, anything positive was due to his policies, and everything bad was Bush's fault. Now that Trump is president, anything positive is due to Obama's policies, and anything bad is Trump's fault. Its unbelievable but actually quite impressive how a huge section of the democratic machine and its voters think like this.
It's mainly G1 here that blows that smoke. Matty, mooby and others all acknowledge the growth and economic success has been part of Trump's policies, albeit they are waiting for the other shoe to drop - deregulation destroying the planet, worker's dying in sweat shop conditions, companies greed bringing the next great depression, etc.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 12:08 PM   #63
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
You lie like trump lies. The left has not cozied up to China,Iran or Russia the way trump has .Try again you trumpette.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/marke...Rf0?ocid=ientp

Dow rallies 150 points to record after strong jobs data

More bad news!!!! G1, I know you hate it!
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 12:10 PM   #64
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I agree, and a side note on this, people may have started noticing the fed raising rates, and while individuals may feel a little of that, guess what happens when the federally borrowed money starts having to pay higher rates, it's not a good thing.

I do think the difference on the stimulus vs solid gdp growth, is a lot of the stimulus was borrowed money that doesn't increase the tax base. In sound GDP growth, tax revenues rise as a result. BUT your point is right it's not enough, and Congress needs to stop living in tax and spend environment.
Thank you for being capable of a meaningful discussion. When I'm a pain in the ass at least I'm funny. Chico and G1 need to take it to the kids table.

Agree that the higher GDP growth is driving higher tax base. Unfortunately though the part of the GDP that has grown has been heavier on the corporate side of the ledger, which has led in part to corporations performing stock buybacks, which increases stock prices and those capital gains get taxed. But not at a rate as high as you'd get by taxing wages / regular income. We're seeing wages finally rising some, but not at the same rate as corporate earnings and stock prices.

Trump's position on China of course is leading to tariffs, which of course pads the federal coffers. I'd be interested to see how much of an impact that's having on our deficit. In other words, without it how big would our deficit be? So that part of his approach has to be thrown in the mix. Overall I'm not a fan of protectionist practices but a source of tax revenue is a source of tax revenue.

Overall my concern is our economy feels really strong right now but that strength isn't sustainable. When interest rates eventually rise the impact on our federal budget will be large. Tough choices about our fiscal spending loom and people will eventually feel a lot of pain, it's just a matter of which Americans will bear the burden, and when.
Old 10-03-2018, 12:12 PM   #65
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

Trump may be able to keep this good news going for his entire time in office - if he can keep borrowing to fuel the GDP growth then the getting will stay good while the getting is good.

Eventually though the piper will need to be paid, which might not happen while he's in office, so he won't get blamed. But rest assured his borrowing is setting us up for pain, eventually.
Old 10-03-2018, 12:15 PM   #66
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

You do know that the DOW and the economy are two different things right?

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2018/02/0...ly-matter.html

I prefer the S+P 500
Old 10-03-2018, 12:22 PM   #67
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

How the government should work: individuals and corporations are taxed at a fair/competitve rate and spending bends to what reasonable and fair tax money is available.

How it actually works: government spends trillions more than we have, tells us all that we need to pay more, creates class warfare among americans, has an uncompetitive corporate tax rate, and the politicians get rich off of lobbyist money, bribes, pork, etc. Talk about a crime family. Legalized mob.
Old 10-03-2018, 12:24 PM   #68
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...son/1491329535

https://q13fox.com/2018/09/20/need-a...s-the-country/

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/13/targ...ay-season.html

Read the news...higher, competitive demand for holiday worker...higher wages, incentives, perks, employee discount, ETC.

Amazon is getting out in front, trying to keep its workforce...this was a competitive WAGE HIKE due to demand. This was not some bullshit handout...this is business and a strategy by Amazon to retain workforce and compete other employers who are direct competition

This is what happens in a great economy.

Pay attention chico............

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/video/...130000919.html
Old 10-03-2018, 12:28 PM   #69
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Trump may be able to keep this good news going for his entire time in office - if he can keep borrowing to fuel the GDP growth then the getting will stay good while the getting is good.

Eventually though the piper will need to be paid, which might not happen while he's in office, so he won't get blamed. But rest assured his borrowing is setting us up for pain, eventually.
There are solutions that could help reduce the pain, but neither the republicans, democrats, or honestly - a majority of us citizens - want to talk about significantly reducing the spending side of the equation. Without that serious discussion (not demagogued by both sides) it doesn't matter who is president, or what policies are implemented, the debt will eventually consume the revenue taken in.

This shouldn't be a democrat/republican divide, but instead a baseline look at ALL the spending - defense, social security and government aid programs(domestic). The time for bandaids, like foreign aid reductions, and eliminating fraud/waste, etc, is long past. Not that we don't need to look at those areas too, but they don't make up enough of the budget to have any meaningful effect on the course of the debt issue.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 12:38 PM   #70
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
There are solutions that could help reduce the pain, but neither the republicans, democrats, or honestly - a majority of us citizens - want to talk about significantly reducing the spending side of the equation. Without that serious discussion (not demagogued by both sides) it doesn't matter who is president, or what policies are implemented, the debt will eventually consume the revenue taken in.

This shouldn't be a democrat/republican divide, but instead a baseline look at ALL the spending - defense, social security and government aid programs(domestic). The time for bandaids, like foreign aid reductions, and eliminating fraud/waste, etc, is long past. Not that we don't need to look at those areas too, but they don't make up enough of the budget to have any meaningful effect on the course of the debt issue.
If you cut 1% off of defense spending you hate all military members. 1% off of welfare and you want all poor people to starve to death. That's how it is for any cut. And politician on both sides play us like fiddles on these issues and get re-elected/rich.

There needs to be across the board/equal spending cuts, but even that won't work because above would still happen. This country needs a serious maturity upgrade all around.
Old 10-03-2018, 12:45 PM   #71
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:

Great post, fully agree.
Old 10-03-2018, 01:26 PM   #72
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
First like it or not I am a registered Republican.I'll take a shot

1) Healthcare for everyone . ACA you don't just dump it it,you fix what is wrong with it and you move on .
2)Social Security ,it's a flawed system but you don't fuck with it till you have a better system in place.
3) Welfare ,it's needed but again it's time to fix it .People should work for their money
4) We need to be the Big Player again Fuck Russia ,Fuck China ..this is a World economy but and American company should take care of it's American workers and if it won't, YES, the goverment should make them.
5) Our Military ,it is the best in the World ! We need to take better care of current and former Soldiers .
6) Education ,someone tell me why the first cuts made are always Education

7) Term limits ,including the SCOTUS

I'm sure with more time I can think of others things and this list is not in order of importance either ,just a random list to start.

Okay ,rip me apart!
What, no one else?
Old 10-03-2018, 01:41 PM   #73
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
What, no one else?

Love this movie.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:45 PM   #74
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
This sounds about white.

Congrats on the win!

punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 07:47 PM   #75
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
1st response, invoke race, liberal strategy 101. You don't need any further responses now. Ths already proves any point you're trying to make. It's just a natural response.

I can’t even....so I wont. If you don’t see the hypocrisy by now you never will. Going back to the football threads. I feel like i have to shower again because i came in here,....
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote