R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR

Advertisements
Old 10-30-2019, 10:20 PM   #47
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Re: Trent Williams ends season-long holdout, rejoins Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Trent and his people are not completely innocent in this mess. The pissing match between both sides has been ridiculous.

Also, everyone knows Trent doesn't plan to play even now that he has reported (JP reported this), so the "helmet discomfort" is more on him than the team IMO.
Oh yeah Trent is clearly far from being clean. I just feel like the FO should've known he was dead set on never playing here again and done the best thing for the team: actively try to trade him early for the best offer possible...

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 10-30-2019, 10:20 PM   #48
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Yeah it was the Browns' 2nd. And earlier in the season the Pats' 1st by JP Finflay and Kevin Sheehan.

Now TW is clearly middle fingering the FO, using the medical issue he hates them for as an excuse to not play for this team.

I can understand hating on TW because of all the drama, but I'm more mad at the FO for the way they mishandled it.

The patriots never offered a first. Immediately after that report came out, several sources debunked it as bullshit. Sheehan and Finley have both since reported this and suggested that the offer of a first was likely a false report leaked by the the Skins to drive up a trade market. It didn’t work.

The only teams legitimately interested in Trent were the browns and it’s not been confirmed that they actually offered a second. This also could have been the skins leaking something - again to drive up a trade market.

The truth is, no one was ever going to give up a lot of compensation for a 31 year old, injury prone left tackle, with a history of missing 4 games per year to either injury or suspension. Speaking of which, Trent is also one joint away from being suspended for an entire year. And on top of all of that, this is a player who was just 3 years ago made the highest paid left tackle in the league, received a heavily front -loaded contract, who then tried to force his way out of town with two years remaining on his deal.... and who would almost certainly demand a new contract with his new team or hold out again.

If Trent were on another team, would you want the skins to trade for a player with all THAT baggage?

I sure as hell wouldn’t - and if you check browns fan sites, they are ecstatic this trade never happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 10-30-2019, 11:00 PM   #49
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

When Bruce waited to the last minute for a trade, it was again a stupid fuckin retard move. Redskins played this poorly like they always have...the browns pre hype was the time to move him versus post hype browns.

Bruce and this org get zero credit. They’ve earned none through multiple bullshit retarded moves.

He Gets Us
Old 10-30-2019, 11:12 PM   #50
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
When Bruce waited to the last minute for a trade, it was again a stupid fuckin retard move. Redskins played this poorly like they always have...the browns pre hype was the time to move him versus post hype browns.

Bruce and this org get zero credit. They’ve earned none through multiple bullshit retarded moves.
Agreed, but we've also seen many players this season that have been able to force their teams to trade them. To me it seems that Trent was unwilling/unable to do anything to force the team to trade him.

As I've repeatedly stated, staying away, keeping silent, and giving Dan Snyder half of your paycheck doesn't do shit to force the team to trade you.
R.I.P. #21
Old 10-31-2019, 05:08 AM   #51
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Oh yeah Trent is clearly far from being clean. I just feel like the FO should've known he was dead set on never playing here again and done the best thing for the team: actively try to trade him early for the best offer possible...

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Pretty sure his rep said so at the start ,then people tried to make it about money and I never thought it was.
Old 10-31-2019, 06:15 AM   #52
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number44 View Post
I haven't seen where we could have had the Browns first rounder. In fact, I've read that the Browns refused to trade their first rounder.
FWIW Rick Snider retweeted this, but I dont know the source.... **at the start of the season seems like they would have given a first , half way through when it looks like a top 15 pick..... not so much**

@CharlesRobinson
on Yahoo! Sports NFL Podcast “The Cleveland #Browns are furious w/ the Washington Redskins over Trent Williams.” Says 6 wks ago, Redskins could’ve had 1st rd pk for Williams from CLE. WASH waited 6 wks, CLE basically said “kiss my ass, you’re not calling me now"

Edit ** my take on it not RS tweet
Old 10-31-2019, 07:29 AM   #53
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Pretty sure his rep said so at the start ,then people tried to make it about money and I never thought it was.
You're kidding yourself if you don't think this issue could have been resolved with $$.

Hey Trent do you want to be the highest paid lineman in the league? Nah I'm good, I've got a booboo I'm mad about.
Old 10-31-2019, 07:36 AM   #54
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
FWIW Rick Snider retweeted this, but I dont know the source.... **at the start of the season seems like they would have given a first , half way through when it looks like a top 15 pick..... not so much**

@CharlesRobinson
on Yahoo! Sports NFL Podcast “The Cleveland #Browns are furious w/ the Washington Redskins over Trent Williams.” Says 6 wks ago, Redskins could’ve had 1st rd pk for Williams from CLE. WASH waited 6 wks, CLE basically said “kiss my ass, you’re not calling me now"

Edit ** my take on it not RS tweet
This is the correct take tho...As the Cleveland pick becomes lower in the the draft the value increases versus less games Trent has to turn around a season going downhill. Cleveland thinking process makes more sense to hold on too pick now.

He Gets Us
Old 10-31-2019, 09:55 AM   #55
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Bruce asked Trent if he would come back if he fired the people only the medical staff who he feels mistreated him. Trent said no, he didn't want anyone to lose their jobs.

Think about that for a second. If you genuinely and sincerely believed that medical staff mistreated you - to the extent of a cancer misdiagnosis - how would you feel about the medical staff?

Well, Trent supposedly is so upset that he abandoned the team that has treated him like royalty for the better part of a decade. The team that gave him the largest OL contract in the history of the league just 5 years ago - AFTER he was suspended 4 games for weed and facing a 1 year suspension for the next violation. The team that front loaded this already large contract at Trents request. He's supposedly so upset with the medical staff that he also abandoned his team mates, many of whom he played with for years.

So the medical stuff is really the reason for the hold out, and for Trent showing such disrespect to the team, his teammates, and the fans - if the medical stuff was serious enough to be the true cause of all of THIS - then don't you think he would want those people to lose their jobs? I mean, if Trent is supposedly making some principled stand for the benefit of his team mates, then the medical staff must be really really bad right? If theyre so negligent, wouldn't you want them replaced so that the rest of the team is safe?

But he didn't want that to happen. In fact, Trent hasn't said anything publicly at all. Its all been rumors from third parties. Why? Because the story is BS. Its not about medical stuff. And Trent knows if HE directly made accusations which are not true, he could be sued for Libel. The medical stuff is just an excuse. Its always been about the money

Screw Trent Williams.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 10-31-2019, 11:45 AM   #56
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Bruce asked Trent if he would come back if he fired the people only the medical staff who he feels mistreated him. Trent said no, he didn't want anyone to lose their jobs.

This was what probably leaked by the team or a lie from Bruce directly. I don't trust any info from Redskins Park at this point. Look at the number of former disgruntled players...
TW should get some blame but I have a hard time blaming any of the players when this organization is going out of their way to make things worse for everyone involved.
Old 10-31-2019, 11:53 AM   #57
MTK
\m/

I'm so done with this TW situation and the thought it's going to drag out into the offseason is so annoying. If anyone offered a 1st rounder the Skins should have pounced. Bruce Allen is such a petty mother F'er. I get how the front office would be pissed about how Trent has gone about things, but cut your losses man.
Old 10-31-2019, 11:54 AM   #58
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
This was what probably leaked by the team or a lie from Bruce directly. I don't trust any info from Redskins Park at this point. Look at the number of former disgruntled players...
TW should get some blame but I have a hard time blaming any of the players when this organization is going out of their way to make things worse for everyone involved.
TW should get a lot of blame, because he could easily dispel any lies from the team.

He could also have shown up at the beginning of the season and:

a. Prove to potential teams that he is still an elite player.
b. Not give his money to Dan Snyder
c. Be a malcontent and pressure the team to trade him (see Jalen Ramsey)

If he REALLY wanted out of this team, there are a lot of things he could have done, instead of staying away and post stupid cryptic pictures on Instagram.
R.I.P. #21
Old 10-31-2019, 12:06 PM   #59
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

He could be telling the truth on a helmet being irritating. Post surgical scars can feel strange for years later until they slowly lose their sensitivity. Of course with access to the best medical care and modern medicine money can buy there should be something topically applied or an injection than should make his noggin feel fine inside a helmet.
Old 10-31-2019, 12:09 PM   #60
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Im so freaking happy the Nats won the world series, because this jackass helmet and head situation would be ruling the airwaves and print from dc media.

im sick of all this constant bullshit drama. the management awareness is completely lacking

He Gets Us
Closed Thread