Go Back   Warpath > Fantasy Football Forums > Fantasy Football

Fantasy Football 2015 Thread

Fantasy Football

Old 12-07-2015, 08:41 AM   #46
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Re: Fantasy Football 2015 Thread

So, I sat Thomas.
He outscored both Fitz and Hilton. Fortunately, Brown saved my ass. (In my horrible RB situation, I started Blount. He got outscored by Langford and Ware, both of whom sat on my bench).

Regardless, barring a ~30 pt. night for McFadden, and thanks to Brown and Brady, I should pull out the win and all but assure myself a playoff spot. Given that I can barely sport a RB 2 in my lineup (my current best guy appears to be S. Draughns), however, not sure I make to the money round.

Now, if Forte, West or L. Miller happen to have a mild injury that keeps them out for a few weeks, I will not be unhappy as I have Langford, Ware, and Ajayi. Crossing fingers for some tweaked hammies or sprained ankles - nothing career threatening, just a little tweak that lets me have a legit RB1 for about three weeks.

Advertisements
Old 12-07-2015, 10:44 AM   #47
MTK
\m/

The $$ league is crazy competitive, anything could happen in the playoffs
Old 12-07-2015, 12:27 PM   #48
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Yup. It's always like that. Given the vagaries of the games and players, you may have a stellar team but all it takes is a couple of crappy games by key players in the playoffs to knock you off.

If my win hold up, still three teams in it for the last spot.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:05 AM   #49
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Welp, playoffs started last weekend in my pay league and I had a bye. So of course my RBs all got injured last week: Rawls (out for the year and I have Lynch injured on the bench), Jonathan Stewart on Carolina sprained his knee and Riverboat Ron said they are going to be careful with him and Todd Gurley banged his knee.

Looks like Gurley is gonna be all right...and of course im getting screwed by an early turn around on Thursday night (fuck you goodell)

OK...Stewart is probably gonna be out or his workload will be limited. I need a waiver wire baller:

Give me some insight people:

Denard Robinson Jacksonville vs Falcons. Yeldon probably out or limited

Bryce Brown vs Cleveland. Probably gonna start for Seattle, but hasn't played a snap this year.

Matt Jones vs Buffalo. We know the dumpster fire our running game can be, but Buffalo has been giving up on the ground lately.

Bolden NE...I hate New England running back because of the inconsistencies, but folks are saying he will get the start vs Tennessee who is decent against the run. Plus that dude White will probably split time.

How would you rank these fools?...my Waiver position is 6, but I got some dumbass friends who aren't in the playoffs that wont be active in the process.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 11:23 AM   #50
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Welp, playoffs started last weekend in my pay league and I had a bye. So of course my RBs all got injured last week: Rawls (out for the year and I have Lynch injured on the bench), Jonathan Stewart on Carolina sprained his knee and Riverboat Ron said they are going to be careful with him and Todd Gurley banged his knee.

Looks like Gurley is gonna be all right...and of course im getting screwed by an early turn around on Thursday night (fuck you goodell)

OK...Stewart is probably gonna be out or his workload will be limited. I need a waiver wire baller:

Denard Robinson Jacksonville vs Falcons. Yeldon probably out or limited

Bryce Brown vs Cleveland. Probably gonna start for Seattle, but hasn't played a snap this year.

Matt Jones vs Buffalo. We know the dumpster fire our running game can be, but Buffalo has been giving up on the ground lately.

Bolden NE...I hate New England running back because of the inconsistencies, but folks are saying he will get the start vs Tennessee who is decent against the run. Plus that dude White will probably split time.

How would you rank these fools?...my Waiver position is 6, but I got some dumbass friends who aren't in the playoffs that wont be active in the process.
I would go Denard Robinson - At the least Jax's offense works, and if Atlanta's doesn't Jax might get to a point where they are up enough to run out the game.

Matt Jones next, Alfred seems to get the first series, then Matt Jones gets the bulk, then Alfmo gets the early 4th quarter if we are ahead. Jones should have good success

Bolden next. NE is likely going to run him as the first option, though White and Gronk will get the bulk of the TD shots

Bryce Brown. He's last cuz I have no clue for him whatsoever.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 08:27 AM   #51
30gut
Playmaker

First round on the playoffs in a money league:

QB:

Rodgers(vs Oakland) or Stafford(vs Saints)

QB-Leaning towards A-aron but worry about the run focus w/McCarthy calling plays and missing out of Stafford possibly lighting up the Saints willing defense

WR:

Amendola(vs Tenn w/ Edelman looming) or Brian Hartline/Willie Snead

I'm thin at WR, prolly might cost me the chip, my options aren't great would go with Danny easily if the spectre of Edelman playing wasn't lingering
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 08:31 AM   #52
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
I picked up Robinson in my league and I'm starting him.

You proly wrote this before the recent transactions but Christine Michael is the guy in Seattle now.

I don't trust any of our RBs or Bellitrix in fantasy.
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 09:15 AM   #53
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
I picked up Robinson in my league and I'm starting him.

You proly wrote this before the recent transactions but Christine Michael is the guy in Seattle now.

I don't trust any of our RBs or Bellitrix in fantasy.
I ended up picking up Robinson and Matt Jones. Right now will start Robinson...Todd Gurley put up an ok game for me last night almost 15 points.
Old 12-18-2015, 09:16 AM   #54
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
First round on the playoffs in a money league:

QB:

Rodgers(vs Oakland) or Stafford(vs Saints)

QB-Leaning towards A-aron but worry about the run focus w/McCarthy calling plays and missing out of Stafford possibly lighting up the Saints willing defense

WR:

Amendola(vs Tenn w/ Edelman looming) or Brian Hartline/Willie Snead

I'm thin at WR, prolly might cost me the chip, my options aren't great would go with Danny easily if the spectre of Edelman playing wasn't lingering
You play Rodgers and Amendola...right now is not the time to get cute. You ride those horses to got into the playoffs with
Old 12-21-2015, 09:27 AM   #55
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

^ Hey sorry about that 30Gunit.

Anyways, I won my playoff game 125-117 to bounce into the championship game in my pay league. Chance to win 5 hundy.

Gotta say me picking up Russell Wilson when my idiot friend dropped him after week 9 was key to my run...as was picking Todd Gurley in like round 10 in my fantasy draft.

My drafting of WR were key...Julio round 2, Deandre Hopkins round 3 and Fitzgerald round 7.

Gotta coach my guys up for this weekend
Old 12-24-2015, 06:47 AM   #56
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Ok in my championship game...who else is playing for a title?

So listen, I've lost my starters at running back the last several weeks, no Marshawn lynch, no Thomas Rawls and no Jonathan Stewart.

Gurley is playing at Seattle, so I will not be starting him.

I got denard Robinson at New Orleans...he is a little banged up, I got Christine michales against the Rams, Matt jones banged up against eagles and artis-Payne against the Falcons....I'm leaning denard Robinson and Christine Micheal
Old 12-27-2015, 12:57 PM   #57
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Time to get this ring today and 500 hundy
Old 12-27-2015, 06:23 PM   #58
That Guy
Living Legend

i think i'm going to win the warpath league today (die matty, die).

the other leagues i'm in are all 3rd/4th place finishes :/. guess that's what you get when you only check your lineups once a week on sunday morning. it kinda felt like a chore this year.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 06:26 PM   #59
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
Ok in my championship game...who else is playing for a title?

So listen, I've lost my starters at running back the last several weeks, no Marshawn lynch, no Thomas Rawls and no Jonathan Stewart.

Gurley is playing at Seattle, so I will not be starting him.

I got denard Robinson at New Orleans...he is a little banged up, I got Christine michales against the Rams, Matt jones banged up against eagles and artis-Payne against the Falcons....I'm leaning denard Robinson and Christine Micheal
little late, but i'd start rashad jennings or theo riddick over denard if they're FAs.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 06:39 PM   #60
MTK
\m/

Crazy fantasy year for me, finished with the first seed in all 3 of my leagues, looks like I'm going to win 2/3. Not too shabby.