Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Fantasy Football Forums > Fantasy Football


Fantasy Football 2012 Thread

Fantasy Football


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2012, 10:10 AM   #1
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 34,007
Fantasy Football 2012 Thread

Its that time folks. People across the country are starting to get their rankings and draft strategies together and are tuning into camps not only to follow their favorite team, but to follow camp battles at fantasy positions.

As I start to look around at the fantasy landscape, I easily find the biggest fantasy questions at one position, RB. This year more than in the past that I can remember has a ton of effing issues. As the league becomes more passing dominant, I still need to fill 2 starting RBs position on all five of my teams.

First, take a look at the solid RBs coming back from injuries: Fred Jackson, Jamal Charles, AP, Demarco Murry, Matt Forte, Rashard Mendenhall, McFadden, etc. Other RBs with major offseason surgery: Beanie Wells (again) and Mark Ingram. Another facing possible suspension: Marshawn Lynch.

Secondly, the trend continues to RBs to split carries or go to committee (Skins). Michael Turner and Steven Jackson are some guys who will get less touches this year as they get up in age. Still got alot of unproven guys who will get their chance to shine: Trent Richardson, Doug Martin, Isaac Redman...And others still get the full time gig and need to prove they can handle it: Ryan Matthews and Ahmad Bradshaw.

All these issues make the RB more valuable at draft time and getting it right will lead you to a championship. Whats your strategy for the RB position?

Who are your sleepers this year? Mines: Evan Royster, Isaiah Pead, CJ Spiller at RB WR: Kendal Wright, Sidney Rice QB:Matt Ryan

Who are your busts this year? Who your targeting in your draft?
__________________
My pronouns: King/Your ruler

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:02 PM   #2
JGisLordOfTheRings
Playmaker
 
JGisLordOfTheRings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond VA
Age: 38
Posts: 2,583
Re: Fantasy Football 2012 Thread

I'm debating in a keeper league to keep Adrian Peterson or P. Rivers.

Its killing me even though I'll probably wait till camps over to decide.
__________________
The redskins pocket is like my love life.....nonexistent and disappointing. -OnceWeWereKings
JGisLordOfTheRings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:04 PM   #3
JGisLordOfTheRings
Playmaker
 
JGisLordOfTheRings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond VA
Age: 38
Posts: 2,583
Re: Fantasy Football 2012 Thread

I'm definitely targeting Trent Richardson and Donald Brown. I think Brown will do a lot better this year w a decent QB back there and Pagano as head coach. Mike Wallace and the Gronk killed it for me last year but I don't expect to get either of them for the steal I did last year/
__________________
The redskins pocket is like my love life.....nonexistent and disappointing. -OnceWeWereKings
JGisLordOfTheRings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:10 PM   #4
scowan
The Starter
 
scowan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: KY
Age: 55
Posts: 1,559
Re: Fantasy Football 2012 Thread

I'm in a keeper league where we keep two guys and I will be keeping Ryan Mathews and Marshawn Lynch. I drafted them in the middle to late rounds last year and they came on strong at the end. Here is my question to you guys.... I have the 3rd pick and Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Calvin Johnson are non-keepers in my league (you can't keep last years 1st rounds and they were all first rounders) which guy would you pick, knowing my RB situation?
scowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:19 PM   #5
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 34,007
Re: Fantasy Football 2012 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowan View Post
I'm in a keeper league where we keep two guys and I will be keeping Ryan Mathews and Marshawn Lynch. I drafted them in the middle to late rounds last year and they came on strong at the end. Here is my question to you guys.... I have the 3rd pick and Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Calvin Johnson are non-keepers in my league (you can't keep last years 1st rounds and they were all first rounders) which guy would you pick, knowing my RB situation?
You cant go wrong with either of those choices, but Id value WR over the QB position (unless you can start 2 QB in your league). Calvin Johnson would be my selection without thinking twice.

JG, Donald Brown...really? I dont know if he starts day 1 there.
__________________
My pronouns: King/Your ruler

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:42 PM   #6
scowan
The Starter
 
scowan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: KY
Age: 55
Posts: 1,559
Re: Fantasy Football 2012 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
You cant go wrong with either of those choices, but Id value WR over the QB position (unless you can start 2 QB in your league). Calvin Johnson would be my selection without thinking twice.

JG, Donald Brown...really? I dont know if he starts day 1 there.
Chico, actually Calvin Johnson was on my team last year. I was in a ten team league and picked 10th and he was my first round selection. We don't allow keeping 1st rounders from the year before so I had to throw him back in. If he falls to me, which he might, I'll probably be in a situation to have to wait on QBs (we only start 1) as Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Stafford will all be gone. I am really wondering about Peyton Manning and how high or low he might go. He could be a real steal in the middle to low rounds, if I get a quality backup as well.
scowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:08 AM   #7
skinsfan69
Living Legend
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 17,143
Re: Fantasy Football 2012 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowan View Post
I'm in a keeper league where we keep two guys and I will be keeping Ryan Mathews and Marshawn Lynch. I drafted them in the middle to late rounds last year and they came on strong at the end. Here is my question to you guys.... I have the 3rd pick and Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Calvin Johnson are non-keepers in my league (you can't keep last years 1st rounds and they were all first rounders) which guy would you pick, knowing my RB situation?
I'm biased here but you can't go wrong w/ Brady as I've now kept him in my league for 10 years. One thing I like about NE is they play their starters til week 16. Not only that but no matter what the score is, they keep running their offense.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:00 PM   #8
Ruhskins
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 22,221
Re: Fantasy Football 2012 Thread

I'm in a keeper league (we get to keep two players) and I am going to have a bit of a hard time selecting my two keepers, because last season I had:

Drew Brees
Matthew Stafford
LeSean McCoy
Andre Johnson

I am thinking that McCoy is a must keeper...but I really don't know which other player to keep.
__________________
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:12 PM   #9
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 34,007
Re: Fantasy Football 2012 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I'm in a keeper league (we get to keep two players) and I am going to have a bit of a hard time selecting my two keepers, because last season I had:

Drew Brees
Matthew Stafford
LeSean McCoy
Andre Johnson

I am thinking that McCoy is a must keeper...but I really don't know which other player to keep.
McCoy, Brees. Im always skeptical of guys who have breakout years (Stafford)...can they do it again, or is that a peak? Johnson is getting older and injuries have been nagging lately, pass.
__________________
My pronouns: King/Your ruler

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:42 AM   #10
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 34,007
Re: Fantasy Football 2012 Thread

scowan
__________________
My pronouns: King/Your ruler

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:09 AM   #11
scowan
The Starter
 
scowan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: KY
Age: 55
Posts: 1,559
Re: Fantasy Football 2012 Thread

I have a fantasy keeper question for all you Fantasy Football guys. I had Ryan Mathews last year and he can be a 7th round keeper for me this year in a 10 team standard non-ppr format. We start 2 RB, 2WR and 1 flex. Is he worth keeping for a 7th round pick? or is he done this year and too fragile.... discuss. One other option is to keep Ben Tate in the 13 round of a 15 round draft, and then pray Arian Foster, who is on another fantasy, team gets hurt.
scowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:28 AM   #12
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 34,007
Re: Fantasy Football 2012 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowan View Post
I have a fantasy keeper question for all you Fantasy Football guys. I had Ryan Mathews last year and he can be a 7th round keeper for me this year in a 10 team standard non-ppr format. We start 2 RB, 2WR and 1 flex. Is he worth keeping for a 7th round pick? or is he done this year and too fragile.... discuss. One other option is to keep Ben Tate in the 13 round of a 15 round draft, and then pray Arian Foster, who is on another fantasy, team gets hurt.
7th round keeper? hell yeah. he is fragile but the value is for 7th round is too good to pass up imo. take him.
__________________
My pronouns: King/Your ruler

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:29 PM   #13
scowan
The Starter
 
scowan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: KY
Age: 55
Posts: 1,559
Re: Fantasy Football 2012 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
7th round keeper? hell yeah. he is fragile but the value is for 7th round is too good to pass up imo. take him.
Chico, even if he doesn't play the first couple of weeks, I don't see another RB on the Chargers somehow taking away his starting role once he is healthy. Fantasy Football is a marathon not a sprint, so at round 7 he is still a good value I think.

I just wanted a reality check from someone. Now I'm reading that Mathews wasn't even in a sling yesterday at practice, so maybe his "break" was actually a fracture and not as bad as a clean break would make it out. I'm just concerned because I've read that clavicles can take 12 weeks to heal, how do these guys come up with 4-6 weeks?
scowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #14
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NY
Age: 51
Posts: 99,437
Re: Fantasy Football 2012 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowan View Post
Chico, even if he doesn't play the first couple of weeks, I don't see another RB on the Chargers somehow taking away his starting role once he is healthy. Fantasy Football is a marathon not a sprint, so at round 7 he is still a good value I think.

I just wanted a reality check from someone. Now I'm reading that Mathews wasn't even in a sling yesterday at practice, so maybe his "break" was actually a fracture and not as bad as a clean break would make it out. I'm just concerned because I've read that clavicles can take 12 weeks to heal, how do these guys come up with 4-6 weeks?
Ryan Mathews thinks he’ll be ready for the opener | ProFootballTalk
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:03 AM   #15
skinsfan69
Living Legend
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 17,143
Re: Fantasy Football 2012 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowan View Post
Chico, even if he doesn't play the first couple of weeks, I don't see another RB on the Chargers somehow taking away his starting role once he is healthy. Fantasy Football is a marathon not a sprint, so at round 7 he is still a good value I think.

I just wanted a reality check from someone. Now I'm reading that Mathews wasn't even in a sling yesterday at practice, so maybe his "break" was actually a fracture and not as bad as a clean break would make it out. I'm just concerned because I've read that clavicles can take 12 weeks to heal, how do these guys come up with 4-6 weeks?
mathews is soooo damn frustrating. i drafted him as a rookie and traded him cause he's always hurt and tolbert kept taking the goaline carries. now the job's his and he gets hurt again!!!!!!
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Commanders or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.39847 seconds with 10 queries