Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Fantasy Football Forums > Fantasy Football

2011 Fantasy Football Thread

Fantasy Football

Old 07-16-2011, 03:27 PM   #1
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

2011 Fantasy Football Thread

Its that time again and as the labor situation wraps up, FF leagues are starting to schedule their drafts. Its time to starting feeding that addiction and talk some fantasy.

Free agency looms and will undoubtedly change the fantasy landscape, but the Draft has already dumped a fresh crop of talent in the league. Who will you be targeting come your upcoming fantasy draft?

These are my top 5 players coming into the league:

5. Cam Newton - QBs always have a tough year one, if you're in a keeper league and want a guy with a high ceiling and ideal physical talent, Cam is the man. Worth a low round pick to hide on your bench, obviously a strong camp increases his stock.

4. Ryan Williams - The running back spot has that feel of easy transition in the year one. Williams lands in an ideal spot...Beanie Wells has been a major disappointment and Hightower is ideal number 2 who contributes in multiple ways. Williams has a little injury concerns and small frame may deter some, but make no mistake he is explosive. Will Arizona bring in another vet in free agency? Maybe, but Williams is a prime sleeper in rounds 9-10. Watch the camp battle.

3. AJ Green - Im gonna give the Gruden "this guy" phrase when talking about the best receiver coming outta the draft, because he is exciting. RAC, best hands of any receiver in college , great red zone target...Cincy gets a steal at 4 with him. Now, I love Green with Carson and like Green with anybody else. With 2 old receivers departing, Green starts right away. 50 catches is the bottom IMO. Issues at other skill offense positions has me worried, until they're worked out, 7th round pick.

2. Mark Ingram - NO picking him in the first round lets me know a ton of what Sean Payton A)thinks about his RB situation and B)what direction he wants offense to take. Ingram is a producer, he just gets it done stat wise. Please do not pick Reggie Bush nor Pierre Thomas in your drafts. The offense is still high powered and the type of yardage they put up is ridiculous. After camp is over I expect Ingram to have the job barring injury. Is he a RB2 in your starting fantasy lineup? Its early, but im gonna say yes, 5th round pick.

1. Daniel Thomas - Brown is most likely done in Miami and Soprano's offense loves to run the ball a ton. Hello Daniel Thomas I'm late to the bandwagon. Miami's QB situation is a mess, but I expect improvement with a possible vet addition in free agency. Thomas as Ingram, a producer without alot of bells and whistles. Its a toss up with Ingram for the top spot, but Soprano I think has already given the job to Thomas. Legit RB2, late 3rd-4th round pick.

Thoughts/opinions? Who do you like and which rookies will you target in your up coming fantasy draft?

Not making the list but could be viable fantasy rookie contributors: Mikel Leshore, Titus Young, Jake Locker, Julio Jones

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-20-2011, 06:03 PM   #2
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Re: 2011 Fantasy Football Thread

Would a non homer draft Leonard Hankerson?
Old 07-21-2011, 09:32 AM   #3
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Its that time again and as the labor situation wraps up, FF leagues are starting to schedule their drafts. Its time to starting feeding that addiction and talk some fantasy.

Free agency looms and will undoubtedly change the fantasy landscape, but the Draft has already dumped a fresh crop of talent in the league. Who will you be targeting come your upcoming fantasy draft?

5. Cam Newton - QBs always have a tough year one, if you're in a keeper league and want a guy with a high ceiling and ideal physical talent, Cam is the man. Worth a low round pick to hide on your bench, obviously a strong camp increases his stock.

4. Ryan Williams - The running back spot has that feel of easy transition in the year one. Williams lands in an ideal spot...Beanie Wells has been a major disappointment and Hightower is ideal number 2 who contributes in multiple ways. Williams has a little injury concerns and small frame may deter some, but make no mistake he is explosive. Will Arizona bring in another vet in free agency? Maybe, but Williams is a prime sleeper in rounds 9-10. Watch the camp battle.

3. AJ Green - Im gonna give the Gruden "this guy" phrase when talking about the best receiver coming outta the draft, because he is exciting. RAC, best hands of any receiver in college , great red zone target...Cincy gets a steal at 4 with him. Now, I love Green with Carson and like Green with anybody else. With 2 old receivers departing, Green starts right away. 50 catches is the bottom IMO. Issues at other skill offense positions has me worried, until they're worked out, 7th round pick.

2. Mark Ingram - NO picking him in the first round lets me know a ton of what Sean Payton A)thinks about his RB situation and B)what direction he wants offense to take. Ingram is a producer, he just gets it done stat wise. Please do not pick Reggie Bush nor Pierre Thomas in your drafts. The offense is still high powered and the type of yardage they put up is ridiculous. After camp is over I expect Ingram to have the job barring injury. Is he a RB2 in your starting fantasy lineup? Its early, but im gonna say yes, 5th round pick.

1. Daniel Thomas - Brown is most likely done in Miami and Soprano's offense loves to run the ball a ton. Hello Daniel Thomas I'm late to the bandwagon. Miami's QB situation is a mess, but I expect improvement with a possible vet addition in free agency. Thomas as Ingram, a producer without alot of bells and whistles. Its a toss up with Ingram for the top spot, but Soprano I think has already given the job to Thomas. Legit RB2, late 3rd-4th round pick.

Thoughts/opinions? Who do you like and which rookies will you target in your up coming fantasy draft?

Not making the list but could be viable fantasy rookie contributors: Mikel Leshore, Titus Young, Jake Locker, Julio Jones
Bottom line is stay away from rookies. Rarely do they truly ever produce solid fantasy numbers.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:35 AM   #4
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Bottom line is stay away from rookies. Rarely do they truly ever produce solid fantasy numbers.
very true...If i do grab one usually RBs if they can win the job.

He Gets Us
Old 07-25-2011, 01:48 PM   #5
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Mike Wallace is poised for a breakout, imo.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:36 PM   #6
GusFrerotte

I would pick no rooks this season until week 3 and get a feel for them. I got Chris Johnson his rook year, but after like week 5. Some doofus let him go for some reason and I snatched him as I needed a starter. Great move for me. I would never draft a rook in fantasy. Very few pan out, and the ones that do are usually not the big names either. AJ Green might be a good gamble, but Ingram might just be too slow, or just plain suck.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:44 PM   #7
GusFrerotte

Guys check out my FF league thread. I know I set up my league quite early, but I did it to give people a big time window to join. It is free and for fun on NFL.com. The league ID and password are stated on my thread. It is a 16 team league this year.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:47 PM   #8
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
very solid...the guy put up pretty strong numbers last year. I gottem as a second tier rated guy, fairly strong ranking. Can he make the jump to a first tier? Possibly

He Gets Us
Old 08-04-2011, 09:52 PM   #9
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Helu or Hightower..which ever becomes the starter by week 4, will be a huge fantasy option
Old 08-04-2011, 10:13 PM   #10
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

I would pick up Ingram or AJ Green in the later rounds. Maybe Thomas, since he seems to be the no. 1 RB in Miami.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:16 PM   #11
Kindoy
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
i thought he broke out last year, i owned him in a league and he was putting up 15+ points every other game. unless you're meaning pro-bowl level breakout.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:22 AM   #12
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Helu or Hightower..which ever becomes the starter by week 4, will be a huge fantasy option
We got 3 guys in the mix for starter, so when drafting it making it extremely tough to take a guy with confidence anywhere prior 6-7th round. I wouldnt be surprised if Shanny really doesnt name a starter until a day or 2 leading up to week 1. I think he is gonna use alot of rotation which is value to the team but not fantasy wise. Im personally gonna see who slides in the fantasy drafts and look for that sleeper in rounds 10-12.

He Gets Us
Old 08-05-2011, 08:27 AM   #13
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I think Cooley will have a monster year just feelin it.. Besides us I think Darren McFadden will continue fantasy domination.

Look for Ocho to have a huge year also
Old 08-05-2011, 09:29 AM   #14
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I think Cooley will have a monster year just feelin it.. Besides us I think Darren McFadden will continue fantasy domination.

Look for Ocho to have a huge year also
Cooley is always a solid choice, i just dont see him jumping into the top tier cause our passing game is so weak. I think at the highest a 7th best TE fantasy wise. McFadden injuried in camp already, shouldnt be an issue.

Ive moved Ochocinco way up in my rankings, but want to see him in camp a little more.

I find truely hilarious alot of publications/websites have his teammate Tom Brady ranked so low this year (context, low as in 6-8 best rankings), after last year being the 3rd best QB in fantasy. My top 3 QB this year: 1. Aaron Rodgers 2. Phillip Rivers 3. Tom Brady

He Gets Us
Old 08-10-2011, 08:26 AM   #15
Jontrem
Impact Rookie

Quick question guys, I am in a keeper league that plays QB, RB, RB, WR/RB, WR, WR, TE K and then IDP. We do 3 offensive keepers and I am keeping Adrian peterson and L. McCoy, my last keeper is either Peyton Hillis, Vincent Jackson, or Rivers.

Thanks guys
Jontrem is offline   Reply With Quote