Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Board Management > Playbook

Edit Option.

Playbook

Old 08-22-2011, 05:22 PM   #1
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Edit Option.

Did someone put in a time limit on the ability to edit a post and if so can we get it removed?

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-22-2011, 06:28 PM   #2
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Re: Edit Option.

Or maybe extended to a month? I know some forums do it to prevent members from backing off stuff they said but I never thought the Warpath needed a feature like that.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Old 08-22-2011, 06:43 PM   #3
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

You can't edit your past Dirtbag. Just live with it and move on.

Last edited by ArtMonkDrillz; 08-22-2011 at 06:43 PM. Reason: changed my mind
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:55 PM   #4
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
You can't edit your past Dirtbag. Just live with it and move on.
Lol, nice on the reason for edit.

Still it's just that with the game tape threads I make it's best if everything is on the first post and these days I don't have enough time to get around to all of the videos at once. Plus theres a post I wanted to go back in the Super Happy Fun thread to add another video without cluttering the thread with an extra post.

Does this have to do with any of the recent flame wars and trying to stop guys from going back to edit post where they went over the line? Either that or theres a bug with my account or the forum.

- FRPLG
Old 08-22-2011, 07:01 PM   #5
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Did someone put in a time limit on the ability to edit a post and if so can we get it removed?
Not to my knowledge, but you'll need to ask The Ego.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:04 PM   #6
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Lol, nice on the reason for edit.

Still it's just that with the game tape threads I make it's best if everything is on the first post and these days I don't have enough time to get around to all of the videos at once. Plus theres a post I wanted to go back in the Super Happy Fun thread to add another video without cluttering the thread with an extra post.

Does this have to do with any of the recent flame wars and trying to stop guys from going back to edit post where they went over the line? Either that or theres a bug with my account or the forum.
something like that
Old 08-22-2011, 08:45 PM   #7
Player_HTTR
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
something like that
Man its killing me on my spelling/grammar fixes. For some reason my proof-reading skills escalate after I hit Submit. Oh I well I guess I'll just have to sound as dumb as I really am.
Player_HTTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:31 PM   #8
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
something like that
Ego...............I

In all seriousness though I know theres a reason, and maybe I'm alone but especially now that it's gone I feel like we've lost one of the better unsung features on the forum, especially after being on other forums that have an edit time limit. Always made me feel like a little kid having to bother the mods to edit a post.

I hate to say it but from what I can tell the actions of two trolls are ruining the functionality of the forum for the other members.

Still I realize this is your forum, a non profit forum, and I don't have to post here, but it's been so long that this place feels like home.

Anyway I guess what I'm asking, actually begging on my knees, as I type this to please reconsider.

And I say this knowing that in about 10 minutes I won't be able to edit this post.

- FRPLG
Old 08-22-2011, 11:02 PM   #9
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Just speaking for myself: the inability to edit my posts after a minute is going to cause the frequency of 5 consecutive post runs by yours truly to become a reality.

No, I'm not going to quick post four consecutive times for effect below. Yet.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:32 PM   #10
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Unless he re-enabled this feature. I thought a time limit on editing was placed a couple of years ago. In fact, I'm sure it was.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:30 AM   #11
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Unless he re-enabled this feature. I thought a time limit on editing was placed a couple of years ago. In fact, I'm sure it was.
No, it's happened just recently. I don't know if it's 10 minutes or 30 minutes but these days I[m getting locked out of editing post. Before if I really wanted to I could edit post that were a couple of years old (and have as a joke).

- FRPLG
Old 08-23-2011, 12:31 AM   #12
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Maybe it was disabled and then re-enabled. Who knows. :smashfrea . Seriously though, I don't think it was that short. When I made that post where I quoted all the Beck doubters for accuracy in the how far can Beck take us thread I feel like there was at least a few hours between when I made the post and when I edited it, so it can't be like 10 min short. Who knows, maybe I just don't remember it that well.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:45 AM   #13
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Maybe it was disabled and then re-enabled. Who knows. :smashfrea . Seriously though, I don't think it was that short. When I made that post where I quoted all the Beck doubters for accuracy in the how far can Beck take us thread I feel like there was at least a few hours between when I made the post and when I edited it, so it can't be like 10 min short. Who knows, maybe I just don't remember it that well.
It's at least 15 minutes. I'm already locked out of my 12:30 post right above yours.

- FRPLG
Old 08-23-2011, 11:08 PM   #14
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Thank you very much to the ego and the rest of the mods for taking my annoying Crosby like whining into consideration. Now if we could only stop head shots against my account.

- FRPLG
Old 08-24-2011, 12:37 AM   #15
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Ego...............I

In all seriousness though I know theres a reason, and maybe I'm alone but especially now that it's gone I feel like we've lost one of the better unsung features on the forum, especially after being on other forums that have an edit time limit. Always made me feel like a little kid having to bother the mods to edit a post.

I hate to say it but from what I can tell the actions of two trolls are ruining the functionality of the forum for the other members.

Still I realize this is your forum, a non profit forum, and I don't have to post here, but it's been so long that this place feels like home.

Anyway I guess what I'm asking, actually begging on my knees, as I type this to please reconsider.

And I say this knowing that in about 10 minutes I won't be able to edit this post.
I notoriously edit my posts, but only if I miss a tiny thing like a letter in a word here and there. Only once or twice in 5 years on this board have I totally deleted an entire post of mine. As far as total content goes, once you've posted, you've posted. Your feelings at the moment are out there. You had the chance to proofread before hitting "submit reply." Shit happens, I guess. See the drunk thread.