Around the NFL Week 17

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-28-2022, 05:47 PM   #16
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Around the NFL Week 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I'm not saying go after him, even though he'd easily be the best QB we've had since Kurt. I'm just saying that I don't think it's a coincidence he has had a 'down' year with the arrival of McDaniels.
+1

McDaniels hasn't done shit without Brady. He's a twice failed HC retread.

Advertisements
Old 12-28-2022, 08:18 PM   #17
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
I'm not saying go after him, even though he'd easily be the best QB we've had since Kurt. I'm just saying that I don't think it's a coincidence he has had a 'down' year with the arrival of McDaniels.
People here are so desperate for a QB that they are willing to give a draft for
Carr (maybe a 5th rounder and that is being generous). I feel Howell is our future, look at Pickett and Purdy and what they are doing. I feel like Howell was the best QB in this draft, Rivera just needs to give him a
Chance

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 08:26 PM   #18
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

I think it's ok to hope that Sam Howell turns out to be the guy here - eventually, but to think he is the best option at this point is wrong in my opinion. He obviously has all the physical talents/tools, but I don't think he's ready right now. If he was the best option right now for a team with a chance to get into the playoffs if they win their last two games, he would be playing.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 08:39 PM   #19
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
I think it's ok to hope that Sam Howell turns out to be the guy here - eventually, but to think he is the best option at this point is wrong in my opinion. He obviously has all the physical talents/tools, but I don't think he's ready right now. If he was the best option right now for a team with a chance to get into the playoffs if they win their last two games, he would be playing.
Make him the backup, he’s had OTA’s, Camp and 15 games to learn the offense, he’s a smart kid. After Wentz flops or gets hurt, Rivera will need to rely on his backup. He’s taking a chance with Wentz thinking things will be different. why not Howell.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 12-28-2022, 08:50 PM   #20
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Make him the backup, he’s had OTA’s, Camp and 15 games to learn the offense, he’s a smart kid. After Wentz flops or gets hurt, Rivera will need to rely on his backup. He’s taking a chance with Wentz thinking things will be different. why not Howell.
Because he's the third best option right now.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 08:57 PM   #21
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Because he's the third best option right now.
Rivera will find out the hard way, Clowney and Garrett will have a field day

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 12-28-2022, 09:40 PM   #22
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Sorry I don't even trust the coaching staff to be smart enough to identify nor have the balls to validate that last statement.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 09:55 PM   #23
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Carr will no doubt have plenty of suiters. As far as McDaniels goes, I've never understood why this guy has had so many opportunities. Kyle and McVay are so much better. They've proven that they can win w/ average Qb's. Here McDaniels has a proven guy and a playoff team and right when he gets there they go downhill. When he goes to Denver he has Cutler in the prime of his career, runs him off and drafts Tebow in the first round. What a clown this guy is w/ shitty people skills.

How do you explain that kind of incompetence? Yet year after year this guy is always getting chances. He even had the Colts job then turned it down. Just never been a fan of him at all. Living off Tom Brady and Belichick. No doubt Mark Davis has to have buyers remorse.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 01:24 AM   #24
That Guy
Living Legend

I rather not see the team spend 25m+ for a retread QB. Rather take shots in the draft and find a guy who's actually a guy vs trying out QBs for a lot of money that we know are only going to be average at best.

We should see if Howell's any good, and probably look to draft someone (based on value/late if confidence in howell is high, and with high priority if confidence isn't there).

We've all seen guys come out of the draft and do well (or do well in year 2), and if the OL can get fixed, the team will have everything needed to provide a QB the best opportunity to get wins by just not screwing up.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 07:17 AM   #25
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
As part of the discussions that took place over the last few days, both sides concluded that it was best #Raiders QB Derek Carr step away the final two games to avoid the obvious distractions, sources say. He won’t practice and will be listed as “not injury related.”
5:17 PM · Dec 28, 2022
Old 12-29-2022, 08:33 AM   #26
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
This is where I am with Howell. If he was ready I think he would be playing. For as much shit as we fans give the coaches they know way more about football than we do.
Old 12-29-2022, 09:13 AM   #27
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
This is where I am with Howell. If he was ready I think he would be playing. For as much shit as we fans give the coaches they know way more about football than we do.
This is more like ego and stubbornness,trying to prove his point of giving up 2 3rd rounders and $28/mil. He’s going down with the ship and not want to look like an idiot.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 12-29-2022, 09:25 AM   #28
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I want to see how Wentz does with a full arsenal and his ability to sit and learn in the offense

Imo, I dont think we should bring back Heinke next year especially at a cost of anything more than a back up.

From what I heard from beat reporters in camp, Howell resembled a younger Henike. So a back up?

I’m looking in the draft for more QB help and watching giving Wentz another shot to impress

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 09:48 AM   #29
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I want to see how Wentz does with a full arsenal and his ability to sit and learn in the offense

Imo, I dont think we should bring back Heinke next year especially at a cost of anything more than a back up.

From what I heard from beat reporters in camp, Howell resembled a younger Henike. So a back up?

I’m looking in the draft for more QB help and watching giving Wentz another shot to impress
Howell's arm talent is way better than TH... But I agree we need to find a legit QB next yr.
Old 12-29-2022, 10:11 AM   #30
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Vegas has us behind GB for playoff chances.. basically they don’t believe we beat Cleveland

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk