Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

September 1,2019 ...........Trump Tax Increase

Debating with the enemy

Old 09-01-2019, 08:06 AM   #1
Giantone
Gamebreaker

September 1,2019 ...........Trump Tax Increase

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/t...040027636.html

A new tariff of 15% will be added to the cost of more than 40% of all consumer products imported from China on Sept. 1. That amounts to about $109 billion worth of annual imports, according to research firm Panjiva. On Dec.15, the 15% tariff will be assessed on another $155 billion worth of consumer goods from China. At that point, there will be new Trump tariffs on virtually everything imported from China.

Trump has already imposed 25% tariffs on about $250 billion worth of Chinese imports, but those are mostly component products consumers never see. Those tariffs have led to some price increases, with some importers also taking a hit through lower profits. In some cases, Chinese suppliers have lowered their own prices to offset the tariff. Importers have also begun seeking new suppliers outside China, to avoid the tax.

The tariffs hitting today will apply to thousands of products sold at Walmart (WMT), Target (TGT), Best Buy (BBY), Home Depot (HD), Ikea, Amazon (AMZN) and other retailers. Here are some of the main product categories subject to the new tax, according to Panjiva:

Clothing and footwear such as sneakers, sweaters and baby clothes — $39 billion worth of annual imports

Electronics such TVs, monitors, and audio equipment — $24 billion

Machinery such as printers, desktop computers, hand tools, and air-conditioner parts — $15 billion

Plastic products such as tableware, buckets, and school supplies — $5 billion

Leisure products such as NordicTrack fitness machines — $5 billion

Furniture such as bedding — $1 billion

Advertisements
Old 09-01-2019, 08:50 AM   #2
mredskins
MVP

Re: September 1,2019 ...........Trump Tax Increase

And...
Old 09-01-2019, 01:58 PM   #3
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

G1 I don't know about you but I'm happy to spend more out of my own pocket if it means the Trump agenda gets accomplished. Especially with the holidays coming up, I mean one of the main themes about the holiday season is giving unto others.

Let's not ask what our gov't can do for us, it should be what can we do for our gov't?
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 07:47 PM   #4
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Everyone should make 15+ dollars an hour.

But we should let China continue to screw us in trade and flood us with cheap goods made from damn near slave labor, and also have open borders flood us with more cheap laborers to benefit big business here, but prices should never go up on anything.

If we want fair trade and decent wages, we will have to pay more for common goods. I'm 100% willing to do that.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 08:32 PM   #5
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Everyone should make 15+ dollars an hour.

But we should let China continue to screw us in trade and flood us with cheap goods made from damn near slave labor, and also have open borders flood us with more cheap laborers to benefit big business here, but prices should never go up on anything.

If we want fair trade and decent wages, we will have to pay more for common goods. I'm 100% willing to do that.
LOL, and that's 100%BS. Trump is wrecking the economy as any farmer.

Trump is taking back that great tax cut you got.
Old 09-01-2019, 08:33 PM   #6
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
G1 I don't know about you but I'm happy to spend more out of my own pocket if it means the Trump agenda gets accomplished. Especially with the holidays coming up, I mean one of the main themes about the holiday season is giving unto others.

Let's not ask what our gov't can do for us, it should be what can we do for our gov't?
Bingo and I say to hell with all the farmers !!!!
Old 09-01-2019, 08:35 PM   #7
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

We can dump trump.
Old 09-01-2019, 10:11 PM   #8
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
LOL, and that's 100%BS. Trump is wrecking the economy as any farmer.

Trump is taking back that great tax cut you got.
Nothing in your original post had anything to do with farming. You have no solutions. You are just an anti trump whiner. Way to move the goal posts.
Old 09-03-2019, 08:52 AM   #9
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Nothing in your original post had anything to do with farming. You have no solutions. You are just an anti trump whiner. Way to move the goal posts.
Trump tariffs have nothing to do with farmers???
Old 09-03-2019, 11:56 AM   #10
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Trump tariffs have nothing to do with farmers???
I was replying to what was in your direct post. You didn't mention farming. A lot of things have impact on farming.

Something has to be done with China. They have slave labor their, which is terrible human rights for their own people, and they drive down the wages of people in every country they trade with.

I don't know what the perfect answers are, but doing nothing isn't it either.
Old 09-03-2019, 08:00 PM   #11
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I was replying to what was in your direct post. You didn't mention farming. A lot of things have impact on farming.

Something has to be done with China. They have slave labor their, which is terrible human rights for their own people, and they drive down the wages of people in every country they trade with.

I don't know what the perfect answers are, but doing nothing isn't it either.
Killing off the American economy isn't the answer either,especially from a president who doesn't know what it's like to have a job and has never held a job or worked for a paycheck.
Old 09-03-2019, 10:34 PM   #12
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Killing off the American economy isn't the answer either,especially from a president who doesn't know what it's like to have a job and has never held a job or worked for a paycheck.
Democrats and both republicans are responsible for what led up to anything Trump is doing. And both sides have done jack squat to fix it. Both sides just sat on their hands and waitied for the other side to move 1st so they could use it as a weapon. Fuck both sides on this one. I don't know enough about tariffs to know all the effects but at least Trump was willing to do something. Hopefully China and US can come to a reasonable agreement so the tariffs can be reduced or removed. Won't hold my breath tho.
Old 09-04-2019, 08:11 PM   #13
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Democrats and both republicans are responsible for what led up to anything Trump is doing. And both sides have done jack squat to fix it. Both sides just sat on their hands and waitied for the other side to move 1st so they could use it as a weapon. Fuck both sides on this one. I don't know enough about tariffs to know all the effects but at least Trump was willing to do something. Hopefully China and US can come to a reasonable agreement so the tariffs can be reduced or removed. Won't hold my breath tho.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/03/u...trade-war.html

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/06/trum...n-in-june.html

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1UX2H7