Coronavirus (non political)

Parking Lot

Old 03-30-2020, 02:06 PM   #346
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: Coronavirus (non political)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
I'll hook you up with a zpack from TJ if you come down with anything!
I only take paper towels as payment.
The ole barter system. I like it. I actually have plenty of paper towels. We can make something happen.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-30-2020, 02:07 PM   #347
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Not good, I worked at a place in OC that had quite a few Vietnamese guys. Most came from pretty large households, whether lots of roommates or having 3 generations under one roof. I would think people who habitually have less personal space than most need to be extra careful.
Good point!
Expensive area so you do see a lot of people under one roof.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 04:01 PM   #348
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Went to the Post Office today to drop off my large flat rate box of TP I am sending to my girlfriend who lives near DC. They had clear plastic hanging down from the ceiling to about a foot short of the counter. The lady called it a sneeze protector. I told her what was in the box she said that isn't unusual and a guy a little while ago spent $42 to send TP to relatives in California. I ship for business quite a bit, I think that was the first time the cost of shipping was more than the contents. On the other hand 4 quadruple rolls and 2 double rolls might be worth more than $21 on the black market.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 07:17 PM   #349
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2RFK View Post
Just go real early or real late. Went to the grocery store Sunday morning and it was pretty empty. Drove by it around 10 and again around 1 and both times it looked packed.
They were all pretty decent until this stay at home thing came out , now people are panicking all over again! Food Lion and Giant in Charles County both had TP and most of the all the other stuff.
Old 03-31-2020, 07:49 AM   #350
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
They were all pretty decent until this stay at home thing came out , now people are panicking all over again! Food Lion and Giant in Charles County both had TP and most of the all the other stuff.
The only thing that had been impossible for me to find was clorox wipes. But last night I went to the local Food Lion, and the shelves were more barren than the Gobi Dessert. The roads were empty to. Soooo eerie.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 10:50 AM   #351
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Anyone in the Tidewater area I can get toilet paper in a box of 96 rolls. I think its $70 for the box of Hotel grade.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 10:53 AM   #352
MTK
\m/

So one benefit of all this is I can get beer delivered, that’s a change that needs to stay in place once this is over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-31-2020, 11:55 AM   #353
jamf
Pro Bowl

Tomorrow is the start of a new month and new quarter. Companies are going to start rolling new policies including reduced pay and layoffs. It's going to be a difficult day.

Hope everything works out for everyone!
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 04:08 PM   #354
SunnySide
Playmaker

Hope everyone is still not infected. The numbers are staggering. I’d usually include some links for where the info/numbers are coming from but am on my phone

4,658 deaths reported in the US currently. We had over 1k in the last 24 hours. I imagine we will have 2k per day tomorrow, then 3k the next day, 4K per after that?

The surge is here. It’s scary as crap.

Forecasting that approximately 250k Americans will die as a best case scenario.

We are about to lose 1% of our population.

Will it linger? Will it live in the Southern Hemisphere then come back seasonally?

10% of people “cured” are getting it again.

I feel like the grim reaper is right outside my door and it’s just a matter of time for it to come into my home.

I’m scared. I’m afraid I’m going to lose my parents who are over 70. Will I lose my older brother who has horrible smoking related health? Will I die? My daughter? My nieces or nephews?

The numbers say yes.
Old 04-01-2020, 04:10 PM   #355
SunnySide
Playmaker

Staying home I am now aware of just how many people let their dog go pee on my yard. Holy shit. I have a end unit townhouse with a nice yard, garden etc ... if that dog goes in my yard again I’m letting my dog out.
Old 04-01-2020, 04:22 PM   #356
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
So one benefit of all this is I can get beer delivered, that’s a change that needs to stay in place once this is over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL, .........growing up in NJ that was one of the best part time jobs I had . I worked in a Liquor store and deliver booze. Tips were pretty good.
Old 04-02-2020, 11:01 AM   #357
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Staying in the non political side here ...............

Good Job Mr Kraft.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ks-from-china/

In these trying times, the New England Patriots are living up to their nickname.

As first reported by Andrew Beaton of the Wall Street Journal, the Patriots sent one of their planes to Chine to retrieve 1.2 million N95 masks from China for use by American health-care workers.

Per the report, the operations required patience and precision. Once the Patriots obtained permission to land in China, the plane was permitted to be on the ground there for at most three hours. With three minutes to spare, the masks were loaded into the Boeing 767 painted in teams colors and adorned with the message “6X Champions.”

The plane initially went to Alaska where it awaited final approval to retrieve the masks from China. The plane is due to land in Boston on Thursday afternoon.
Old 04-04-2020, 08:20 AM   #358
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Now that the data is reliable and testing has become widespread, the asymptomatic transmission feature has become the focal point and what makes this so dangerous.

In the county I live, the cluster area where half the cases have spread is a retirement-like center. They have tested every resident, approximately 33 tested negative, 35 are positive with mild to severe symptoms and 54 positive but asymptomatic. These are the most vulnerable people to the disease, the elderly. It’s killed probably 10-15 of the residents.

I guess my biggest question is of the 54 asymptomatic, how many will remain that way and how many will eventually show will get sick, meaning that the test caught them at the presymptomatic phase? The numbers of that split, how does it compare to other age groups? That people who stay asymptomatic throughout the run of the disease, how long does it stay in them versus how long are they transmissible carriers? And probably the most important, what are the quality of a person who’s body who stays asymptomatic, never to develop the sickness...why are they immune, is it just there body’s immune system is stronger, what makes it stronger?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 09:20 AM   #359
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

What I want to know is why haven't all the measures taken against the virus slowed it down?
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 09:31 AM   #360
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
What I want to know is why haven't all the measures taken against the virus slowed it down?
I think it has but eventually it will be everywhere like the flu ,somehow ,someway we are all going to have to live with this . Like the early Polio virus .