Let's talk good beer

Parking Lot

Old 10-13-2021, 09:11 PM   #1471
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: Let's talk good beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Punch -- thats good living right there. Porch sitting on a quiet neighborhood street on a Friday night drinking Heady and partaking. I read an article form the Alchemist guy and its unusual he says drink of out a can. I like pouring into my various glasses.

Expedition Stout - should be in MD any day now, I hope. Last year they did a BA batch as well. Every year I try and "cellar" expedition and it never makes its past winter.

Yeah I listen to the man. No glass. I do prefer a glass but i follow the rules! Lol
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-13-2021, 09:14 PM   #1472
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
KBS cinnamon vanilla cocoa .. do not get.

When I saw it I couldnt understand why cinnamon or vanilla would be a good idea but I trusted Founders to not make such a shitty decision on one of their flagship beers.

It is horrible. After the first sip I almost poured it out. I can still taste it the next day.

Im going to hide the remaining 3 bottles in my basement somewhere in case there is a zombie apocalypse and I completely run out of all other beers .. and then maybe. But probably not.

I bought a milk stout- forget what. Was about a year ago. Had one sip. Poured it down the drain. The other three were in the fridge for a few weeks and went in the recycle can. Felt bad giving it to someone. It was atrocious. Tasted like throw uo in a can. Live and learn. I wish i could remember the name to warn you all.
Old 10-14-2021, 04:46 AM   #1473
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinMike View Post
Heady looks like shit in a glass. Lots of floaties and chunks. Definately a unicorn and is one of the OG hazy ipas.
Seriously if your Beer /Ale has "floaties and chunks" it's at the point of skunk beer and all beer gets that way when it gets old and goes out of date . Try some fresh stuff.
Old 10-14-2021, 08:18 AM   #1474
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Seriously if your Beer /Ale has "floaties and chunks" it's at the point of skunk beer and all beer gets that way when it gets old and goes out of date . Try some fresh stuff.
heady is unfiltered so that's going to happen, doesn't have anything to do with it going bad
Old 10-14-2021, 08:40 AM   #1475
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
heady is unfiltered so that's going to happen, doesn't have anything to do with it going bad
Really ? I'll admit to never having tried it .I 've had none filtered beers before but never had "chunks" in a beer. The floaties I've seen are usually yeast after the beer has turned from age or light .
Old 10-14-2021, 08:42 AM   #1476
MTK
\m/

There's always a bit of sediment at the bottom of an unfiltered beer. Switchback is a good example.
Old 10-15-2021, 12:02 PM   #1477
SunnySide
Playmaker

Found an amazing NE pale ale ... Cushwa Fog at Daybreak. Im sure it will be a one batch thing like every beer Cushwa/Aslin/OH etc make.

I want to be able to buy this every weekend. These one batch brewing approach kills me. I drop $20 all the time on beers ive never tried and some are good some are just okay .. finally find a gem but know it wont be around again.

Reminded me of Sip o Sunshine, not as good but it reminded me of it with its touch of lemon

So good.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 05:11 PM   #1478
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Found an amazing NE pale ale ... Cushwa Fog at Daybreak. Im sure it will be a one batch thing like every beer Cushwa/Aslin/OH etc make.

I want to be able to buy this every weekend. These one batch brewing approach kills me. I drop $20 all the time on beers ive never tried and some are good some are just okay .. finally find a gem but know it wont be around again.

Reminded me of Sip o Sunshine, not as good but it reminded me of it with its touch of lemon

So good.

Sip of Sunshine is solid. Very solid.
Old 10-16-2021, 02:47 PM   #1479
kct1975
The Starter

So this might have already been mentioned...but I just wanted to give a quick 'shout-out' to Port City Brewing. https://www.portcitybrewing.com/

I am currently living in Alexandria VA, a few months ago I decided to give it a try. The type I see in the stores most frequently is the Monumental IPA, so that is the one I initially purchased. Even though I am not that big on IPAs, I did enjoy it.

I just recently found out that Port City brews several different types of beers. When I saw the Helles German Lager this summer, I bought it and I really liked it!

This October I had the Port City Brewing Oktoberfest Lager at a local restaurant (I think it might have been a local Glory Days) and I really enjoyed it too!

Personally I am planning on considering a visit to the Port City Brewing headquarters.

3950 Wheeler Ave.
Alexandria, Virginia 22304

As for another local brewery that I like is Cabbose Brewery that is headquartered in Merrifield VA near Tysons VA.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2021, 03:27 PM   #1480
SunnySide
Playmaker

Bought a couple more 4 packs of that Fog at Daybreak ... not as good. Probably bc the first time I wasnt expecting much and it beat expectations. Second time I had high expectations and it didnt meet it. I know understand the 85 rating on BA

Port City - they won a Big national beer award for one of their flagship beers a few years ago. Havent seen much of them in Howard County.
Old 10-28-2021, 12:20 PM   #1481
SunnySide
Playmaker

Stout season (if there even is one nowadays) has been disappointing so far. Keep buying and trying new stouts and imperial brown ales etc and everything has been disappointing so far.
Old 10-28-2021, 09:14 PM   #1482
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Stout season (if there even is one nowadays) has been disappointing so far. Keep buying and trying new stouts and imperial brown ales etc and everything has been disappointing so far.

Not there yet. Its gotta be consistently cold. I used to drink stout all year, but can’t do it anymore
Old 10-28-2021, 09:43 PM   #1483
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Not there yet. Its gotta be consistently cold. I used to drink stout all year, but can’t do it anymore
Stouts have never been my thing. Amber beers were about as "dark" as I've ever gone and that was like 15 years ago.

Basically only drink pale ales and IPAs nowadays. Not including the occasional Coors Light/Miller Lite's.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 01:52 PM   #1484
MTK
\m/

Picked up some Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale, two things this year it appears to be in cans only, and it's now called Celebration Fresh Hop IPA. Regardless of the changes this year's batch is super delicious.
Old 11-16-2021, 02:39 PM   #1485
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Picked up some Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale, two things this year it appears to be in cans only, and it's now called Celebration Fresh Hop IPA. Regardless of the changes this year's batch is super delicious.
WHAT!!!!

I have saved a bottle from nearly every Christmas. dammit.