Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Amos Zereoue???

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-14-2004, 09:46 AM   #16
johnnyredskin63
Special Teams

Lightbulb

i do'nt think any of the current guys on the redskins roster are good enough to replace portis for a game.AZ is though.i would cut betts,canidate, and mike sellers and keep rock,sultan,johnson and sign big amos.i also think that gibbs watched game tape and saw that none of the skins backs are durable enough to take 30 carries a game and that is why he went and got portis.you
can't blame those players though.TOBC drafted them to be receivers out of the backfield,not to have 20+ carries a game.i would sign famous amos in a
second if the price was right.
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS
always remember ladies and germs-THE COWBOYS SUCK
johnnyredskin63 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-14-2004, 12:10 PM   #17
azskinsfan2
Special Teams

If they wanted a big back they could have gotten Staley. They didn't so I don't think they'll go for zero either. I'll think they'll stick with what we've got and work to improve them. Betts should be back at full strength will a healed arm and Morton did pretty good when he got the chances.
Old 03-14-2004, 05:44 PM   #18
johnnyredskin63
Special Teams

betts will probably miss the whole season with an infected nasal hair or something.
keep cartwright,johnson,and sultan.cut the rest and sign AZ cheap.
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS
Old 03-14-2004, 07:42 PM   #19
offiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon
I have a theory about the trade for Clinton Portis.

I believe that the new Skins' coaching staff looked at the game films from last year and made the determination that there was not a RB on the team that was going to be a feature back at the NFL level in the forseeable future. I know that will offend the "Rock Cartwright Fan Club" here and the "Ladell Betts for Hall of Fame Induction Movement" here, but I'm afraid it might be the case.

So the Skins went out and found a way to bring in a RB who will relegate these guys to spot duty - which means they will be on the field only sporadically and therefore not able to screw things up. (It is difficult to screw up whan you are watching from the sidelines.)

Now the question is: Does the new coaching staff believe that any of the backs from last year is good enough to be the guy in case Portis has to miss a game or two? If they sign Zereoue, I think they are telling you - diplomatically and not harshly - that the RBs on this team last year were mediocre performers AND mediocre talents.

Zereoue should be available for a very reasonable price. It will be interesting to see if the Skins show any interest... :confused:
OK SC, that's funny bett's for hall of fame movement you talkin to me?

But as far as Zereoue is concerned no way, the steeler's dumped him and who do they have? An old bus with worn out tread's, Zereoue would be just a big waste of time, besides IMO the back's we have behind portis are better or as good as anything Zereoue will give us.
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 08:57 PM   #20
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

what about a rock/johnson backfield when we need a bruiser back, and since Betts will be hurt I would like to see Johnson get a few carries.

On another note, I'd like to get Betts enough carries this year so we can get something for him in a trade.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 02:08 AM   #21
saden1
MVP

Unknown Fact: Amos Zereoue is the strongest guy in the NFL. On a good day they say he can squat 720 LBs.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 04:37 AM   #22
johnnyredskin63
Special Teams

i think canidate would be a perfect fit in new england.send him there for a pick and
send betts to somebody anybody.
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS
Old 03-15-2004, 05:56 PM   #23
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

It seems like any RB is a perfect fit for NE =p
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 06:00 PM   #24
johnnyredskin63
Special Teams

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1
Unknown Fact: Amos Zereoue is the strongest guy in the NFL. On a good day they say he can squat 720 LBs.
how much can he squat on a bad day?
that was too good to pass up my friend.
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS
Old 03-15-2004, 06:02 PM   #25
silent1903
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
I'd like to see some continuation from last year ... we don't need to bring in every free agent available just for the sake of change. I say pass on Zeroue and develop the talent we have in Rock, Betts and Sultan. Zeroue's nothing special and wouldn't be a significant upgrade, in my opinion.
Totally agree....amongst all the upheaval of the roster we already have, it would be nice to see a couple of players retained!
silent1903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 12:01 AM   #26
sportscurmudgeon
Playmaker

1. For the record, I think Zereoue is a decent RB but nothing special. I would not sign him for any significant money.

2. I don't want to think about what kind of pick you might get from NE for Canidate. Maybe they'll give up their 11th round pick - - in a draft that lasts only seven rounds. :thumb:

3. I'm not so sure that "continuity" is all that important when you are coming off a 5-11 season even if you keep the same coaching staff. But when you come off 5-11 and bring in an entierely new staff, you need to take that opportunity to clean house because for whatever the reasons, the players on the team for the last two years did ... not ... get ... the ... job ... done!
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote