Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins Select Jarmon in 3rd Round of Supplemental Draft

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Jeremy Jarmon... good move or bad move?
Good move 155 95.09%
Bad move 8 4.91%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-16-2009, 01:55 PM   #1
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Redskins Select Jarmon in 3rd Round of Supplemental Draft

I'm fine with the pick, although I wish we could have gotten him in the 4th round or lower.

ProFootballWeekly.com - Redskins select Jarmon in Supplemental draft
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-16-2009, 01:57 PM   #2
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Re: Redskins Select Jarmon in 3rd Round of Supplemental Draft

You just beat me to it.. I was thinking the same thing. 4th round would have been ideal, I'm fine with the 3rd round though. RI was suggesting maybe we'd go as soon as the 2nd round but that would have been crazy.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:00 PM   #3
over the mountain
Playmaker

well damn . . dont know how i feel about this. i read up on him the past few weeks but didnt expect anyone to offer a 3rd rounder. i was hoping a 5th rounder would do it like how the ravens got terps tackle gaither (sp?) for a conditional 6th who is now their starter.

now that i think about it and how i think carter is one dimensional and shouldnt be around after a few seasons i like it . .

go skins!
Old 07-16-2009, 02:04 PM   #4
T.O.Killa
The Starter

Holly Crapp!!! Wow I would hate to be Buzbee, Daniels, Wynn, Wilson, and Alexander.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:08 PM   #5
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

I wonder if this seals Orakpo as just a SLB in the long run.

Please, please, please, let's use every other 2010 pick on the offensive line. At least the #1 and #2.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:09 PM   #6
53Fan
Franchise Player

Seems a bit high to me. Maybe Vinny's comfortable knowing we have a 1 and 2 next year. I just hope we're not bitchin' about it come draft day next year.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:13 PM   #7
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
Seems a bit high to me. Maybe Vinny's comfortable knowing we have a 1 and 2 next year. I just hope we're not bitchin' about it come draft day next year.
Well, we'd be doing that either way I suppose.

I really don't know what to think, but seems high to me too. After this off-season, if our D takes even a small step back, I will be pretty disappointed.

I also don't expect him to do much this year, but if he is groomed to replace Daniels with Orakpo taking Carters spot next year, we may have done a sweet deal for the next 5-7 years.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:16 PM   #8
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post

I really don't know what to think, but seems high to me too. After this off-season, if our D takes even a small step back, I will be pretty disappointed.

I also don't expect him to do much this year, but if he is groomed to replace Daniels with Orakpo taking Carters spot next year, we may have done a sweet deal for the next 5-7 years.
That would be great! Let's hope so.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:23 PM   #9
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Probably would have preferred a 4th round pick too. But this could set up really well for the future at left defensive end. I don't think Wynn or Daniels (or both) was going to be playing beyond this season.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:25 PM   #10
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

A few thoughts:

1) Orakpo is our starting SLB for the forseeable future. He'll line up at DE no more than 20% of the time.
2) Renaldo Wynn and Alex Buzbee will be unemployed within 2 months.
3) I'm not terribly concerned about losing the 3rd rounder next year. I think Jarmon qualifies as 3rd round talent that we got for a 3rd rounder a year early. If we had wanted to select him in the 3rd round in THIS years draft (had he been eligible), we would have had to trade next years 2nd. Instead, we're geting him for a 3rd rounder a year earlier than we would have otherwise.
4) Why did Cerrato openly pimp this guy to the media last week? I'll tell you why - he wanted fans to get pumped up for this guy, so we would be less angry when we announced we were giving up a 3rd rounder for him.
5) We only have 5 draft picks next year. Most of our division rivals have twice that.
6) If we have a bad season, Zorn, Campbell, and Cerrato will all be gone next year.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:25 PM   #11
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post

That was my thought as well.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Old 07-16-2009, 02:26 PM   #12
ChickenMonkey
Special Teams

Yehh a little high of a pick in my opinion, but he should be a solid player in his 2nd season. Atleast we wont be drafting defensive line for the next few yrs.....
ChickenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:30 PM   #13
WaldSkins
Playmaker

If he was a Center i would be thrilled!
Old 07-16-2009, 02:35 PM   #14
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
A few thoughts:

1) Orakpo is our starting SLB for the forseeable future. He'll line up at DE no more than 20% of the time. So you think Vinny, Zorn and Blache are all lying about him playing DE in passing situations?
3) I'm not terribly concerned about losing the 3rd rounder next year. I think Jarmon qualifies as 3rd round talent that we got for a 3rd rounder a year early. If we had wanted to select him in the 3rd round in THIS years draft (had he been eligible), we would have had to trade next years 2nd. Instead, we're geting him for a 3rd rounder a year earlier than we would have otherwise.
4) Why did Cerrato openly pimp this guy to the media last week? I'll tell you why - he wanted fans to get pumped up for this guy, so we would be less angry when we announced we were giving up a 3rd rounder for him. Conspiracy much?
5) We only have 5 draft picks next year. Most of our division rivals have twice that. Only Philly has additional picks, 2 extra. If we don't make any trades we will net 6 players from the 2010 draft but will have an extra years experience out of one of them.
6) If we have a bad season, Zorn, Campbell, and Cerrato will all be gone next year.Nobody is going to dispute that
I don't see how this can be viewed as a bad move. We're going to have another player this season and while we're not using this pick in April we're still going to have our 2010 3rd round pick on the roster.

Old 07-16-2009, 02:38 PM   #15
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
A few thoughts:

1) Orakpo is our starting SLB for the forseeable future. He'll line up at DE no more than 20% of the time.
4) Why did Cerrato openly pimp this guy to the media last week? I'll tell you why - he wanted fans to get pumped up for this guy, so we would be less angry when we announced we were giving up a 3rd rounder for him.
5) We only have 5 draft picks next year. Most of our division rivals have twice that.
6) If we have a bad season, Zorn, Campbell, and Cerrato will all be gone next year.
IMO your logic is sound. I would want to give Z another year if we improved even modestly. A lot of talk has been going around about Z and Soup's future being intermingled. I think, as you suggest, that Z, Soup, and Cousin Vinny's future all depends on the team doing well this year. This pick will not impress me until I see him on gameday, Orakpo too. I'm just waiting for the receivers to step up.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote