Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Zorn Needs His Own QB!

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-27-2009, 07:27 AM   #1
Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor
Special Teams

Zorn Needs His Own QB!

I have noticed that when new coaches get hired for their head coaching position they tend to either draft their quarterback or trade for one or sign one in free agency. Think about last year when Atlanta drafted Ryan, Baltimore drafted Flacco and Miami signed Chad Pennington but also drafted Chad Henne in the second round for the future. I don't like the fact that the organization is trying to force Campbell on Zorn or anyone else as far as that matters. I know that we did tried to trade for Cutler and draft for Sanchez. I mean we all know by now Campbell is a bad fit for the west coast offense but a good fit for the Gibbs offense. For Zorn to be successful he is going to have to get a qb that actually fits the west coast offense. If we have a losing season I'm afraid we will have another coaching shakeup of which I'm not for. If that comes then we will have another qb as well. I do believe that Brennan is a better fit as well as Daniel but neither are seasoned enough yet to take the reins but if we keep Zorn next year I would love for either of them to take the next step instead of using a high pick on one (preferably Jevan Snead). What do you guys think of Zorn finding his own qb to run his offense effectively? Just think if we had Hasselbeck running this offense or even Seneca Wallace. Both would put us in a better position to move the ball more efficiently down the field to counteract our tremendous defense.
Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-27-2009, 07:52 AM   #2
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Re: Zorn Needs His Own QB!

You are entitled to your opinion, but we all beleive JZ is a man that speaks his mind and if so then i think he would of came out and said so or at least hinted that JC is not the man. I'll give JC this year, and i'm a big supporter of him if not goodbye. Some people fall in love with Preseasn players i have that same tendancy at times. He ran a similar WC offense in Auburn.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:57 AM   #3
SC Skins Fan
The Starter

New thread, (very) old subject.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:10 AM   #4
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

No offense to you but can we shut up with the JC threads for a while. No one was complaining when we were 6-2 last season. The new season hasn't started so until it does, shut up about Campbell. (Again not trying to be mean just enough is enough)

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:15 AM   #5
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

i believe in Campbell but when we switched to the WEST Coast Offense we should have rebuilt and got maximum value for Campbell, moss, and Portis.
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:05 AM   #6
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethiesmanfan View Post
i believe in Campbell but when we switched to the WEST Coast Offense we should have rebuilt and got maximum value for Campbell, moss, and Portis.
Very good point. Honestly, then only QB discussion that should be happening should be about the battle for the 3rd QB right now.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:18 AM   #7
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
You do not rebuild a playoff team. We were in the playoffs 2 of the prior 3 seasons. You don't tear that team apart, you search for the missing piece(s).

We may have accomplished those final steps this offseason, on both sides of the ball.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:24 AM   #8
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
But Portis had success in a WCO in Denver, Moss with the Jets, Campbell with Auburn
Old 08-27-2009, 10:25 AM   #9
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor View Post
I have noticed that when new coaches get hired for their head coaching position they tend to either draft their quarterback or trade for one or sign one in free agency. Think about last year when Atlanta drafted Ryan, Baltimore drafted Flacco and Miami signed Chad Pennington but also drafted Chad Henne in the second round for the future. I don't like the fact that the organization is trying to force Campbell on Zorn or anyone else as far as that matters. I know that we did tried to trade for Cutler and draft for Sanchez. I mean we all know by now Campbell is a bad fit for the west coast offense but a good fit for the Gibbs offense. For Zorn to be successful he is going to have to get a qb that actually fits the west coast offense. If we have a losing season I'm afraid we will have another coaching shakeup of which I'm not for. If that comes then we will have another qb as well. I do believe that Brennan is a better fit as well as Daniel but neither are seasoned enough yet to take the reins but if we keep Zorn next year I would love for either of them to take the next step instead of using a high pick on one (preferably Jevan Snead). What do you guys think of Zorn finding his own qb to run his offense effectively? Just think if we had Hasselbeck running this offense or even Seneca Wallace. Both would put us in a better position to move the ball more efficiently down the field to counteract our tremendous defense.
You seem to be all over the place here. I can't really follow what your point is
Old 08-27-2009, 10:37 AM   #10
hail_2_da_skins
Impact Rookie

The Skins haven't even played one regular season game yet and you are not even giving Campbell a chance. Your statement, "I mean we all know by now Campbell is a bad fit for the west coast offense but a good fit for the Gibbs offense", is not what EVERYONE thinks. No one knows how good Campbell can be in this offense.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:49 PM   #11
over the mountain
Playmaker

the OP brings up a good (belated thoo) point i know i brought up when zorn was named our HC. when new HCs come in they normally get a chance to select their own qb then be judged. Spurrier got his choice(s), gibbs got to bring in 2 of his choices.

it is unfair for zorn to be hamstrung to a qb he didnt draft/pick in JC and his vision of what he sees in his nfl offense has to be somewhat compromised.

welcome to your washington redskins!

go skins!!
go skins!!
Old 08-27-2009, 01:10 PM   #12
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Please remember when they first hired him he was our OFF Coordinator & they brought him in to work with JC based on the work he had done with Hasselback so they didn't stick him with a QB he was brought in based on the work he had done with another QB. Please relax JC is the man.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:57 PM   #13
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCskinfan82 View Post
Please remember when they first hired him he was our OFF Coordinator & they brought him in to work with JC based on the work he had done with Hasselback so they didn't stick him with a QB he was brought in based on the work he had done with another QB. Please relax JC is the man.
Exactly. That's one of the main reasons he was brought in, to mold JC, not to draft and develop a rookie QB. If it doesn't work with JC, then Shanahan will have the choice to draft a QB, sign/trade for a veteran or go with Daniel.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:59 PM   #14
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Any suggestions?
Old 08-27-2009, 03:02 PM   #15
Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor
Special Teams

I would prefer to stick with Colt Brennan since he would have had 3 years in the system, the confidence and the accuracy needed to run this offense. That is if Zorn is still here by that time. If Zorn is fired then I believe our next head coach will be a west coast offense coach since we already have the personnel for it. If we draft a quarterback I hopes it Snead from Ole Miss. He is gonna be awesome.
Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote