Other Sports

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 08:46 PM   #31
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Re: Washington Capitals 2010-2011 ongoing thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneBoost View Post
LOL I just realized what Bruce hits in this video, don't know why I didn't see it the first time:

Dude, even I noticed it. Ha ha, still he's got some weird sort of charm when it comes to these commercials. Kind of reminds me of Rodney Dangerfield.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG

Advertisements
Old 10-14-2010, 10:30 PM   #32
saden1
MVP

I don't know how anyone could get excited about the Capa knowing they will choke in the playoffs.

-Jenkins
Old 10-14-2010, 10:34 PM   #33
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I don't know that they will choke, but I'm definitely of the mentality that they're past the point where regular season really even matters. Thought the same last year in fact
Old 10-14-2010, 11:03 PM   #34
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneBoost View Post
So Debbie Downer didn't know Yzerman won 3 cups LOL?

Anyways, Capitals undefeated at home, Penguins winless at home, LOL, such a great way to start the season off, a lot of hockey to still be played so it doesn't really matter, BUT!......the last three times the Penguins started off 0-3 they missed the playoffs each time.

UH OH!!!!
Drafted in 1983. Won his first Cup in 1997. Ovechkin could win it much sooner than that, but he needs some support. The team has a bad habit of free-riding off of his talent and skills to win by 1 goal.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:06 PM   #35
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I don't know that they will choke, but I'm definitely of the mentality that they're past the point where regular season really even matters. Thought the same last year in fact
Yeah they need to spend this season figuring out how to win the playoffs. However that is. I think most fans couldn't care less about the reg season now. I do think hockey has become way to goalie dependent. Especially in the playoffs. Get a hot goalie and you can win the cup with an average team. They need to make playing goal a little more difficult.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:07 PM   #36
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Yeah they need to spend this season figuring out how to win the playoffs. However that is. I think most fans couldn't care less about the reg season now. I do think hockey has become way to goalie dependent. Especially in the playoffs. Get a hot goalie and you can win the cup with an average team. They need to make playing goal a little more difficult.
Hmm, Hal Gill and Josh Georges also pitched in against the C[r]aps. (Test driving fan apostasy)

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:18 PM   #37
InsaneBoost
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I don't know how anyone could get excited about the Capa knowing they will choke in the playoffs.
We can't be friends anymore

Old 10-14-2010, 11:45 PM   #38
saden1
MVP

I was throughly disgusted with their performance the last two years. Have they done anything to shore up their defense? I hope so because "we'll outscore you" mentality is the most insidious mentality in sports.

-Jenkins
Old 10-15-2010, 12:18 AM   #39
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I was throughly disgusted with their performance the last two years. Have they done anything to shore up their defense? I hope so because "we'll outscore you" mentality is the most insidious mentality in sports.
John Carlson, but you can't expect tooooo much out of a rookie.

Besides, some players on the team aren't exactly the most willing of checkers(Semin...hack...cough)

Old 10-15-2010, 12:41 AM   #40
InsaneBoost
The Starter

The thing is, the playoffs they didn't play by that outscore you mentality, it was more defense, even Mike Green said the whole game plans changed, that's what cost us IMO.

No doubt we need better D, but our young guys are coming up.

Old 10-15-2010, 01:07 AM   #41
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Just so I'm clear can I expect the rest of this type of talk for the remainder of the regular season? It's like you guys have the perfect out to bitch during the regular season seeing as any regular season success can be quelled with "oh lets see them do it in the postseason." "They still have to learn to win in the postseason." "Choke choke choke, rabble rabble rabble."

We've played 4 games and played well in all but 1 (the one I went to) and on top of that the Pens are 0-3 at home. Life is good. The team is playing more physical and we might have a star goalie in the making to go along with a very good netminder. Let's enjoy it and worry about the playoffs in April. I swear if I didn't know any better I'd think you guys were talking about the 09 Redskins.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Old 10-15-2010, 01:31 AM   #42
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Just so I'm clear can I expect the rest of this type of talk for the remainder of the regular season? It's like you guys have the perfect out to bitch during the regular season seeing as any regular season success can be quelled with "oh lets see them do it in the postseason." "They still have to learn to win in the postseason." "Choke choke choke, rabble rabble rabble."

We've played 4 games and played well in all but 1 (the one I went to) and on top of that the Pens are 0-3 at home. Life is good. The team is playing more physical and we might have a star goalie in the making to go along with a very good netminder. Let's enjoy it and worry about the playoffs in April. I swear if I didn't know any better I'd think you guys were talking about the 09 Redskins.
Caps are like the freaky mixture of previous Cowboys and Eagles teams. It's just that the fans don't see it.

Old 10-15-2010, 05:08 AM   #43
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
By the way Smoot, whats the chance that we'll see hockey on ESPN sometime in the next year or two?
Which U.S. network will broadcast the NHL in its next TV deal? - Puck Daddy - NHL* - Yahoo! Sports

- FRPLG
Old 10-17-2010, 07:42 AM   #44
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

All that talk in the offseason from the ESPN about how the Caps needed to sign a veteran Goaltender. I have a feeling that if the Caps win the cup this year it'll be with Nuevy in net. Not that Varly is bad or anything, great in fact when you consider his postseason experience, but Nuevy is starting to turn into something special. Before Nuevy was just the guy with great positioning while Varly was the athletic guy that could make spectacular saves. Now it's looking like Nuevy can do both. Some of those glove saves we saw last night were ridiculous.

We were missing what, two of our top four defensemen while facing a 3-0-0 team? Impressive.

- FRPLG

Last edited by Dirtbag59; 10-17-2010 at 08:31 AM.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:25 AM   #45
InsaneBoost
The Starter

Looks like the old Capitals team we're use to finally showed up.

Closed Thread