The Masters

Other Sports

Old 04-14-2013, 09:57 AM   #16
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

[QUOTE=firstdown;1003277]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
I don't care about beer costs. That's a minor item.

Tickets are the hardest ticket to get, with very few of them available to the public. Most are held by longtime ticket holders(aka super rich white men) . Masters Tickets - How to Get Masters Tickets

I think you, sir, have no idea what you are talking about.

To be clear, I enjoy watching the masters but just don't think it's some super noble act to keep hot dog costs low. Much like how you probably don't care if Obama is taking a 5% pay cut.[/QUOTE

So now they are super rich white men.LOL I'm guessing you have a hang up with SRWM.
Nope I don't. Read my previous posts.

Also all tickets aren't lotto system. Very few of them are. Reading really is underrated.

Another brilliant fd fail.

Advertisements
Old 04-15-2013, 02:16 AM   #17
KLHJ2
Inactive

Re: The Masters

Augusta National does not keep prices high because they want to be some sort of racist or elusive club...although some of their outdated rules would infer that. I acknowledge that they are a bit old fashioned. Realistically, it's all about supply and demand. It is a hot ticket and there are only so many they can sell to keep the course occupied to a satisfactory amount of spectators. If they sell too cheap, then they would not be able to accommodate all of those willing to attend. Too high and they will not sell enough tickets. Sometimes economics is economics and has nothing to do with demographics (a fancy word for racial profiling), regardless of popular opinion. It’s a first come, first served, business if you have the money then you can get served too, regardless of your race, creed, color, or gender.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:32 AM   #18
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Way to ruin a sports thread with political speeches.

Close finish and win by Adam Scott. I'm still not convinced that 2-stroke penalty on Woods that ended up costing him the win was legit. I don't think anyone else (not named Woods) would have been penalized. Apparently, they heard him comment on his drop being a yard behind the location of the ball in a post-round interview and then went back and penalized him. At the time of the drop, the rules committee said he did nothing wrong. That ruling should have been final at that point. How many other golfers would even be interviewed afterwards? Seems like a bad way to make a ruling because it's not possible with every golfer in the field to make rulings based on something said in an interview. Besides, you can "properly" drop a ball and it could bounce or roll a yard. I'm on Woods' side on this one.

Woods explains penalty, focuses on final round | www.myajc.com

A television viewer called in to the rules committee to point out the violation shortly after it happened, and Fred Ridley, chairman of the Masters competition committee, reviewed tape of the shot while Woods was still playing and determined that he did nothing intentionally wrong.

However, in an interview with CBS after his round, Woods acknowledged that his drop might have helped him gain an advantage. Woods said Saturday that he didn’t think about the proper place to drop because he was focused on the competition and still “a little ticked” at hitting the flag.

CBS golf analyst David Feherty made the public aware Friday night that he thought Woods may have made an incorrect drop, sparking numerous opinions. CBS announcer Jim Nantz called Ridley around 10 p.m. Friday night to point out Woods’ comment. Ridley called Woods’ agent, Leigh Steinberg, requesting a Saturday morning meeting to review Woods’ action.

Woods said he wasn’t aware that “drop-gate” was brewing until he woke Saturday morning to a text from his agent asking him to call. Woods was scheduled to tee off at 1:45 p.m.

“I didn’t know what was going on,” Woods said.

Woods met with Ridley at the Augusta National at 8 a.m. Saturday. After listening to Woods’ explanation, Ridley determined that Woods had unintentionally violated the rules. However, Ridley already had handcuffed himself by determining that Woods hadn’t broken the rules. Ridley said he never considered disqualifying Woods. Instead he chose to penalize him two strokes, which would also have been the penalty for not placing the ball in the correct spot and then hitting it from the incorrect spot.

“I didn’t see anything, and he didn’t tell me anything that would lead me to believe that he knowingly violated the rule,” Ridley said during a meeting with reporters Saturday afternoon. Ridley implied that he made the USGA and R&A, golf’s rulesmakers, aware of their decision and that they agreed with the ruling.

Woods was spared by rule 33-7, nicknamed the Harrington Rule, named after Padraig Harrington and put into place in 2011. The rule gives a tournament organizer the discretion to waive disqualification in certain cases. It was put into place after Harrington was disqualified for signing an incorrect scorecard during a tournament in Abu Dhabi. A viewer watching on a hi-definition TV spotted that Harrington had caused his ball to barely move on the green and called in the violation to rules officials.

After their rounds, various players said they didn’t think Woods intentionally violated any of golf’s rules, and they could understand how the mistake was made.

“(The drop) is a very basic rule that all the golfers in the Masters know,” Duluth’s Stewart Cink said. “But when you get in the intensity of the Masters and there’s a lot going on … things don’t go right in the mind. I think that’s what the case was. Obviously there’s no intention. He just made a little bit of a mistake in error. They gave him a nice break.”
Old 04-15-2013, 10:10 AM   #19
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

So I just want to sum this Tiger penalty up: You can improve your lie if your Tiger Woods. Shoulda been DQ'ed

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:39 AM   #20
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
So I just want to sum this Tiger penalty up: You can improve your lie if your Tiger Woods. Shoulda been DQ'ed
Well they change the DQ rule a few years back and left it open for the officals to make a judgment call. I don't have a problem with that but how are they going to handle the next player who acidently signs an incorrect score card. Not sure how TW could not know that rule but from what he said in the interview after his round its seems he had no clue he broke the rule. It was actually his statements which confirmed he dropped the ball to yard further back breaking the rules. I actually said something to my buddy at the time asking if he was allowed to go furthetr back from this original spot. That one shot by hitting the flage cost him 4 strokes by the time it was all said in done.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:51 AM   #21
firstdown
Living Legend

[quote=hooskins;1003295]
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post

Nope I don't. Read my previous posts.

Also all tickets aren't lotto system. Very few of them are. Reading really is underrated.

Another brilliant fd fail.
Actaully I had read something that made it sound like more tickets were being sold to the public. Your correct its only a small amount but my point was that the high ticket prices was not because AN charges alot for the tickets. They are cheaper then the nose bleed seats at FedEx its the renting/scalping of the bage that cost so much.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:59 AM   #22
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLHJ2 View Post
Augusta National does not keep prices high because they want to be some sort of racist or elusive club...although some of their outdated rules would infer that. I acknowledge that they are a bit old fashioned. Realistically, it's all about supply and demand. It is a hot ticket and there are only so many they can sell to keep the course occupied to a satisfactory amount of spectators. If they sell too cheap, then they would not be able to accommodate all of those willing to attend. Too high and they will not sell enough tickets. Sometimes economics is economics and has nothing to do with demographics (a fancy word for racial profiling), regardless of popular opinion. It’s a first come, first served, business if you have the money then you can get served too, regardless of your race, creed, color, or gender.
Hmmmm.......not sure I can buy that....smacks of conspiracy, right. Are you really, Really sure it's not an action set forth by really rich white men to stay...really rich........and White?
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:04 AM   #23
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Love the Masters.
My wife and I had a nice time watching the last few holes at Buffalo Wild Wings.
Surprisingly large amount of golf fans in there watching the game.
I was rooting for Snedeker at the end but the wheels seemed to come off.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:18 AM   #24
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Wow. Some guy sitting on his couch is the one responsible for Woods getting his 2 stroke penalty.

Y! SPORTS

Can you imagine the NFL doing this?....ROFL.

On a related note, I thought this jab at Tiger was funny.

Y! SPORTS
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:43 AM   #25
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

If Tiger woulda won yesterday, all hell woulda broken lose today.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:10 PM   #26
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Wow. Some guy sitting on his couch is the one responsible for Woods getting his 2 stroke penalty.

Y! SPORTS

Can you imagine the NFL doing this?....ROFL.

On a related note, I thought this jab at Tiger was funny.

Y! SPORTS
That's not the first time that's happened.

The other day, when Craig Stadler took out a towel and had himself a $37,333.33 bath, sport as we know it began beating its noggin against the wall, Charlie Brown-style.
The Walrus had his second-place check ripped up at the Andy Williams Open because a handful of rules aficionados, watching NBC's third-round highlights, correctly pointed out that Stadler had illegally "built his stance" by kneeling on a towel to protect his polyesters from unsightly stains. No matter that the offense had happened 24 hours earlier; the PGA DQ'd Stadler, who saved an $8 laundry bill but wound up getting taken to the cleaners anyhow.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:37 PM   #27
firstdown
Living Legend

What we need is more White Rich Women playing.

Old 04-15-2013, 06:06 PM   #28
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

She has mooses on her belt.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:21 AM   #29
hooskins

[QUOTE=firstdown;1003340]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post

Actaully I had read something that made it sound like more tickets were being sold to the public. Your correct its only a small amount but my point was that the high ticket prices was not because AN charges alot for the tickets. They are cheaper then the nose bleed seats at FedEx its the renting/scalping of the bage that cost so much.
Fair enough. We're both right
Old 04-17-2013, 02:22 AM   #30
hooskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
What we need is more White Rich Women playing.

Yes