Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 10:00 PM   #61
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Re: Cousins Saga 4.0. Is he done in DC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
I'm truly not gloating after the fact of my prediction. I am pointing out that everyone on here who ridiculed me and called me crazy offered no other facts to back up their assessment other than "There's no way we will do this / There's no way Cousins gets tagged a 2nd time / blah blah blah". I gave you every reason why it wasn't going to happen. From Cousins' issues with Allen, all the way to how many believe that Cousins still connects this regime to the RG3 era which Washington wants to move away from.

I hoped that this would give my posts some credibility. Everybody wanted to write me off as a whacko but bottom line i gave you the straight talk when everybody else was creating more Cousins nonsense. I don't want any trouble with anyone here. I want to move past this Cousins stuff and get back to having constructive debates here. We can disagree about things and remain civil. I've taken a lot of insults here, ranging from the innocent misunderstandings, to - Race / Religion / Mental Health / you name it, and i've never flamed anybody in response, i've taken it in stride and tried to remain professional and courteous.
Well you should be gloating, you pegged the incompetence of the FO and tone deafness of BA, the director of pants and picnics.

I haven't been genuinely ticked off at the team in years but this is the keystone cops!

The director of pants and picnics isn't even winning off the field because he doesn't even know the QBs damn name!!!!!!

Advertisements
Old 07-22-2017, 03:36 PM   #62
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I agree with most of this.

I do think Cousins is good enough to win a Super Bowl. The following QBs have done so: Trent Dilfer, Mark Rypien, Brad Johnson, Joe Flacco, Eli Manning and Jim McMahon. They all have one thing in common, they weren't the greatest QBs of their generation but their defenses were stifling.

I'm under no illusion that Cousins is, or will ever be, on the level of Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, and Ben Roethlisberger. But I'd like to see how Cousins looks with a competent defense, rather than having the worst third down defense of all time.

We went 8-7-1 despite having that absolutely dreadful defense.

I think he's good enough, not transcendent but still a piece of a Super Bowl puzzle that will require more pieces on defense to complete.
To the bolded part . . . that's the problem . . . none of those QB's were the highest paid player in the NFL, so their teams had money to spend to build that top defense . . . if we give Cousins the 28 million a year, how do we build a stifling defense? (we will have a very high prices o-line) and cousins also needs very good WR's. For that money he NEEDS to be able to carry the team on his back and he has not proven to be able to do that.
Old 07-22-2017, 03:40 PM   #63
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
fuck ham and pastrami....Ruben is the only thing we should accept.
nah . . . I'd prefer a prime rib sandwich
Old 07-22-2017, 03:59 PM   #64
FlyerSkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsGuru View Post
To the bolded part . . . that's the problem . . . none of those QB's were the highest paid player in the NFL, so their teams had money to spend to build that top defense . . . if we give Cousins the 28 million a year, how do we build a stifling defense? (we will have a very high prices o-line) and cousins also needs very good WR's. For that money he NEEDS to be able to carry the team on his back and he has not proven to be able to do that.
One of the best posts thus far. We resign
Kirk great, but at what price in personnel? We have a lit of guys on one year prove it deals on the defense primarily. What happens if they play lights out? Kirk is a good qb, but has a problem being clutch. The defense will need to help him out!!!!
Old 07-22-2017, 05:14 PM   #65
insane4theskinsi
Special Teams

i think the redskins seek to become the most talked about team in the league every off season.
Old 07-22-2017, 10:06 PM   #66
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerSkin View Post
One of the best posts thus far. We resign
Kirk great, but at what price in personnel? We have a lit of guys on one year prove it deals on the defense primarily. What happens if they play lights out? Kirk is a good qb, but has a problem being clutch. The defense will need to help him out!!!!
So is the next move building a suffocating d? With all due respect to the moves we've made this offseason, I still think we're a long ways away.
Old 07-23-2017, 11:02 AM   #67
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

This organization loves drama, every offseason something has to come up and they just seem to be the laughing stock team nation wide. Unbelievable

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 07-23-2017, 02:23 PM   #68
rocnrik
Playmaker

I AGREE 100000% if we give kirk a contract in the 25 million a year plus range .He should be capable of carrying this team on his back. he should be expected to win several games a year just like Rogers,Brady..etc . If he can't do that then whats the point..In a earlier post I said The Ravens won a super bowl with Trent Dilfer the reason was not so much Dilfer as it was that FANTASTIC defense they had..I would rather have a top rated Defense and a solid Run game with average QB play than a weak Defense..so so run game and a highly overpaid underachieving QB..would you guys GIVE UP our top three Defense players to keep Cousins? yes or no.
Old 07-23-2017, 06:58 PM   #69
FlyerSkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
So is the next move building a suffocating d? With all due respect to the moves we've made this offseason, I still think we're a long ways away.
If most of our defensive draftees from the past 2 drafts pan out, we might not be that bad. Kirk can't be put into the pressure cooker that often. He can't be allowed to be more than 10 put behind relatively late in a game.
Old 07-23-2017, 07:44 PM   #70
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Ok. Who should we get at a bargain rate who can carry the team for a game or two?

Oh by the way Kirk did single handedly carry the team against Dallas and Detroit last year and our D gave up multiple 3rd and forever.

So who should we get after we let this guy go:

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | QUARTERBACKS 2016
Old 07-23-2017, 08:10 PM   #71
FlyerSkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
Ok. Who should we get at a bargain rate who can carry the team for a game or two?

Oh by the way Kirk did single handedly carry the team against Dallas and Detroit last year and our D gave up multiple 3rd and forever.

So who should we get after we let this guy go:

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | QUARTERBACKS 2016
At this point draft a qb in 2018. My thinking is go for the kid from Wyoming or any other qb that worked with a pro style offense..
Old 07-24-2017, 09:02 AM   #72
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
I saw a tweet from John Keim yesterday where it basically said that maybe the Redskins won't have to worry so much about the money to sign Cousins next year. The cap is supposed to be somewhere around $180M I think he said after signing Cousins, the Redskins would still have something like $43M to sign other players. The cap people on this board could comfirm or deny that, but maybe it's more possible than we think anyway. Honestly, if they're able to get everyone signed, including Cousins, would it really matter how much it costs?
Old 07-24-2017, 09:10 AM   #73
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
I saw a tweet from John Keim yesterday where it basically said that maybe the Redskins won't have to worry so much about the money to sign Cousins next year. The cap is supposed to be somewhere around $180M I think he said after signing Cousins, the Redskins would still have something like $43M to sign other players. The cap people on this board could comfirm or deny that, but maybe it's more possible than we think anyway. Honestly, if they're able to get everyone signed, including Cousins, would it really matter how much it costs?
Exactly! We need to forget about how big these numbers look to us. In fact we should only talk in cap space %, that would give us a better idea.

Don't worry for Snyder's money that much...
Old 07-24-2017, 03:31 PM   #74
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
The world needs more I told you so posts.
Don't act like we don't' say the same thing to Trump supporters.

Let Snake have his moment.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 07-24-2017, 03:35 PM   #75
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

At this point, I really don't give a fuck what they do. I still think we are still fucked as long as Bruce Allen is here and enabling Dan Snyder. Sign him....don't sign him. Whatever, just bring on the season and let's see some football. I'm happy about the off-season (minus the KC drama) and look forward to seeing what we can do with our defense. If Kirk plays well this season, offer him 3 years guaranteed (75mil) in a LTD. If he walks, it's on him.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Closed Thread