Position Battles in Camp

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 06-20-2020, 09:31 PM   #16
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Re: Position Battles in Camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I’m not giving up on Harmon, but AGG has speed and big play potential that Harmon lacks
Why do you have so little appreciation for depth? It's not as if only the starters play.

Harmon fearlessly works the middle of the field and out-muscles defensive players to make catches. He doesn't need to be the fastest player in the league to do what he does best. His game is similar to Anquan Bolden's IMO. He can be a chain-mover. If Harmon turns out to be a role player, that's fine with me. I love role players.

I like AGG, too. I like them both but for different reasons. Both should play and I expect both do do well.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-20-2020, 09:43 PM   #17
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
Harmon is the best TE on the roster.
Put 15-20 pounds of muscle on AGG and he might become an elite receiving TE. I'm not joking about that.
Old 06-22-2020, 07:12 AM   #18
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Don't click the link, I don't want to encourage Yardbarker, but I thought everyone should know Yardbarker led off their "five hottest NFL QB battles in TC" with Haskins vs. Allen.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...dNs?li=BBnb7Kz
Old 07-04-2020, 09:28 AM   #19
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Here is a PFF take on the Redskins RB situation:

WASHINGTON REDSKINS

RB1: Derrius Guice

RB2: Adrian Peterson

RB3 or RB4 or RB5 or RB6: Antonio Gibson or Bryce Love or J.D. McKissic or Peyton Barber

Notes: What an absolute mess. Guice is the favorite to start, but truly there’s more unknown in this backfield than any other in the league.

Guice has played in five of 32 games over the past two seasons. He’s been fantastic in this short sample and is talented enough to make the most out of 10-15 touches per game, but there are serious reinjury concerns here, and a three-down role seems unlikely at any point regardless of whether or not he can maintain good health. To reiterate: Guice is a stud.

Peterson was actually #good in 2019 and wouldn’t be back in Washington without some sort of guarantee for playing time, but don’t expect this new staff to feed him in the same manner as interim coach Bill Callahan did down the stretch in 2019.

That leaves us with the remaining crew. Gibson seems like the best candidate to command some sort of role approaching double-digit touches per game. It's easy to love Gibson the player. He scored 14 touchdowns on just 77 touches in 2019, ripping off seven plays of 50-plus yards and breaking roughly a million tackles along the way. Gibson is viewed as a WR/RB hybrid, standing 6-foot and weighing 228 pounds with the ability to run the 40 in 4.39 seconds.

The Athletic's Grant Paulsen reports the Redskins want to run more 21 personnel (two running backs, one tight end) with rookie Gibson and Guice or Peterson on the field at the same time.

Here is my own dream RB scenario two years down the road:

Everyone is healthy. Guice is the RB1 starter, backed up by Love. Gibson gets most of the reps as the second RB on the field, backed up by McKissic. Yes, there would be four RB's on the roster. This would be an explosive backfield.

Last edited by KI Skins Fan; 07-04-2020 at 09:44 AM.
Old 07-04-2020, 09:46 AM   #20
GridIron26
Playmaker

I would be really shocked if we decide to keep all 6 RBs by the time the seasons starts. Now that it's starting to look like there's a real chance the preseason will be cancelled, the preseason already had been reduced to 2 games already. With that in mind, I have a little expectations from our rookies, including Gibson.

My best guess would be, we keep 5 RBs and cut Barber. Guice and AP will share the majority of carries for Redskins, both will be on the field at the same time for the short-yards plays. But when it's 1st and 2nd down plays, I can see Guice or AP and McKissic being on the field at the same time. As Gibson develops throughout the season, he will take over McKissic's role. I have no idea what role Love will have, he probably would be relegated as #5 RB unless he shows a lot in practices, if and when that happens, it will become complicated situation..
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 11:21 AM   #21
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
I would be really shocked if we decide to keep all 6 RBs by the time the seasons starts. Now that it's starting to look like there's a real chance the preseason will be cancelled, the preseason already had been reduced to 2 games already. With that in mind, I have a little expectations from our rookies, including Gibson.

My best guess would be, we keep 5 RBs and cut Barber. Guice and AP will share the majority of carries for Redskins, both will be on the field at the same time for the short-yards plays. But when it's 1st and 2nd down plays, I can see Guice or AP and McKissic being on the field at the same time. As Gibson develops throughout the season, he will take over McKissic's role. I have no idea what role Love will have, he probably would be relegated as #5 RB unless he shows a lot in practices, if and when that happens, it will become complicated situation..
It’s gonna be an interesting watch and I think it mainly revolves around one thing, injures. I think you pull out McKissic and Gibson...they on the team, McK as the 3rd down back and Gibby as the gadget H-back.

The other 4 and other which may be added..it’s about 1 thing only, injuries. Whoever is healthy at start of season makes the team.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 12:19 PM   #22
EdmundDorf
The Starter

I think that it might depend on whether Gibsons versatility allows them to carry just 5 WR

Normally I would think of 4 RB + 6 WR balance, maybe it is preferable to think of it as 4RB + 5WR + Gibson
EdmundDorf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 02:58 PM   #23
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Put 15-20 pounds of muscle on AGG and he might become an elite receiving TE. I'm not joking about that.
Niles Paul actually played well at TE after doing the same.