Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Laron Landry Grinds My Gears

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-16-2009, 11:57 AM   #31
hail_2_da_skins
Impact Rookie

Re: Laron Landry Grinds My Gears

I like Landry's intensity. I don't want him to lose his aggressiveness but I would like him to play smarter, especially with the late hits.

Advertisements
Old 09-16-2009, 11:59 AM   #32
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
You notice that too? Some of those punks didn't even have towels ready for players as they came off the field.
I saw one miss the guys mouth and squirted water right in the players face. Not sure if was because we were loosing or he was just a bad shot.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:04 PM   #33
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I saw one miss the guys mouth and squirted water right in the players face. Not sure if was because we were loosing or he was just a bad shot.
Probably lack of focus. That and they get paid crazy money, I heard they make $8/hr. The money goes to their heads.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:32 PM   #34
Coff
Impact Rookie

Fair or not, I'm just never going to forgive Landry for getting steamrolled by Jacobs. That has to be one of the nastiest hits of the decade, and the clip is going to be shown for the next twenty years (at least) whenever these two teams play. It's hard enough living in Giants country and having to watch the Skins lose nearly every time they play (6 of the last 7), but getting embarrased in the process is just too much.
Coff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:38 PM   #35
dblanch66
The Starter

I'll give him a few more games before I throw him under the bus. His play to cause the INT was sick. I wonder if he went up to London after he absolutely plastered Jacobs and said "thanks dude".
Old 09-16-2009, 12:39 PM   #36
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coff View Post
Fair or not, I'm just never going to forgive Landry for getting steamrolled by Jacobs. That has to be one of the nastiest hits of the decade, and the clip is going to be shown for the next twenty years (at least) whenever these two teams play. It's hard enough living in Giants country and having to watch the Skins lose nearly every time they play (6 of the last 7), but getting embarrased in the process is just too much.
Just rebut it with Fletcher's hit on Jacobs Sunday, along with his stat line.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:18 PM   #37
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

right now, like as of last game, I would have liked either Adrian Peterson, or Michael Griffin over LaRon Landry. When we got LaRon I was like thats great we're getting the next Ronnie Lott, He's definitley shown flashes of potential greatness, but the other two I named above have played a lot better and are already pro bowlers, which I thought LaRon would have been right now. If LaRon wants to be a pro bowler he shouldn't always play so deep, and move around more like Polamalu, and he shouldn't go for the kill or fiestyness that he did last game, cause he just leads to 15 yard penalties stupid hit after stupid hit. He's got 15 games to straighten up and start playing like a man and not a killer..especially if he wants to go to the pro bowl this year.
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:56 PM   #38
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

I thought I was gonna get a lotta crap for this thread. Guess I am not the only one with a bit of concern.

Also for those who said it was a one game thing, I think it has been an issue in the past annd now it is getting worst/no improvement. I am not losing sleep lol, but I just hope the coaches see this too and help correct the issues.

He has crazy potential. Like I mentioned before, his closing speed is just crazy.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:10 PM   #39
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
I thought I was gonna get a lotta crap for this thread. Guess I am not the only one with a bit of concern.

Also for those who said it was a one game thing, I think it has been an issue in the past annd now it is getting worst/no improvement. I am not losing sleep lol, but I just hope the coaches see this too and help correct the issues.

He has crazy potential. Like I mentioned before, his closing speed is just crazy.
This has been a problem in the past, and honestly he needs to stop. Yeah he should lay out people, but know when to do it. If this team wants to win games, they have to stop making these easily avoided penalties.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:25 PM   #40
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBohnzie View Post
Nownownow, that's some high quality...H20.

I think the excuse about learning has become invalid, as Landry played all of 2008 as Free Safety and spent his 3 years at LSU as a free safety. The mistakes should be becoming less and less, and overall he had been a solid player for the Redskins.

Meanwhile, you have a game he's been thinking about for almost a full year, trying to exact revenge. Adrenaline got the best of him. If it further becomes an issue, Blache should address it. However, a week at practice and in the film room will show him the mistakes he made and he should make the necessary adjustments.
Everybody read this!? Landry was not a SS "until he got to Washington" like i read every friggin time someone starts a thread about him. He is used to playing the "center field" role...his troubles have absolutely nothing to do w/ him being suited for a different position blahblahblah.

Thank you Mr. BDBohnzie for the clarification.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:28 PM   #41
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBohnzie View Post
Nownownow, that's some high quality...H20.

I think the excuse about learning has become invalid, as Landry played all of 2008 as Free Safety and spent his 3 years at LSU as a free safety. The mistakes should be becoming less and less, and overall he had been a solid player for the Redskins.

Meanwhile, you have a game he's been thinking about for almost a full year, trying to exact revenge. Adrenaline got the best of him. If it further becomes an issue, Blache should address it. However, a week at practice and in the film room will show him the mistakes he made and he should make the necessary adjustments.
You have to admit, minus the coverage errors, etc. his need to get in an opponents face EVERY place is really just stupid. He needs to grow up.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:52 AM   #42
tootergray34
Impact Rookie

i'm almost a hundred percent positive that nobody will believe me on this, but one of my good friends gf's dates LaRon Landry...and he said he wants to be on the Falcons...so i've hated him since that. plays too much for the big hit...and we passed up peterson to get him...that makes me doubly hate him...yes i said doubly!
tootergray34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 05:59 AM   #43
hagams
Impact Rookie

I just like the fact the you used a Family Guy quote. "You know what really grinds my gears...." priceless.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:35 AM   #44
jdlea
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Everybody read this!? Landry was not a SS "until he got to Washington" like i read every friggin time someone starts a thread about him. He is used to playing the "center field" role...his troubles have absolutely nothing to do w/ him being suited for a different position blahblahblah.

Thank you Mr. BDBohnzie for the clarification.
The problem is, he didn't play the "center field role" because they don't play the sissy coverage defense that the Redskins do. Most of the time Craig Steltz was deeper than Landry and he came on a lot of blitzes. He blitzes from his FS spot in Washington far less than he did at LSU. So, no, he's not really used to playing the centerfield role all the time. He moved around a lot more at LSU, much like I read Blache wanted to do with him this season...deep guy on downs 1&2 and blitzer/down in the box guy on 3rd/passing downs
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote