Washington Redskins: How Daniel Snyder found his man in Mike Shanahan

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-11-2011, 12:47 PM   #46
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Re: Washington Redskins: How Daniel Snyder found his man in Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Yeah, nothing in the article I found to be really explosive reporting. It was an interesting read, but that's about it. This shit goes on in the NFL all the time and anyone who thinks it doesn't are fooling themselves.

I'm ready for some football. Screw all this he said she said Portis bashing. Clinton Portis left here as the second leading rusher in Redskins history. A serious feat considering he played with sub-par talent, battled injuries, and saw a carousel of coaches during his tenure as a Redskin. Am I a Clinton Portis apologist? I don't think so. But the stuff he got away with and the ensuing apology was more symptomatic of the failure of front office management and leadership, than a real indictment of Portis' outsized ego. He simply exploited it.

For all the constant Snyder bashing, you guys really need to get over it. Dan Snyder's flaws and shortcomings are well documented, so one more article won't tip any opinions in either direction. I know it's hard to give him any sort of credit, but those clowns that helped him court Shanahan are no longer around the organization. At some point, we have to move on like it appears that Snyder has moved on.
Ah, another example of one of the divine tenets of the Washington sports nobility. Production over work ethic and charactter, even if his relationship with the owner is right on par with an executive having an affair or nepotism.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-11-2011, 12:51 PM   #47
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
Ah, another example of one of the divine tenets of the Washington sports nobility. Production over work ethic and charactter, even if his relationship with the owner is right on par with an executive having an affair or nepotism.
If you say so.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 12:51 PM   #48
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Yeah, nothing in the article I found to be really explosive reporting. It was an interesting read, but that's about it. This shit goes on in the NFL all the time and anyone who thinks it doesn't are fooling themselves.
Yeah, it's a rehash of olds news with more details. Again, I find the timing to be pretty curious. Hours before the start of the season we have an article that digs up a 2 year old story. Perhaps it's the WaPo sensing they have one last chance to poke at the old regime before this team makes us forget all that nonsense.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:56 AM   #49
That Guy
Living Legend

he didn't like his coach that wasn't very good, so he got advise from a superbowl winner?

I mean, the staff (mike/bruce) is a lot better now, so who cares. portis is gone, haynesworth is gone, mcnabb is gone. the team is playing well.

interesting story, but there's nothing more beyond that.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:01 AM   #50
MTK
\m/

Time to put BS like this to bed?

I think so.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:18 AM   #51
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Please go ahead and lock it. Seriously I don't see what here is really amazing or groundbreaking? These are all rumors we heard about, now we have more insight due to a salty and hurt VC. A nice read to get a glimpse of the details, but that is about it IMO.