Tom "Iceman" Brady

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-14-2007, 10:23 PM   #46
wolfeskins
The Starter

Re: Tom "Iceman" Brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
What's up with LT at the end there? He looked pissed.
he said he was upset with some of the pats players because they went to the center of the field and did that dance thing that shawn merriman always does.

Advertisements
Old 01-14-2007, 10:25 PM   #47
ncskinsfanec
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman003 View Post
arguing over who is a better player in football is stupid because it's a team sport that depends on the other 10 players on the field with them. Whoever you believe is better is subjective and cannot be seriously proven.
Not neccesarily. One great player can make a world of difference for a team. Look at how much better the Skins defense was with Shawn Springs in the secondary as opposed to how unbelievably awful they were without him. It's a team sport, true, but you can't say that great players can't make a huge difference.
ncskinsfanec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 10:52 PM   #48
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

I hope poor LT didn't have his feelings hurt by a dance!

Ill buy him some Johnsons and Johnsons.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:53 PM   #49
Pocket$ $traight

Brady had a horrible game. He missed passes that he would normally make in his sleep. The Pats received several gifts and took advantage of it.

They do not look like a Super Bowl Champion to me.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 10:58 PM   #50
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman003 View Post
arguing over who is a better player in football is stupid because it's a team sport that depends on the other 10 players on the field with them. Whoever you believe is better is subjective and cannot be seriously proven.
That is true, it's highly subjective, but what I don't get is how people think Brady is better than Manning. 3 rings...yadda, yadda, yadda. The Pats didn't win today because of Tom Brady, the guy was picked twice.

To demonstrate how little playoff football is about the quarterback, consider how many times Peyton came up short, playing well, but getting little help from his team. All of a sudden, he's playing poor this year, and getting help from his team and now he's got his best chance to reach the big game. Go figure. Maybe the 21 other guys influence the outcome more than the quarterback. Duh.

Manning's body of work over the last eight years is unbelieveable. Brady's is nothing to spit on, but clearly not in the same league. The question shouldn't be who's the best quarterback in the league, it should be who's the 2nd best, Brady or Palmer (or Brees if you want to swing that way)?
Old 01-14-2007, 11:47 PM   #51
Skinsfanmania
Special Teams

Brady is the best big game QB that has ever played the game. He has ice in his veins. They showed a shot of Brady when the Pats were down 21-13 and and later showed Rivers when they were marching to tie the score.

Rivers was nervous as $hit with his arms crossed, Brady was calm as can be $ame $hit different day attitude.
Skinsfanmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 11:51 PM   #52
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncskinsfanec View Post
Not neccesarily. One great player can make a world of difference for a team. Look at how much better the Skins defense was with Shawn Springs in the secondary as opposed to how unbelievably awful they were without him. It's a team sport, true, but you can't say that great players can't make a huge difference.
I agree,look how much better the colts d has been with sanders back in the lineup
Old 01-14-2007, 11:58 PM   #53
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Brady is a great QB. No doubt about it. He does not have any stud wr's at all. Brown, Caldwell and Gaffney??? But he does have two very good TE's. I'm very impressed with his poise, pocket pressence and underated arm. But to say he's better than Marino might be stretching it. Your talking about one of the best pure passers of all time. Plus Marino never had any of the very solid defenses that NE always fields. I think Marino was better but not by much.
I agree,too early in bradys career to say whos better,but what struck me most about this post was I agree with you on gaffney,the dude couldnt cut in houston or the eagles and he has over 100 yrds recieving today? did gaffney suddnely become allpro?I dont think so,brady is making gaffney look good,I would trade any 3 redskin players the pats wanted for brady
Old 01-15-2007, 12:25 AM   #54
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Joe Montana at his best was the greatest postseason QB I've ever seen. His '89 postseason may be the greatest ever by a QB:

Year Opp Result | CMP ATT PYD PTD INT | RSH YD TD

1989 min W,41-13 | 17 24 241 4 0 | 2 0 0
1989 ram W,30-3 | 26 30 262 2 0 | 1 4 0
*1989 den W,55-10 | 22 29 297 5 0 | 2 15 0

* - Super Bowl
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 12:32 AM   #55
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister View Post
Joe Montana at his best was the greatest postseason QB I've ever seen. His '89 postseason may be the greatest ever by a QB:

Year Opp Result | CMP ATT PYD PTD INT | RSH YD TD

1989 min W,41-13 | 17 24 241 4 0 | 2 0 0
1989 ram W,30-3 | 26 30 262 2 0 | 1 4 0
*1989 den W,55-10 | 22 29 297 5 0 | 2 15 0

* - Super Bowl
you have a point,but he was also throwing to the greatest wr of all time!!
plus an underated john taylor,I dont think any of bradys recievers on any of his teams will make the hof
Old 01-15-2007, 12:37 AM   #56
bigm29
Special Teams

rings are over rated winning a super bowl is about the team. not one man wins a whole game for you
Old 01-15-2007, 12:37 AM   #57
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
you have a point,but he was also throwing to the greatest wr of all time!!
plus an underated john taylor,I dont think any of bradys recievers on any of his teams will make the hof
That's a good point, Brady is winning this season with crap WRs. He does have two outstanding TE's and two excellent RBs. Then again Montana didn't exactly have Hall of Fame WRs for his first two Super Bowls either (Rice and Taylor both came to SF later).
Old 01-15-2007, 12:41 AM   #58
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigm29 View Post
rings are over rated winning a super bowl is about the team. not one man wins a whole game for you
When it comes to QBs, I disagree. Very few mediocre QBs have ever made it to the big game, much less won it. Here's hoping Jason Campbell will develop that special quality to lead us to the Promised Land someday.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:53 AM   #59
LMsexyAO
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post

Manning's body of work over the last eight years is unbelieveable. Brady's is nothing to spit on, but clearly not in the same league. The question shouldn't be who's the best quarterback in the league, it should be who's the 2nd best, Brady or Palmer (or Brees if you want to swing that way)?

How is Brady not in the same league as Manning?? Winning 6, 8, hell, even 16 games in a row is impressive, no doubt. But no one remembers the guys that went undefeated and lost in the playoffs, they remember the ones that stuck it out through the toughest games and won the Super Bowl. Three rings in Brady's 6th season is nothing short of incredible. Plus, have you see Manning this postseason? He looks more like Rex Grossman than anyone else that comes to mind. Even if you think it's Brady's team that carries them to the playoffs, you can't look at his stats and not agree that it's Brady who wins the games.
LMsexyAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 01:00 AM   #60
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister View Post
When it comes to QBs, I disagree. Very few mediocre QBs have ever made it to the big game, much less won it. Here's hoping Jason Campbell will develop that special quality to lead us to the Promised Land someday.
true,but some have,just off the top of my head,rypien,dilfer,hasselbach,humphries,doug williams,delholme,warner,kerry collins,chris chandler,neil o donnel,tony eason,david woodley,ferragamo,morton,maybe some others