Redskins vs. Giants Gameday thread, Opener 2009

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-15-2009, 10:37 AM   #751
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Re: Redskins vs. Giants Gameday thread, Opener 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
He just wanted a new memory that he can reference when we play NY in NY as our opening game again next year. Unless we win the SB, then it will be NY in DC on opening day!
Now that you mention it I would love to win a sausage biscuit on opening day

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-15-2009, 03:59 PM   #752
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Still, your QB beat an experience secondary with young receivers and not much of a running game. I think that is very impressive. I'm sure you guys would have like to see more points on the board.

Hey quick question, what was your thought on Coughlin going for it on 4 and short near the endzone? I personally think he should've gone for 3...luckily for you guys that didn't come back to bite you at the end.
I think your front four is good enough ,there was(in my mind) no need to put eight in the box as often as you did,you guys played zone and they just hit the hole.I did say that you would see Boss and Smith become the go-to guys.
As for the call ...I liked it,it shows faith in the O amd if he makes it he's a genius,now I would not have run that play,fake the dive and either play action or a roll out....maybe a fade to the end zone.What bit us in the end as it does .ALWAYS....is that god damn "prevent D"..........which only prevents us from winning.Campbell had goodtime ....and you saw what he could do.

Last edited by Giantone; 09-16-2009 at 09:59 PM.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 04:09 PM   #753
coggs
Special Teams

I also loved going for it on 4th down. They already had a short FG and aside from the receiver situation the thing all Giants fans have been grumbling about is the inefficiency in the redzone. Last year, they had to settle for too many short fg's. Wasn't crazy about the play calling in the short yardage situations. Would like to see a boot, rollout, TE dump, something ANYTHING aside from Bradshaw or Jacobs trying to move a pile every down. Especially against a 330lb DTackle.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:19 PM   #754
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I think your front for is good enough ,there was(in my mind) no need to put eight in the box as often as you did,you guys played zone and they just hit the hole.I did say that you would see Boss and Smith become the go-to guys.
As for the call ...I liked it,it shows faith in the O amd if he makes it he's a genius,now I would not have run that play,fake the dive and either play action or a roll out....maybe a fade to the end zone.What bit us in the end as it does .ALWAYS....is that god damn "prevent D"..........which only prevents us from winning.Campbell had goodtime ....and you saw what he could do.
Your prevent defense involves zone blitzing?
Old 09-16-2009, 10:01 PM   #755
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Your prevent defense involves zone blitzing?
Nope ,look again ......on Cooley's TD we didn't blitz,rushed 4.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:34 PM   #756
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Nope ,look again ......on Cooley's TD we didn't blitz,rushed 4.
Correct, but on the play before that, you blitzed 5 while dropping Kiwi into coverage. That hardly implies giving up the points. By comparison, our coordinator wouldn't run anything that creative if he were protecting a 3 point lead.

Onside kicks may only be a 10% deal, but if you didn't recover, I don't think your defense was stopping us.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:06 PM   #757
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
JC is under such a microscope it's ridiculous.

You can pick apart anyone's stats, take away this, take away that. In the end it's a pointless debate. His numbers are what they are. How about this, take away his 2 turnovers and it's a different game.
As if thats a surprise...? He and all of Redskin Nation knew he was and would be all year. Hell, the FO tried there ass off to get him outta here before/during camp/Draft Day to make a deal to get him removed from the scene before the scene ever got going.

It's not ridiculous, it's part of being a LOSING QB in the NFL. Winning cures all, which JC hasn't been very good at.

I hope he can stop the turnovers, if not he very well could have a shortened last season in DC.
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:16 PM   #758
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
As if thats a surprise...? He and all of Redskin Nation knew he was and would be all year. Hell, the FO tried there ass off to get him outta here before/during camp/Draft Day to make a deal to get him removed from the scene before the scene ever got going.

It's not ridiculous, it's part of being a LOSING QB in the NFL. Winning cures all, which JC hasn't been very good at.

I hope he can stop the turnovers, if not he very well could have a shortened last season in DC.
He turned the ball over less times than any other QB last year, so wouldn't it be not starting to turn it over?

He was 16-20 coming into this year, so in a 16 game season, he would have to go 11-5 to be a winning quarterback. If he did that, he'd be in the pro-bowl, so there has to be a middle ground.

He needs to show improvement, not undo all of the Redskins mistakes in the last 4 years.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:04 AM   #759
MTK
\m/

Quote:

No, it is ridiculous considering he didn't play that bad of a game but you still have people convinced he's the worst starting QB in the league.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:42 AM   #760
jdlea
Playmaker

Quote:

That's funny because Jay Cutler owns a 17-21 as a staring QB and everyone would prefer to have him/thinks he's the bee's knees, but Jason Campbell whose record is 16-21, sucks? Awesome logic...

That's right I said "the bee's knees"...someone needed to lighten this thing up.
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:05 AM   #761
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlea View Post
That's funny because Jay Cutler owns a 17-21 as a staring QB and everyone would prefer to have him/thinks he's the bee's knees, but Jason Campbell whose record is 16-21, sucks? Awesome logic...

That's right I said "the bee's knees"...someone needed to lighten this thing up.
I don't know why but I found this funny. LOL.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:17 AM   #762
Giantone
Gamebreaker

It;s Thursday,that game is over .Is there any worry from the Skins Spags might know you guys well enough to pull some magic out?
Old 09-17-2009, 10:45 AM   #763
jdlea
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I don't know why but I found this funny. LOL.
I think it's pretty funny too, now that it's been pointed out. That's what I get for not proofreading and just relying on Firefox's spell check.
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote