Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Stop Overreacting

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-14-2009, 03:51 PM   #16
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Re: Stop Overreacting

It's the 1st game, now we've had live action and we know what we have to work on let's see if we can make the necessary changes. We are talking as if the giants are not a good team i have to give them there props there good but they were playing at home with aloud crowd wait till we get them at our house.

HTTR.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-14-2009, 03:53 PM   #17
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I always picture some people here looking like this after a loss

Nice! That's me during the game, for sure.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:54 PM   #18
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

My Cowboys friend who lives in DC called me a little while ago laughing about how much the sky is falling on DC sports talk radio. Frustration, angst, even anger are understandable. People completely giving up on September 14th, not so much.

That being said, I am in the 'prove it' column on Jim Zorn. Just wanted to state that for consistency sake.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:55 PM   #19
BringBackJoeT
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift Reality View Post
Immediately following the game, it seems like everyone was talking about the next head coach, quarterback and GM of the Redskins.

I'd just like to suggest that the reason we lost the game Sunday was because of this type of overreaction coming from team management (Snyder).
For years, Snyder has been a typical fan - reactive. His track record of trading draft picks, firing coaches every year or so, and bringing in aging free agents are all what happens when a fan becomes an owner.

Thankfully, it seems like after years of overreacting, the owner has started to become more forward-looking (slightly) and put a strategy in place that will put the Redskins on the right path in the long-term - focusing on building through the draft and finding proven players in free agency who are at their prime.

I think it is time for everyone to step back and take a collective breath. On Sunday, the Redskins played a team that may have not been significantly more athletic but played and functioned as a unit that has been together for years. The reason the Giants are such a fantastic team in fact is because of continuity and good coaching -

I think the verdict is still out on whether or not we have the latter but if the Redskins continue to react year-in and year-out they will surely never have the former and never be the type of team we all want.
I agree with your overall point, but this element of your point doesn't really make sense, especially given the substance of what you immediately follow it with. But again, yes, I agree that it is too soon to draw conclusions about the overall quality of the team.
BringBackJoeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:24 PM   #20
NYCSkin
Impact Rookie

I don't think folks are overreacting. They just expect more from this team (perhaps falsely so due to excellent marketing by the Skins organization, players, and some local media IMO) and when they don't live up to this perceived talent and execute poorly--then people react accordingly. If expectations were not so built up and more in line with the true talent of this team and coaching staff--then I think most folks would stay medium.

The Skins are in that second dozen or so teams in this league. They could either perform well and just get into the playoffs or perform poorly and be sub-mediocre. The Skins lead the league in players that "think" they are good. Stop thinking and just show me is what I say. If they play well and lose I think most of us would not be so frustrated.
NYCSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:37 PM   #21
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I always picture some people here looking like this after a loss

Who was that mayor (I think mayor maybe governer) about 15 or more years back who called a press conference and blew his head off. I was home sick and saw it live before they had the chance to turn away the camera he stuck a gun in his mouth and pulled the trigger. Everyone started yelling for him to stop and when the gun went off everyone started yelling as his brain splattered on the back drop behind him. I just sat their and was thinking what in the hell did I just see.

I had to look it up and it was Budd Dwyer Budd Dwyer
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:51 PM   #22
redskinjim
Special Teams

it aint over but jason cant get it done this year he is through
redskinjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 04:06 PM   #23
Njall

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
:confused: What the hell? We haven't lost to the lions yet, nor are we 0-5?

It's hangover Monday, isn't it?
You said it. We have not lost to the Lions yet. We are 0-1 only 4 away... Lost a game to the Giants could have been won.

Sep 20 STL @ WAS
Sep 27 WAS @ DET
Oct 04 TB @ WAS
Oct 11 WAS @ CAR
Oct 18 KC @ WAS
Oct 26 PHI @ WAS

Before the bye week.
Njall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 04:23 PM   #24
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njall View Post
You said it. We have not lost to the Lions yet. We are 0-1 only 4 away... Lost a game to the Giants could have been won.

Sep 20 STL @ WAS
Sep 27 WAS @ DET
Oct 04 TB @ WAS
Oct 11 WAS @ CAR
Oct 18 KC @ WAS
Oct 26 PHI @ WAS

Before the bye week.
I take no game for granted.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:02 AM   #25
nyredskinsfan
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
I don't see how it's overreacting? A loss is a loss. No more excuses. I'm not overreacting. My football team is underperforming.
I don't think you are over reacting. The QB is weak in decision making. That's the bottom line. Cannot handle complicated offensive plays, read who is open or better yet, who will be open down field. Don't blame Zorn, he didn't draft him.

Thank goodness for a decent Def.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:57 AM   #26
roth74va
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njall View Post
When can you not over react when they are 0-5? or loose to the Lions!?
Nope.....losing to the Rams would send alot of people over the edge.

I dont consider my comments to be overreacting, Im just a realist, and Im calling it how I see it. Although I dont always agree with others opinions on here, I still enjoy reading the craziness that comes with a FAN MESSAGE BOARD. If you dont want to read it, move to the next page.

With that said, Zorn better open up the passing game this week. His playcalling is the biggest problem IMO, so Im hoping we can forget about last week, and put a beatdown on a pathetic Rams team. If not.......be prepared because its gonna be a crazy week on the Warpath.

Hail!
roth74va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 11:15 AM   #27
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Some consider it overreacting, some call it frustration as a result of continuing to witness basically the same type football from this team that's been prevelent the past several years. So in essence it not about giving up on the team after one loss. It's a pattern, and the accumulative reaction to that pattern that has many fans up in arms.

I'm hoping for a better performance on Sunday, and a spark of new attitude after we defeat the Rams.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 11:46 AM   #28
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
Some consider it overreacting, some call it frustration as a result of continuing to witness basically the same type football from this team that's been prevelent the past several years. So in essence it not about giving up on the team after one loss. It's a pattern, and the accumulative reaction to that pattern that has many fans up in arms.

I'm hoping for a better performance on Sunday, and a spark of new attitude after we defeat the Rams.
That's what I'm looking for. I think once it happens, it will set the course for the rest of the season.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:02 PM   #29
Boston Brave
Camp Scrub

Let's not have group think, this is a fan site...what makes this site great is the extreme viewpoints and weird scenarios.
Boston Brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 12:29 PM   #30
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCskinfan82 View Post
It's the 1st game, now we've had live action and we know what we have to work on let's see if we can make the necessary changes. We are talking as if the giants are not a good team i have to give them there props there good but they were playing at home with aloud crowd wait till we get them at our house.

HTTR.
Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. We have no idea how good the Giants are yet.