Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

You Win as a Team and You Lose as One - Discipline Issues

Locker Room Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2009, 01:25 AM   #1
Ruhskins
Living Legend

You Win as a Team and You Lose as One - Discipline Issues

After seeing many rants about the same tired old criticisms (Snyder sucks/Vinny sucks - very original), people faulting one player or one unit for the loss, I want to bring up an underlying issue that set the tone for our team's loss on Sunday...team discipline.

Santana Moss, our supposedly #1 WR got into an unnecessary scuffle that resulted in a 15 yrd penalty, which was luckily offset by the opponents PF.

Laron Landry seemed more focus on getting his revenge on Brandon Jacobs than playing the game, the result a 15 yrd. penalty.

Both Carter and Haynesworth had encroachment penalties. D. Hall had a block in the back penalty; Rogers had an illegal contact penalty; and Campbell had an illegal forward pass.

These are all starters, all players that have experience and talent, yet they committed these easily avoidable penalties. You add this to the questionable playcalling, being in a hostile environment, and add the other mental mistakes made by the team, that results in a whole team effort in the loss.

Penalties were an issue during the preseason, and I see that not much has changed. They need to get their act together on this.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote