Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

How Long Will Jay Gruden Last This Season as Head Coach?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-09-2019, 09:44 AM   #61
Defensewins
Playmaker

Re: How Long Will Jay Gruden Last This Season as Head Coach?

Read this somewhere: If The Redskins do not make the playoffs this year it will be the fourth year in a row with no playoffs.
That usually gets people fired.
Yesterday was the same poorly coached team with talent we have seen the last handful of years under Gruden coached teams. No brilliant coaching, no balance in play calling, no creative adjustments to counter the other teams adjustments. The other team adjusts and we do not.
Manusky is terrible. One of the worst Defensive Coordinators we have ever had.
The players that lost their jobs last year to voice against Manusky we’re right.
But single biggest coaching failure is deactivating Adrian Peterson, going up by 17 or 20 points and only rushing the ball 13 times for 38 yards. Guice averaged 1.8 yards a carry.
Can someone tell me why AP was inactive?
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-09-2019, 09:49 AM   #62
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Read this somewhere: If The Redskins do not make the playoffs this year it will be the fourth year in a row with no playoffs.
Yesterday was the same poorly coached team with talent we have seen the last handful of years under Gruden coached teams. No brilliant coaching, no creative adjustments to counter the other teams adjustments. The other team adjusts and we do not.
The players that lost their jobs last year to voice against Manusky we’re right.
But single biggest coaching failure is deactivating Adrian Peterson, going up by 17 or 20 points and only rushing the ball 13 times for 38 yards. Guice averaged 1.8 yards a carry.
AP was the 5th or 6th in rushing yards last year...its fucking criminal. AP should have been given a chance to run against the Eagles, because Guice wasn't getting it done.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 09:58 AM   #63
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrefutable View Post
Anyone who thinks a special teams player is more important than Adrian Peterson should be fired immediately. Peterson would have helped yesterday.

Typical Gruden BS

Peterson will play if the game plan has 55 carries for the running backs

Few people on this board that would have “how dare you question J” before the game yesterday. Said it than and ill say it now. Was there one other active player less valuable than AP? Ummm. Fuck yes.
punch it in is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 10:01 AM   #64
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Honestly the Skins didn't play a bad game. Yeah I understand you guys are upset but the Eagles are a good team and it's only game one . The defense was on the field way to long , I thought the young wide outs you have looked very good.

Correction we didn’t play a bad game until we had a 17 point lead. Than we played the worst game possible. Our last td was garbage time. They whooped our asses 32-3 after spotting us 17 points. Total nonsense. Gruden is soft as fuck and so is Manusky.
punch it in is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 10:20 AM   #65
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Morgan Moses calls out Jay bahaha

Someone needs to tell Moses to stop holding.
Big mouth always making excuses about the league having grudges.
He is killing this team with his penalties.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 10:27 AM   #66
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Few people on this board that would have “how dare you question J” before the game yesterday. Said it than and ill say it now. Was there one other active player less valuable than AP? Ummm. Fuck yes.

I honestly wish they would cut him and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-09-2019, 10:37 AM   #67
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Yesterday was the same poorly coached team with talent we have seen the last handful of years under Gruden coached teams. No brilliant coaching, no balance in play calling, no creative adjustments to counter the other teams adjustments. The other team adjusts and we do not.
I have one big problem with Gruden/Manusky - there is NO ACCOUNTABILITY for missed assignments. No question that both Jackson TD's involved someone blowing the coverage. Norman had no safety help on the first and Nicholson was the only defender deep with 2 Philly receivers running free on the second. Guys who won't play their assignment need to be benched. DO YOUR JOB!!!
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 10:38 AM   #68
HTTR
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
We will never win as long as Jay Gruden is our head coach. And we'll never attract a quality head coach to our team as long as Bruce Allen is in charge.

This is why the subject of replacing Gruden is kind of pointless. The Snyder-Allen-Any Coach dynamic has a built in performance ceiling of about 9 wins. A higher caliber HC would clash with Allen, and a higher caliber Prez/GM would clash with Snyder.

When the Snyder era is over (yes, it will end one day), it may be turn out that Gruden represents the most successful coaching stint of all in terms of stability and functionality. That’s not saying much, I know. It’s just that I don’t have much hope for Jay’s successor, certainly not if it’s a rash mid-season move.

But to look for a ray of hope, here’s where I see it: We have another good draft class in 2020, Haskins develops this year into the QB we think he is, and an up-and-coming assistant coach (internal or not) sees the potential to make his bones with this group. Snyder hires him thinking wistfully of Sean McVay. Bruce thinks to himself, he’s a kid, I can handle him. We start winning a few games and a new power center emerges based around the new coach, Haskins, and new coordinators. BA is then shown up to be the fraud that he is and is either made irrelevant (Dan still needs a buddy) or fired.

That still leaves Snyder, but if we’re winning in spite of him, maybe he’ll go off and find more trees to cut down or old ladies to sue. A guy can dream.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:40 AM   #69
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I honestly wish they would cut him and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you mean Jay Gruden then I agree with you. Otherwise, no.
KI Skins Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 10:40 AM   #70
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...rson-slap-face

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 10:47 AM   #71
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Moses leading the league last year in penalties and having drive killing penalties yesterday is a slap in the face. This mf'er needs to STFU and focus on his own play.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 10:48 AM   #72
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Morgan Moses is right. Sitting AP just before the first game of the season should be enough to prove to anyone that Jay Gruden knows nothing about leading men.

Gruden must go.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:48 AM   #73
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Morgan Moses' terrible play was also a slap in the face.

As to benching AP, yes, i agree it has the appearance of disrespect, but if the team is committed to seeing what Guice can do, then having a 4th RB active on the roster that doesn't play special teams doesn't make much sense. Peterson needs to get a heavy workload to be effective, so his value to this team only exists if he's the starter. And, due to similar playing styles and roster limitations, it doesn't make sense to have both Guice and AP active.

Which is probably why wanted to let AP go before the season, but Allen overruled him. So we have a situation where the Team President is not letting Gruden control his final 53 man roster. If someone has an issue with Gruden benching AP, then they are essentially saying that Gruden shouldn't have control over his 46 man game day roster, either.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 10:51 AM   #74
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Morgan Moses' terrible play was also a slap in the face.

As to benching AP, yes, i agree it has the appearance of disrespect, but if the team is committed to seeing what Guice can do, then having a 4th RB active on the roster that doesn't play special teams doesn't make much sense.

Jay wanted to let AP go before the season, but Allen overruled him. So we have a situation where the Team President is not letting Gruden control his final 53 man roster. If someone has an issue with Gruden benching AP, then they are essentially saying that Gruden shouldn't have control over his 46 man game day roster, either.
Jay Gruden shouldn't be given control to organize a clown car parade.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:52 AM   #75
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Jay Gruden shouldn't be given control to organize a clown car parade.
1. A head coach should always have control over his roster. If you wont give your head coach that control, then the guy shouldn't be your head coach.

2. Between the two of them, Id rather Jay control the roster than Bruce.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote