Bonus pro rated at another 6.500,000

Advertisements
Old 02-08-2018, 05:29 PM   #32
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: Around the NFL Off season thread 1.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
This move makes BA look smarter IMO, he didn't cave to overpaying a Good not Great QB, and he goes out and gets a proven guy that has won playoff games, something KC and JG have not done yet, hell maybe never will. He also paid him less than those guys so that the team can go out and sign a few FA's that can come in and help now...

Remember SF also gave PG A fat contract of 50M last yr, and yes we missed him but he ain't worth that kind of money.

Bruce has done better than most think honestly.
Bruce is as stupid as stupid gets. He lacks basic common sense. He had to give up valuable compensation for an already average to below average team for a QB that may not be as good. Plus he was too stupid to give Cousins 19 million a year after his 15 season. Lynch was thinking ahead and the 27 million that was paid to JG will be surpassed in a couple years. Lynch knows what he's doing, Bruce has no clue.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 05:47 PM   #33
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

On SF, the also have, before the deal, more than enough(113M) to pay that contract without being in cap hell.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 06:54 PM   #34
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Bruce is as stupid as stupid gets. He lacks basic common sense. He had to give up valuable compensation for an already average to below average team for a QB that may not be as good. Plus he was too stupid to give Cousins 19 million a year after his 15 season. Lynch was thinking ahead and the 27 million that was paid to JG will be surpassed in a couple years. Lynch knows what he's doing, Bruce has no clue.
Time will tell, I'm not a SF hater at all I'm js Lynch was a great player that doesn't mean he'll be a great GM. Elway looked great until Manning left
Old 02-08-2018, 06:57 PM   #35
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Kirk says you like that? Hold my beer
Yes, 100% agree. Kirk will get 30 million a year easy, maybe 31.....
Old 02-08-2018, 08:53 PM   #36
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Yes, 100% agree. Kirk will get 30 million a year easy, maybe 31.....
Yup that is the number they were throwing out there with 100 million guaranteed. They wouldn't even mention Drew Brees or Arron Rodgers which they said could make it go "significantly higher".
Old 02-08-2018, 10:50 PM   #37
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
On SF, the also have, before the deal, more than enough(113M) to pay that contract without being in cap hell.
That's irrelevant. What it does is set the market rate sky high for mediocre QBs or ones that haven't proven themselves.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 11:24 PM   #38
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
That's irrelevant. What it does is set the market rate sky high for mediocre QBs or ones that haven't proven themselves.
It's relevant to whether or not SF can build a team around JGarr. It does screw with the market I agree, but my point was that SF didnt hurt their team by signing him to that deal. In fact they probably made AZ and Seattle's life a little more miserable, AZs if they want to battle for Cousins and Seattle because Russell Wilson's next contact will be Yuuge.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 03:48 AM   #39
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Makes the Alex Smith trade look even better.

If I pick a QB in the 1st round, in year 3 of that deal I'm picking another QB. If I pick a QB in rounds 2-7, in year 2 of that deal I'm picking another QB. Keep on refreshing them while keeping the rest of the roster stacked.

How many QBs have won more than 1 Super Bowl? 12, and most of these QBs aren't anywhere near recent. You can win SB with a solid starter and good roster. See playoff run of 2017/2018 playoff Eagles.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...er_Bowl_starts
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 09:44 AM   #40
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Makes the Alex Smith trade look even better.

If I pick a QB in the 1st round, in year 3 of that deal I'm picking another QB. If I pick a QB in rounds 2-7, in year 2 of that deal I'm picking another QB. Keep on refreshing them while keeping the rest of the roster stacked.

How many QBs have won more than 1 Super Bowl? 12, and most of these QBs aren't anywhere near recent. You can win SB with a solid starter and good roster. See playoff run of 2017/2018 playoff Eagles.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...er_Bowl_starts
Only issue with that theory is QB's dont fall off trees, if you have a franchise guy like an Rodgers, BrADY, BIG BEN, Wilson, you pay those guys.

Kirk Cousins is not an elite level QB and that is why we let him go, why pay him Jimmy $ and fuck your team over as CT said in his interview... Alex Smith is just as good as Kirk IMO and he is making 6-7M less a yr.
Old 02-09-2018, 09:57 AM   #41
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...ign=101p020818

Fuller and Smith both made the list, had TW not been injured all yr he would have made it again and Scherff should be on this but whatever
Old 02-09-2018, 10:16 AM   #42
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...ign=101p020818

Fuller and Smith both made the list, had TW not been injured all yr he would have made it again and Scherff should be on this but whatever
So what is the "edge" position??? There either Linebackers or Defensive Ends...no such thing as edge.
Old 02-09-2018, 10:41 AM   #43
btfoom
Camp Scrub

Quote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ive-year-deal/

dude got paid off of 5 games, unreal

Jimmy G gets $137 M for 5 years to equal about 27.5M a yr
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why the Redskins FO deserves credit for getting Alex Smith for MUCH less. Kirk would want something in this range which (a) he's not worth and (b) much more importantly, would cripple the Skins salary cap.
btfoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 11:02 AM   #44
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Only issue with that theory is QB's dont fall off trees, if you have a franchise guy like an Rodgers, BrADY, BIG BEN, Wilson, you pay those guys.

Kirk Cousins is not an elite level QB and that is why we let him go, why pay him Jimmy $ and fuck your team over as CT said in his interview... Alex Smith is just as good as Kirk IMO and he is making 6-7M less a yr.
Yeah, if you know you have a sure fire 100% stud like Rodgers, pull the trigger, but not for anything less than that.

What a great time to be an NFL QB.
Old 02-09-2018, 11:14 AM   #45
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Its a huge difference between 27.5 and 23.5 million, plus Kirk will most likely top that.

Look at all these players or combination of players you can find in the 4 million or less range.

Give me Alex Smith, plus (insert player/players) > Cousins by himself hogging all the money.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...ers/salary.htm