30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 09:21 PM   #4
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: 2016 Combine

V Hargreaves (best corner imo)

J Goff, Lynch, The kid from ND STATE

A Robinson (Bama)

ROBERT NKEMDICHE DT | OLE MISS (who i think will be our pick)
Old 02-22-2016, 09:28 PM   #5
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
ROBERT NKEMDICHE DT | OLE MISS (who i think will be our pick)
Will the Redskins believe Nkemdiche’s upside is worth the risk? | Rich Tandler's Real Redskins

Think the falling out the window and the pot thing will scare McLovin off?

It doesn't seem to be habitual like Randy Gregory, but it happened leading up to the bowl game.

Never know what a character investigation into players will reveal. It could be a big deal, it could be nothing.
Old 02-22-2016, 09:29 PM   #6
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
Will the Redskins believe Nkemdiche’s upside is worth the risk? | Rich Tandler's Real Redskins

Think the falling out the window and the pot thing will scare McLovin off?

It doesn't seem to be habitual like Randy Gregory, but it happened leading up to the bowl game.

Never know what a character investigation into players will reveal. It could be a big deal, it could be nothing.

Idk if it does that sucks because he's a big time player at the position and we could use another DT for sure.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:04 AM   #7
30gut
Playmaker

With all the quality and depth along the DL I'll let someone else take that chucklehead
Old 02-23-2016, 05:56 AM   #8
30gut
Playmaker

Just heard on ESPN that WR Laquon Treadwell is not going to run the 40 at the combine.
Old 02-23-2016, 08:39 AM   #9
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
Just heard on ESPN that WR Laquon Treadwell is not going to run the 40 at the combine.
guy is extremely overrated.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 10:06 AM   #10
30gut
Playmaker

We haven't really discussed him much or WRs for that matter...so it would depend on where you think other people have him rated. *shrugs* He's not the top WRs in my eyes.

Skipping the 40 at the combine isn't going help him though.
Now, I'm gonna be very curious at his other numbers especially his SPARQ.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:07 AM   #11
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Do you think it's going to hurt him more than running a 4.6 like most thought he would? I looked at a few videos of him and I thought he was like a less polished Amari Cooper. Wasn't blowing the doors off of people, but making tough catches. I agree, not the top WR in my eyes, but I don't hate on him by any means.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:20 AM   #12
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Do you think it's going to hurt him more than running a 4.6 like most thought he would?
Personally? I think less of him for not running.

For me it confirms 2 thoughts in my mind and both of them are bad. First it confirms that he's slow (and he knows it) which in and of itself isn't bad. But for me it confirms that he didn't work hard to get faster; imo any prospect that takes getting faster seriously can get with the right people and train their butt off and run a decent 40 time. He's gonna have to run a hellva 40 at his pro-day b/c whatever he runs will be consider aided by a fast track.

Quote:
I looked at a few videos of him and I thought he was like a less polished Amari Cooper. Wasn't blowing the doors off of people, but making tough catches.
I don't think he's anything like Cooper. I thought Cooper as prospect was up their with Julio/AJ. Superb athlete with outstanding speed, strength and run after the catch. Excellent route running ability and outstanding ability to separate. Easily a top 5 prospect.

Treadwell, while bigger, isn't near the athlete, probably lacks top end speed, is decent after the catch but not dynamic, is an average route runner and doesn't separate anywhere close to the level of Cooper. Now, I'm not trying to kill Treadwell here; there are some things I think he does well. He's got good size and uses it well to out position DBs. But compared to Cooper.....well for me its not a favorable comparison.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:27 AM   #13
Schneed10
A Dude

By all accounts isn't Treadwell supposed to be a top 10 pick, if not top 15?

Just curious as to why we care about him, he's pretty much off my radar for the Skins.
Old 02-23-2016, 12:06 PM   #14
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
By all accounts isn't Treadwell supposed to be a top 10 pick, if not top 15?
I guess it depends on which accounts. I've tried to keep a running tally on the several draft boards in the other thread and iirc none listed there have Treadwell higher then 15th.

I would view his consensus as 15-32 and falling.

Quote:
Just curious as to why we care about him, he's pretty much off my radar for the Skins.
Apart from this being the combine thread and Treadwell's not running the 40 being combine news; *shrugs* I don't care about Treadwell one way or another and I would wager (could be wrong) that the others don't either.
Old 02-23-2016, 12:15 PM   #15
30gut
Playmaker

Roger Goodell should give back NFL draft picks to Patriots | The MMQB with Peter King

The MMQB Mailbag: Pre-Combine edition

The MMQB's Peter King answers Twitter questions ahead of the 2016 NFL Combine.

It’s combine time

Time to vastly overrate NFL draft prospects!

That’s what happens when 32 NFL teams gather with their shopping lists, and 1,150 members of the news media are on hand to document the running and the testing and the interviewing of 335 top NFL prospects for the 2016 draft.

That’s about three media people and two coaches/scouts/club officials per prospect.

What could get overblown?!

I digress. What follows is the Ten Things I Think I Learned From A 51-Minute Chat With Mike Mayock the other day on the eve of this week’s combine, which runs from Tuesday to next Monday at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis:

1. It’s an A draft for defense, C for offense. Mayock thinks there could be 19 defensive players among the 31 first-rounders. “We can talk quarterbacks and other sexy positions,” Mayock said, “but the nuts and bolts of this draft is defense. And think about this: There are 10 to 12 interior defensive linemen who could have first-round grades from some teams. It is by far the best year for interior defensive linemen in my memory.”

2. The two biggest mystery guys? Two huge front-seven prospects. Mississippi defensive lineman Robert Nkemdiche fell from a fourth-floor window of a Hyatt in Atlanta in December, and police found seven marijuana cigarettes in his hotel room, leading him to be suspended for Ole Miss’s bowl game. So there’s that. “If you watched his Alabama tape from this year and we lived in a vacuum with no concerns for off-the-field stuff, you’d think he could be the first player picked in the draft,” said Mayock. Then there’s defensive end Noah Spence, booted out of Ohio State for failing multiple drug tests, including one for ecstasy; he transferred to Eastern Kentucky and had 11.5 sacks last fall in his only season there. “One of the most talented kids in the draft,” said Mayock, “but obviously, you’ve got to be careful.” Spence is similar in size (6-2 5/8, 252 pounds) to Von Miller.

3. Rising defensive star? Sheldon Rankins. “He made one of the great plays I’ve seen on tape this year—a scoop-and-score against Boston College,” said Mayock. “But not only that, he made a move on a BC guy while he’s finishing picking up the ball. He’s one of the great three-technique prospects in the draft this year, and he’s played all over the line. His value’s really going up.” Mayock says Oregon’s DeForest Buckner, a tackle or end, will be a certain top-10 pick.

4. Mississippi tackle Laremy Tunsil makes sense for Tennessee at number one. Mayock compares him to Washington’s Trent Williams. “Great feet, long arms, but I don’t know if he’s as strong as Trent,” Mayock said. “If you’re Tennessee, and you’ve got your franchise quarterback, step two is how you enhance his position, protecting him up front and getting him enough weapons. The one thing I say about the first pick is he better be a good football player on day one, an eight-to-10-year starter barring injury, an alpha male, good in the locker room … or you don’t want to take him there. But does Tunsil make sense for Tennessee? Sure he does, and he enhances two positions, because you can move Taylor Lewan to the right side, which is probably a better position for him.”

5. Now for the quarterbacks: It looks like Jared Goff of Cal and Carson Wentz of North Dakota State, in some order, at the top. But watch out for Memphis’ Paxton Lynch. “Goff’s by far the most polished quarterback in this draft,” said Mayock. “Quick release, natural feel in the pocket, good arm strength and accuracy and ability to read progressions better than anyone in this draft. He is your guy today, if you’re Cleveland. But say you’re Dallas [with the fourth pick], and you don’t need [a quarterback] today—maybe you think Wentz can learn behind Tony Romo, and maybe you think his upside is higher than Goff. Who you like better depends on what you need from your QB on day one.”

6. I can see it now: Wentz is going to be everyone’s story late in the week, when teams interview quarterbacks, and then on Saturday, when he throws. A North Dakota State kid, from the metropolis of Bismarck, N.D., going two? Or four? Or seven, to the Niners? “After the Senior Bowl,” said Mayock, referring to Wentz’s star performance in Mobile, “the level of competition doesn’t concern me. I can see him do everything on tape I need to see, all the physical traits—strong arm, roll out left and throw, roll right and throw, make all throws. Does he have further to go than Goff? Of course. But we don’t take the time in the NFL to develop young quarterbacks, and you have to have this in mind when you draft Wentz.” I asked Mayock how Wentz would react to the pressure of, say, Cleveland, where the list of failed quarterbacks is very long. It’s a place where quarterbacks go to die. “Totally legit question,” Mayock said. “Playing in Jacksonville, say, is different, no doubt, than stepping into the cauldron that is the Cleveland Browns. Better make sure you get to know the kid very well. There has been nothing about him so far but, wow, this is the real deal. Solid, gets it, nothing fazes him. You can imagine all the people who will be curious about him in Indy.”

7. How many quarterbacks in the first round? Those three, probably, plus maybe Connor Cook of Michigan State. Enigma, as you’ll hear this week. Many love him, some question his leadership and consistency. “Cook’s a distant fourth in that group right now,” said Mayock.

8. The storyline that will be hidden, but that is important, is the next tier of quarterbacks. Very good point by Mayock: He’s talked to multiple scouts/coaches who wonder if there’s a Kirk Cousins or Russell Wilson in this draft, a mid-rounder you can steal on day two or three and develop into your quarterback of the future. Mayock’s candidates: Stanford’s Kevin Hogan (Mayock loves him), Mississippi State’s Dak Prescott, N.C. State’s Jacoby Brissett, USC’s Cody Kessler, Indiana’s Nate Sudfeld, Arkansas’s Brandon Allen. (Mayock didn’t included Christian Hackenberg or Cardale Jones here, thinking they’ll tempt some team higher than the fourth round.)

9. Most telling line from Mayock: “It’ll be really interesting to see if Hackenberg gets past Bill O’Brien in the second round.” The Texans coach loved Hackenberg at Penn State, and Hackenberg basically fell of a cliff since O’Brien left.

10. Most interesting player at the combine? Could well by Penn State pass rusher Carl Nassib, the younger brother of Giants backup quarterback Ryan Nassib. Carl Nassib was not a starting player in high school, walked on at Penn State, didn’t start a game till this year, and ended up leading the nation in sacks. He had 15.5 sacks. Mayock says he reminds him a little of Jared Allen—the effort and the production and the love of the game.