The FINAL Kirk Cousins Saga thread. 5.0

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 02:05 PM   #166
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: The FINAL Kirk Cousins Saga thread. 5.0

@JPFinlay
"Mason Rudolph met with the Redskins and it went great, his strength is a good deep ball"

Mason Rudolph grew up a #Redskins fan and his parents are friends with Joe Gibbs’ son. Rudolph called playing in Washington “a childhood dream.”

Advertisements
Old 01-23-2018, 02:12 PM   #167
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Not sure how it works but why would the Jets give up more than a six pack if Kirk can take $34 mil and then walk at the end of the season?
The NFL is a year to year business. You make the trade if your Broncos, Browns, or Jets because as the head coach, you could be fired at the end of the year. Results Matter. The second reason is exclusivity. If I am the Jets or Browns, how confident am I that Kirk will really consider my offer. If we have him for a year it's possible he will like it and decide to stay.
Old 01-23-2018, 02:17 PM   #168
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Yep so I wonder what Kirk is thinking.

Smith
Foles
Keenum?
ELI
Bortles

Could all be on the market and all for wayyyyyy cheaper

The Foles situation is interesting. The Eagles have worked his contract to where if Nick Foles is still on the Eagles' roster come 2019, then the last three years of his contract is void and he becomes a free agent. Which means it's extremely likely the Eagles try to trade him away this off season. No matter what he does in the Super Bowl, his stock is still going to be sky high in the offseason. Having said that, the Eagles would lose a solid backup/starter that they may need if Wentz is not ready for the start of next season. So, I will be very curious as to what happens with Nick Foles once the Super Bowl is done. The Eagles don't have a 2nd or 3rd round pick this year from what I understand, so essentially, the Eagles could ask for that (or more) and get those picks back or even higher value, depending on the outcome of the Super Bowl.

IF these quarterbacks that you have listed are shopped around or released to free agency, then you also add Bridgewater and Bradford to the list, well now, Kirk Cousins has a lot of hefty competition. There's guys who have won playoffs games and Super Bowls in this list, and Cousins hasn't won either. Cousins just might find his value not nearly as much as it looked to be prior to the offseason. Still doesn't mean he doesn't have options, but the Redskins would have options, and if they have to "over pay" for quarterback, who do you over pay? Your existing QB who knows the system, put up consistently great numbers, but has never won a playoff game, or a quarterback who has proven to have won playoff games, if not the Super Bowl, but maybe doesn't put up as great numbers? Honestly, for me, I don't care, if the QB gets you to a Super Bowl, I don't care how awful his numbers are.
Old 01-23-2018, 02:33 PM   #169
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
The Foles situation is interesting. The Eagles have worked his contract to where if Nick Foles is still on the Eagles' roster come 2019, then the last three years of his contract is void and he becomes a free agent. Which means it's extremely likely the Eagles try to trade him away this off season. No matter what he does in the Super Bowl, his stock is still going to be sky high in the offseason. Having said that, the Eagles would lose a solid backup/starter that they may need if Wentz is not ready for the start of next season. So, I will be very curious as to what happens with Nick Foles once the Super Bowl is done. The Eagles don't have a 2nd or 3rd round pick this year from what I understand, so essentially, the Eagles could ask for that (or more) and get those picks back or even higher value, depending on the outcome of the Super Bowl.

IF these quarterbacks that you have listed are shopped around or released to free agency, then you also add Bridgewater and Bradford to the list, well now, Kirk Cousins has a lot of hefty competition. There's guys who have won playoffs games and Super Bowls in this list, and Cousins hasn't won either. Cousins just might find his value not nearly as much as it looked to be prior to the offseason. Still doesn't mean he doesn't have options, but the Redskins would have options, and if they have to "over pay" for quarterback, who do you over pay? Your existing QB who knows the system, put up consistently great numbers, but has never won a playoff game, or a quarterback who has proven to have won playoff games, if not the Super Bowl, but maybe doesn't put up as great numbers? Honestly, for me, I don't care, if the QB gets you to a Super Bowl, I don't care how awful his numbers are.

All of that is true

For years we have starved for that QB to have 30 tds and 3500 yards passing, after the last 3 years having that I would def agree with you. I'd rather have a guy with 24 Tds and lean on a great run game and D like RW did those 2 SB's Seattle was in, a guy that makes plays in crunch time situations. Kirk has been labeled a "stat padder" by players and former players in the league, I don't know how true that is because the dude has to throw a damn lot but still.
Old 01-23-2018, 02:35 PM   #170
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
@JPFinlay
"Mason Rudolph met with the Redskins and it went great, his strength is a good deep ball"

Mason Rudolph grew up a #Redskins fan and his parents are friends with Joe Gibbs’ son. Rudolph called playing in Washington “a childhood dream.”
A buddy of mine who knows his football said this is the guy no one is talking about....legit prospect

He Gets Us
Old 01-23-2018, 02:40 PM   #171
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
A buddy of mine who knows his football said this is the guy no one is talking about....legit prospect
Has a cannon and was in Bakers shadow (as far as Oklahoma College QBs) go, but after Weeden I dont know about OSU QB's
Old 01-23-2018, 03:05 PM   #172
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Just sounds like he should be a linebacker. Mason Rudolph, outside linebacker. As opposed to Mason Rudolph, quarterback. Then again, if he's good and the 'skins get him, then you can call him Napoleon Dynamite (Nick Foles) and I won't mind.
Old 01-23-2018, 03:23 PM   #173
Schneed10
A Dude

Wow look what I missed while I was doing work.

First, calling someone a moron is not a personal attack. A personal attack is going in on somebody in a very personal and sensitive way. Like if I knew that one of the posters here had an autistic child, and went in on them accusing them of subscribing to Jenny McCarthy's brand of anti-vaxx nonsense, that'd be over the line. That would be an attack of a very personal and sensitive nature.

Calling someone a moron does not qualify, and if you think it does, then may I submit that you're the one wearing the panties.

Next, Matty does not show me special preferences or treatment. Look at my profile, he's disciplined me in the past. And he was right to do so in that circumstance.

As for the subject matter, the spread of fake news - if you haven't noticed - is a real problem in our society. If you see fake news in the world of sports, it's not nearly the same kind of problem. Nevertheless, while the forum guidelines ask that we refrain from personal attacks, this site also brands itself as The Warpath: Redskins Discussion for the Knowledgeable Fan.

So if calling someone a moron is the price we pay for upholding the Knowledgeable portion of that - meaning sniffing out fake news when we see it and confronting it - then I think most members would find that sensible.

The internet is full of places that proliferate fake news. We do not need to be one of them. That is in fact the very reason this site is so much better than other Redskins discussion sites. It's not about click bait here, it's about the membership. We're smarter than all the other boards, collectively. And if I can do something to uphold that on the boards, I will, even if it means chiding someone harshly.
Old 01-23-2018, 03:26 PM   #174
Schneed10
A Dude

As for Mason Rudolph, I like that Jay Gruden and Doug Williams were both former QBs. I think we've got the right people to make decisions on that position.

I don't know all that much about Rudolph, and I still hope it ends with keeping Kirk. I don't like that Allen and Snyder will have a say in whether we keep Cousins, but if we get rid of him, I do like that Jay and Doug are in position to pick the next one out of college.
Old 01-23-2018, 03:38 PM   #175
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
As for Mason Rudolph, I like that Jay Gruden and Doug Williams were both former QBs. I think we've got the right people to make decisions on that position.

I don't know all that much about Rudolph, and I still hope it ends with keeping Kirk. I don't like that Allen and Snyder will have a say in whether we keep Cousins, but if we get rid of him, I do like that Jay and Doug are in position to pick the next one out of college.

I'd prefer Baker but Mason has a huge arm and grew up a skins fan so that is pretty cool.
Old 01-23-2018, 03:48 PM   #176
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Quote:

First, calling someone a moron is not a personal attack. A personal attack is going in on somebody in a very personal and sensitive way. Like if I knew that one of the posters here had an autistic child, and went in on them accusing them of subscribing to Jenny McCarthy's brand of anti-vaxx nonsense, that'd be over the line. That would be an attack of a very personal and sensitive nature.

Calling someone a moron does not qualify, and if you think it does, then may I submit that you're the one wearing the panties.

Next, Matty does not show me special preferences or treatment. Look at my profile, he's disciplined me in the past. And he was right to do so in that circumstance.

As for the subject matter, the spread of fake news - if you haven't noticed - is a real problem in our society. If you see fake news in the world of sports, it's not nearly the same kind of problem. Nevertheless, while the forum guidelines ask that we refrain from personal attacks, this site also brands itself as The Warpath: Redskins Discussion for the Knowledgeable Fan.

So if calling someone a moron is the price we pay for upholding the Knowledgeable portion of that - meaning sniffing out fake news when we see it and confronting it - then I think most members would find that sensible.

The internet is full of places that proliferate fake news. We do not need to be one of them. That is in fact the very reason this site is so much better than other Redskins discussion sites. It's not about click bait here, it's about the membership. We're smarter than all the other boards, collectively. And if I can do something to uphold that on the boards, I will, even if it means chiding someone harshly.
What a load of horseshit.....

And OJ was innocent.
Old 01-23-2018, 03:51 PM   #177
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
What a load of horseshit.....

And OJ was innocent.
For the record it was fucking moron.

Which is different then just saying moron.
Old 01-23-2018, 03:59 PM   #178
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:

"Mr. Madison, what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
Old 01-23-2018, 04:22 PM   #179
WillH
The Starter

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ad%20hominem

Definition of*ad hominem

1:*appealing to feelings or prejudices rather than intellect an*ad hominem*argument

2:*marked by or being an attack on an opponent's character rather than by an answer to the contentions made*made an*ad hominem*personal attack on his rival

Calling someone a moron is by definition a personal attack. It is simply the act of attacking the person rather than their statement or argument that makes it so. It has nothing to do with your knowledge of their personal life.

For example, If I called you a son of a bitch, that would be a personal attack regardless of my knowledge of your parentage.

The point is, one ought to focus on addressing the validity of a statement and not insulting the person making it.

Schneed for future reference, a more appropriate response may have been to say, "you posting this moronic unfounded piece of shit pisses me off."

I am available for further coaching at a modest hourly rate.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 01-23-2018, 04:48 PM   #180
Schneed10
A Dude

Pussies. This site is chock full of pussies. When did this happen?