Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum


Welcome Carson Wentz

Locker Room Main Forum


View Poll Results: Initial reaction to trading for Carson Wentz?
Love it 8 12.31%
Hate it 16 24.62%
Don't love it, don't hate it 41 63.08%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2022, 12:11 PM   #586
skinsfan69
Living Legend
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 15,990
Re: Welcome Carson Wentz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I'm pretty much convinced your Jim Irsay.
If you've read my posts then you'd know I've been complimentary regarding Wentz. For the most part he's been pretty good. But it's two games against two teams that had the first and second pick of the draft. Long way to go. He has to do if for an entire season. I'm sure you'd agree w/ that.
skinsfan69 is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-21-2022, 12:25 PM   #587
calia
Playmaker
 
calia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Woodside, CA
Age: 54
Posts: 2,896
Re: Welcome Carson Wentz

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Wentz can't stop the Eagles from scoring 40 on us.. If he has to throw all game then yes he will make mistakes.. That's why wins and losses should not be a QB stat
Exactly -- which is why we look at yards, completion percentage, TDs, and INDs. See above. The reality is that no matter how well Wentz plays, if our D plays anything like it did against the Lions, we will get spanked. We did make a run in the second half by putting up some points, but the Lions still scored 14 in the half.
__________________
"Coach, what do you think of your team's execution?"
"I'm all for it." -- Coach McKay
calia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 12:36 PM   #588
skinsfan69
Living Legend
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 15,990
Re: Welcome Carson Wentz

at the end of the day who cares about Irsay? To me this isn't a Irsay or Ryan vs Wentz. Matt Ryan has had a really good career. He was probably not in the best spot last week w/out Pittman. Is he done? Idk, I'd say wait and see but would I take Wentz over Ryan right now? No brainer.
skinsfan69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 12:42 PM   #589
BaltimoreSkins
Playmaker
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 4,142
Re: Welcome Carson Wentz

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
If you've read my posts then you'd know I've been complimentary regarding Wentz. For the most part he's been pretty good. But it's two games against two teams that had the first and second pick of the draft. Long way to go. He has to do if for an entire season. I'm sure you'd agree w/ that.
You mean two games against two divisional leaders!
__________________
Sponsored by OrthoVirginia #winningoffthefield
BaltimoreSkins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 09:27 AM   #590
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NY
Age: 49
Posts: 98,062
Re: Welcome Carson Wentz

Glad this didn't happen

49ers thought Jimmy Garoppolo would be traded to Commanders in offseason, per report
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 09:33 AM   #591
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 31,266
Re: Welcome Carson Wentz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I stated after last season he woulda been maybe the worst option. Like it or not we have avoided some bad choices, some are still playing out.

But I think everyone would agree that Justin Herbert over Chase Young woulda been best QB decision Ron coulda have made
__________________
My pronouns: King/Your ruler

"Jackie are you here? Where's Jackie?"
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 09:55 AM   #592
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Age: 35
Posts: 33,477
Re: Welcome Carson Wentz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I stated after last season he woulda been maybe the worst option. Like it or not we have avoided some bad choices, some are still playing out.

But I think everyone would agree that Justin Herbert over Chase Young woulda been best QB decision Ron coulda have made
Yeah I mean CY hasn't played much at all so yeah def Herbert
__________________
“Mediocre people don’t like high achievers, and high achievers don’t like mediocre people.”
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 10:28 AM   #593
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Age: 35
Posts: 33,477
Re: Welcome Carson Wentz

__________________
“Mediocre people don’t like high achievers, and high achievers don’t like mediocre people.”
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 10:29 AM   #594
mredskins
MVP
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 11,366
Re: Welcome Carson Wentz

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
OK? So

We pass more then we were expected to pass, this a stat worth caring about?
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 10:31 AM   #595
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Age: 35
Posts: 33,477
Re: Welcome Carson Wentz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
OK? So

We pass more then we were expected to pass, this a stat worth caring about?
Yeah it says we have a QB that can get the ball down field for once lol
__________________
“Mediocre people don’t like high achievers, and high achievers don’t like mediocre people.”
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 11:05 AM   #596
mredskins
MVP
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 11,366
Re: Welcome Carson Wentz

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Yeah it says we have a QB that can get the ball down field for once lol
maybe i am reading it wrong.

It is just saying we are passing more then we were expected too pass it doesn't say we are efficient at passing or the length of the passes.


I am not trying to be annoying it just doesn't seem like a stat worth caring about. I guess maybe if you were a D coordinator and were like i expected more passing this season from Fields but it looks like the Bears have gone more run.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 11:19 AM   #597
BaltimoreSkins
Playmaker
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 4,142
Re: Welcome Carson Wentz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
maybe i am reading it wrong.

It is just saying we are passing more then we were expected too pass it doesn't say we are efficient at passing or the length of the passes.


I am not trying to be annoying it just doesn't seem like a stat worth caring about. I guess maybe if you were a D coordinator and were like i expected more passing this season from Fields but it looks like the Bears have gone more run.
You are right IMO, it is one piece of the equation. It does show that an OC is relying on QB whether that is because you have a Patrick Mahomes of Josh Allen or out of necessity it doesn't tell you. I think it tells you more about the offensive play caller and overall personnel than anything else. We know Rodgers is a great QB but look at where GB is. Steelers pass more but that is because they have Najee Harris as a RB. That said we have Garoppolo or Heinicke at QB we are closer to the average.
__________________
Sponsored by OrthoVirginia #winningoffthefield
BaltimoreSkins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 11:41 AM   #598
mredskins
MVP
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 11,366
Re: Welcome Carson Wentz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
You are right IMO, it is one piece of the equation. It does show that an OC is relying on QB whether that is because you have a Patrick Mahomes of Josh Allen or out of necessity it doesn't tell you. I think it tells you more about the offensive play caller and overall personnel than anything else. We know Rodgers is a great QB but look at where GB is. Steelers pass more but that is because they have Najee Harris as a RB. That said we have Garoppolo or Heinicke at QB we are closer to the average.
i think folks like to make pretty charts that really don't mean anything.

Its just showing the delta of nflrfastR's (see bottom right hand corner ) forecast of waht they expected the commanders passing rate was to be after two weeks compared to our actual.

Example: We projected through two weeks of play the Commanders will have attempted 500 passes, after two weeks of play the actual pass attempts was 650 thus a positive 150 more throws then forecast.

Again all i can say as a D cord. is ok the Commanders are passing more then originally expected. I can also say the Saints were perfectly forecasted.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 09:10 AM   #599
Chief X_Phackter
Playmaker
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 4,252
Re: Welcome Carson Wentz

Wentz’s 650 passing yards rank second amongst quarterbacks.
He’s tied for first with seven touchdown passes.
He's sixth in passer rating (100.3).
He's eighth in yards per attempt (7.5).
He's fifth in passing first downs (35).
He's the only player (quarterbacks and all) with 10 plays of 20+ yards through Week 2.
He has the third-best passer rating on deep passes (20 or more air yards).
With his six touchdown passes through two weeks of the season, it is the first time a Washington quarterback has had six or more touchdown passes through the first two weeks of a season since Mark Rypien did so in 1989.
Wentz is the first player since QB starts were first tracked in 1950 to have 300+ pass yards and 3+ pass TD in each of his first 2 starts with a new team.

I know it's only two games, but we couldn't have done much better with the current QB/OC duo.

Just have to fix the defense...
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 09:33 AM   #600
jamf
Playmaker
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 4,554
Re: Welcome Carson Wentz

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
Exactly -- which is why we look at yards, completion percentage, TDs, and INDs. See above. The reality is that no matter how well Wentz plays, if our D plays anything like it did against the Lions, we will get spanked. We did make a run in the second half by putting up some points, but the Lions still scored 14 in the half.
Too much blame on the D.
The offense started the game with only 2 first downs in the first half.
Wentz and the offense played like dog shit. Returners also did a piss poor job and never got the ball past the 25.
You handicap your defense when you start the game on 5 three and out.

Every facet of this team sucked balls against the lions.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Commanders or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.15892 seconds with 11 queries