Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Update: Favre Returns (Again); Signs with Vikings

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-18-2009, 09:37 PM   #61
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

re: Update: Favre Returns (Again); Signs with Vikings

And at his age there is no guarantee that his arm has healed enough to make it through an entire season.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-18-2009, 09:41 PM   #62
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Don't have an opinion on Favre. He doesn't change the Vikings as a team over Tavaris Jackson (with Rosenfels probably being the only scheme fit in the bunch). Knowing the offense should help a bundle, but developing that thought any future would be getting too close to caring.

Favre's consecutive starts streak ends in Week 7, Vikings finish 8-8.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:42 PM   #63
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Listening to his presser now. I think he's being disingenuous when saying this isn't about revenge. Bull puckey!
I agree 100%
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:46 PM   #64
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skindeep View Post
Donald Driver thats it.

Brett had the orginal set of keys, Rodgers had the spare set.
Lol, the only seasons the Packer offense had bad years aside from in the Favre era except for Favre's first year were 2005 and 2006 in terms of points scored. They made the playoffs 2001-2004, and 2007. Ahman Green was productive before the injury bug hit him in 2005, he had Bubba Franks, he had Willie Henderson, Rivera, just to name a few.

Also, they also had TWO draft picks that year invested on QBs and that Matt Flynn dude is turning out to be a stud.

Last edited by SirClintonPortis; 08-18-2009 at 10:44 PM.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:50 PM   #65
GTripp0012
Living Legend

I do have an opinion on the Vikings, though. Remember how the Redskins are the league's only team who only finds quality players at exorbinant prices developed by someone else?

Washington Redskins, imported major 2009 contributors (projected): Clinton Portis, Santana Moss, Casey Rabach, Randy Thomas, Antwaan Randle El, Albert Haynesworth, Corneilius Griffin, Phillip Daniels, Andre Carter, London Fletcher, DeAngelo Hall = 11

Minnesota Vikings, imported major 2009 contributors (projected)
: Brett Favre, Sage Rosenfels, Chester Taylor, Bernard Berrian, Bobby Wade, Viscante Shiancoe, Steve Hutchinson, Jared Allen, Pat Williams, Ben Leber, Antoine Winfield, Karl Paymah, Madieu Williams = 13

Looks like there's a new "quick fix" sheriff in town. And isn't Brett Favre the ultimate quick fix?
Old 08-18-2009, 10:30 PM   #66
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Here's an idea for Brett Favre. Next year instead of pondering retirement, then retiring, then thinking about unretiring three months into your retirement, then holding the media hostage for two weeks while you pick the pedals off your stay retired - unretire rose, only to stay retired, then three weeks later unretire and sign a contract with your formerly hated rival, why doesn't he just tell the Vikings he'll be going on a hiatus until about week 2 of the preseason to avoid all that b.s.? I'm sure they'll be understanding.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:49 PM   #67
skindeep
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
Lol, the only seasons the Packer offense had bad years aside from in the Favre era except for Favre's first year were 2005 and 2006 in terms of points scored. They made the playoffs 2001-2004, and 2007. Ahman Green was productive before the injury bug hit him in 2005, he had Bubba Franks, he had Willie Henderson, Rivera, just to name a few.
I got you bro, the only thing Im saying is The Packers Front Office passed up on players like Randy Moss. If I rember Favre lobbied to get him but New England got him instead and we know how that turned out. And thats when Favre was steel able to be a game changer. Now if you can just imagine on the other talent that they passed up on. The biggest name that got through FA was Charles Woodson and he is a DB.

Last edited by skindeep; 08-19-2009 at 02:42 AM.
skindeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:39 AM   #68
GMScud
Swearinger

What was funny to me was that Favre mentioned now that he thinks he has two years left. Really?? Two years now? Where were those two years when the Packers went with Rodgers and you "retired?" Where were those two years when you "retired" from the Jets earlier this year?

What a joke. This is and always has been about sticking it to the Pack. As soon as he gets himself into the Viking uniform, suddenly he's got a few years left in the tank?? Paaaa-thetic. Anyone who thinks otherwise is living in La La Land.

Minnesota, good luck with your 40 year old QB with a torn rotator cuff who is too wimpy to deal with training camp. You've got a bald faced liar of a head coach, and a money grubbing, grudge holding jerk of an old man QB.

If anyone saw Mark Schlereth on SportsCenter tonight, he pretty much echoes the way I feel about Favre and Childress at this point.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:54 AM   #69
hail_2_da_skins
Impact Rookie

I'm tired of hearing about Brett Favre. The guy should just retire. All he did was hold out from two-a-day training camp. His skills have declined. It's a joke that the Vikings would go with this guy. They need a long term solution at quarterback to go with their stud running back, Adrian Peterson. If I were a Viking fan, I would be pissed off.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:44 AM   #70
firstdown
Living Legend

Funny everyone is tired hearing and talking about Brett but they keep posting and reading this thread. Its his life and he is free to do what he feels best for him and his family.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:29 AM   #71
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlea View Post
Rosenfels wasn't even leading in the competition with Jackson. Nothing indicates that he'll start for them, particularly not with Favre on the team.
Jackson is a failed experiment, he had several chances to take over the role already.

They invested a lot of $ in Rosenfels, so he won't go anywhere.

For some reason, they love John David Booty, so he'll stick around for the future.

I think they'll trade Tavaris Jackson, unless for some dumb reason they want to waste a roster spot and carry 4 QBs.

Maybe they can package some players together with Jackson and get Brandon Marshall.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:57 AM   #72
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: Update: Favre Returns (Again); Signs with Vikings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Jackson is a failed experiment, he had several chances to take over the role already.
I think TJ made significant strides last year, his biggest problem really was that he couldn't stay healthy
Old 08-19-2009, 11:12 AM   #73
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skindeep View Post
I got you bro, the only thing Im saying is The Packers Front Office passed up on players like Randy Moss. If I rember Favre lobbied to get him but New England got him instead and we know how that turned out. And thats when Favre was steel able to be a game changer. Now if you can just imagine on the other talent that they passed up on. The biggest name that got through FA was Charles Woodson and he is a DB.
There's always a good chance that players "lobbying" for other players, ends w/some animosity on the players end. After all, these guys are paid to play, not sign players.

I think Moss in NE is a hindsight 20/20 deal. Most teams weren't willing to give up much if anything for him, he only went for a 4th round pick. The Packers drafted a very good wr in Brandon Jennings & he became a star w/Farve at qb. D. Driver has been very good for years.

Farve can't complain about the Packers personel decisions IMO. Sure, they slipped last year but their defense can rebound w/the new 3-4 this year, and they've been a solid team for a while now, not just because of Farve.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:16 AM   #74
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

The Moss situation was basically the beginning of the end. Didn't Favre immediately ask for a trade that draft weekend? He changed his mind but that was the start of it
Old 08-19-2009, 02:38 PM   #75
skindeep
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
The Moss situation was basically the beginning of the end. Didn't Favre immediately ask for a trade that draft weekend? He changed his mind but that was the start of it
Your right that was the turning point.
skindeep is offline   Reply With Quote