Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Brandon Marshall is a P**SY A$$!!!

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-28-2009, 08:45 AM   #16
MTK
\m/

Re: Brandon Marshall is a P**SY A$$!!!

Obviously you can't condone that type of behavior, but he did apologize right away and my guess is they'll put this in the rear view and in a few weeks once the season is underway it will be a distant memory.

Advertisements
Old 08-28-2009, 08:48 AM   #17
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

No excuse, you are a paid professional. The conduct of punting the ball and batting the ball away is indefensible in the video. If he is really that unhappy, just stay home. He is more likely to get what he wants that way than to show other teams that he is a little b*tch when he doesnt get his way.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:50 AM   #18
freddyg12
Playmaker

I heard him on Mike & mike this morning. He said "error in judgement" about 5 times in a 40 second interview. I don't doubt that there is real animosity between he & the broncos, but overall this is a case of fans & media getting to see too much of a day at the office.

Yes, he should be punished by the team, but not anything major. His behavior was poor, but to some degree this is being blown out of proportion. (At least he didn't Michael Westbrook their starting rb!)

Marshall sounds like a reasonably smart guy, smart enough to know that he's not doing himself any favors. This guy is a top 5 wr at least. If the broncos let him go, they better get something big in return. I can't think of anyone on their team more deserving of a franchise tag than him.

Sadly for teams in the broncos position, someone else might reap the rewards of them 'training' him & dealing w/him growing up. I think he'll grow up. He will have big years no matter where he goes, as long as he's not in trouble.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:22 AM   #19
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Marshall can't keep his nose clean and that's why he doesn't have a new contract. And acting like a little bitch at practice isn't helping the situation. Sucks for him cause he deserves more $. I'm surprised that our FO hasn't made a push for him. Perhaps he's not on the trading block.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:24 AM   #20
Jay Schroeder
Special Teams

He'll prob end up with the Patriots and act like a total pro ala Randy Moss. They seem to get lucky like that a lot
Jay Schroeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:15 AM   #21
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I can't believe that the NFL allowes IDIOT'S like this jackass in the league, this is embarrassing to our great sport. Brandon Marshall is a crybaby ass just another T.O (it's funny how he is compared to Owens on the field) I hope this guy get's dumped down the depth chart and they make him sit like TB did MEYSHAWN JOHNSON... But Denver will end up giving this ass what he want's and he will be traded, Thank god we don't have a guy like this on our team, yea he is a crazy gifted athlete and has had two straight 100 catch season's but this is enough! He signed his contract a few years ago and now that his boyfriend Cutler is gone he doesn't give a damn about his team, that's a shame for a millionaire who play's football for a living act's this way. I wish he would have my everyday job.

Video
What's ironic, in his rookie year, people in the media started calling him "Baby T.O." because of his size and play...looks like he took that one to heart and made it his goal not to let them down.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:24 AM   #22
saden1
MVP

I remember not too long ago that Laveranues Coles acted a fool and Danny boy told him not to bother showing up...even told him he would be happy to shelve him for the season and send him a nice flat screen TV to better watch the Skins.

That's how you deal with disgruntled players, and you trade them if you can. Oh and just because you signed a contract doesn't mean you're an indentured servant. Contracts can be broken for a price, always.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:33 AM   #23
dmek25
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
I heard him on Mike & mike this morning. He said "error in judgement" about 5 times in a 40 second interview. I don't doubt that there is real animosity between he & the broncos, but overall this is a case of fans & media getting to see too much of a day at the office.

Yes, he should be punished by the team, but not anything major. His behavior was poor, but to some degree this is being blown out of proportion. (At least he didn't Michael Westbrook their starting rb!)

Marshall sounds like a reasonably smart guy, smart enough to know that he's not doing himself any favors. This guy is a top 5 wr at least. If the broncos let him go, they better get something big in return. I can't think of anyone on their team more deserving of a franchise tag than him.

Sadly for teams in the broncos position, someone else might reap the rewards of them 'training' him & dealing w/him growing up. I think he'll grow up. He will have big years no matter where he goes, as long as he's not in trouble.
isnt this the same " smart" guy that beats up his girlfriend?
Denver Broncos embattled WR Brandon Marshall arrested again - ESPN
Old 08-28-2009, 10:34 AM   #24
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Yeah, I just don't get how people can preach contract contract contract, then when a club breaks a contract, which they do far more than players attempt to, they say "That's the NFL." Either a contract is a commitment by both sides or it isn't. You can't just give the team all the power. You think clubs ever intend to honor the last year of the contract with a huge base salary that has nearly no repercussions if the player is cut?

Brandon Marshall hasn't exactly been what I would consider a great person, but I think we're blowing this out of proportion. It's unfortunate he's acting this way, but the past has shown us one thing -- these strategies work. Brandon Marshall will go to a new team, continue to be a stud, get a big contract, and be either a small or no problem in the future to that team.

What I think is Josh McDaniels has royally fucked the Denver Broncos for years to come. Cutler is a young stud, Marshall was one of the best emerging WRs in the league. In fact, that entire offense was good, a few fixes to the defense and that team could have been a contender. Right now, I wouldn't be really surprised if they ended 4th in a fairly bad division.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:35 AM   #25
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I remember not too long ago that Laveranues Coles acted a fool and Danny boy told him not to bother showing up...even told him he would be happy to shelve him for the season and send him a nice flat screen TV to better watch the Skins.

That's how you deal with disgruntled players, and you trade them if you can. Oh and just because you signed a contract doesn't mean you're an indentured servant. Contracts can be broken for a price, always.
Exactly.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:41 AM   #26
Jay Schroeder
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post

What I think is Josh McDaniels has royally fucked the Denver Broncos for years to come. Cutler is a young stud, Marshall was one of the best emerging WRs in the league. In fact, that entire offense was good, a few fixes to the defense and that team could have been a contender. Right now, I wouldn't be really surprised if they ended 4th in a fairly bad division.

I love seeing patriots assistant coaches fail too...weiss, crennel, mangina..
Jay Schroeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:44 AM   #27
GMScud
Swearinger

He's just been suspended by the team for the rest of the preseason.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:16 AM   #28
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
isnt this the same " smart" guy that beats up his girlfriend?
Denver Broncos embattled WR Brandon Marshall arrested again - ESPN
He was acquitted for that.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:20 AM   #29
MTK
\m/

The Broncos are such a freaking mess. Blame has gotta start at the top with Pat Bowlen.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:28 AM   #30
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
The Broncos are such a freaking mess. Blame has gotta start at the top with Pat Bowlen.
I agree 100%. Bowlen messed up by hiring some young punk who really doesn't deserve an NFL job yet.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote