Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Brandon Marshall is a P**SY A$$!!!

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-28-2009, 11:52 AM   #31
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Re: Brandon Marshall is a P**SY A$$!!!

Denver Broncos suspend insubordinate Brandon Marshall - ESPN

Well, Marshall's been Keyshawn'd for the rest of the preseason, and I've got to wonder if they'll keep it going once the season starts...

Advertisements
Old 08-28-2009, 12:28 PM   #32
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
Yeah, I just don't get how people can preach contract contract contract, then when a club breaks a contract, which they do far more than players attempt to, they say "That's the NFL." Either a contract is a commitment by both sides or it isn't. You can't just give the team all the power. You think clubs ever intend to honor the last year of the contract with a huge base salary that has nearly no repercussions if the player is cut?

Brandon Marshall hasn't exactly been what I would consider a great person, but I think we're blowing this out of proportion. It's unfortunate he's acting this way, but the past has shown us one thing -- these strategies work. Brandon Marshall will go to a new team, continue to be a stud, get a big contract, and be either a small or no problem in the future to that team.

What I think is Josh McDaniels has royally fucked the Denver Broncos for years to come. Cutler is a young stud, Marshall was one of the best emerging WRs in the league. In fact, that entire offense was good, a few fixes to the defense and that team could have been a contender. Right now, I wouldn't be really surprised if they ended 4th in a fairly bad division.
U said it all right on the target, dude!
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:32 PM   #33
12thMan
MVP

Clearly there's a lot of contempt here. I honestly don't think Marshall has any long term plans on being in a Bronco uniform. Bottom line, both sides are probably guilty of being less than honorable in this situation, Marshall's was just caught on video.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if Marshall ends up playing for Dallas before it's all said and done. Especially with Roy Williams going down for a few weeks.

Marshall for Felix Jones straight up anyone?
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:39 PM   #34
12thMan
MVP

By the way, it doesn't look like these guys are exactly thrilled to be playing for Josh McDaniels.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:13 PM   #35
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
How long is the video...and how long do you think practice lasted?

huh? the video speaks for itself. the boncos should keyshawn his a$$ and try to not pay the man a penny this season.

i wouldnt want b marshall on this team at all.

go skins!!
Old 08-28-2009, 01:21 PM   #36
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by skindeep View Post
D.S. and V.C. WANTED THAT PUNK ASS QB we dont need hoes like that in washington they aint nothing but spoiled little gals.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:48 PM   #37
Ruhskins
Living Legend

I still don't understand why players that don't want play for their current team don't get cut or traded right away. If a team wants to get rid of a player, they will cut them or trade them right away. The teams "breaks" the contract and gets rid of the player easily without anyone complaining about it. Yet when the player wants to do so, the team insists on keeping them (Ochocinco, now Marshall) for some odd reason.

It is clear that McDaniels wanted a new system in Denver, so he came with a clean house attitude. I think it is ridiculous that they insist on keeping Marshall. Especially when there are teams (Ravens, Giants) that are in need in of a WR. Now they are sitting here with this public relations fiasco, and all they have in their hands is a big media distraction.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:59 PM   #38
MTK
\m/

One side always has the upper hand in contracts. Typically the one dealing out the green.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:02 PM   #39
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I still don't understand why players that don't want play for their current team don't get cut or traded right away. If a team wants to get rid of a player, they will cut them or trade them right away. The teams "breaks" the contract and gets rid of the player easily without anyone complaining about it. Yet when the player wants to do so, the team insists on keeping them (Ochocinco, now Marshall) for some odd reason.

It is clear that McDaniels wanted a new system in Denver, so he came with a clean house attitude. I think it is ridiculous that they insist on keeping Marshall. Especially when there are teams (Ravens, Giants) that are in need in of a WR. Now they are sitting here with this public relations fiasco, and all they have in their hands is a big media distraction.
I understand what you're saying Ruh, but I don't think the owners want to let the players decide who they will, or will not play for, at least not until they're FA's.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:29 PM   #40
Jay Schroeder
Special Teams

McDaniels should try and trade him for a first or second rounder and just rebuild with the next two drafts and just explain to ownership that hell need a couple years to get things going again.
Jay Schroeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:40 PM   #41
over the mountain
Playmaker

balmore radio has been saying they are asking for a 1st and 4th. of course any team that signs him will have to give him a new K as well.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:13 PM   #42
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

Im still holding judgement on McDaniels. He says his offense is very QB friendly so he believes he can plug in a guy with a pulse and be successful.--much like Denver's running game was for a long time- On defense they have many needs so he trades a Pro bowl QB for draft picks,now he will likely get more picks for Marshall so he can continue to build his team. Id say give him 3 yrs and we will know if he was either insanely crazy or very smart.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:25 PM   #43
Jay Schroeder
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBUCHANON101 View Post
Im still holding judgement on McDaniels. He says his offense is very QB friendly so he believes he can plug in a guy with a pulse and be successful.--much like Denver's running game was for a long time- On defense they have many needs so he trades a Pro bowl QB for draft picks,now he will likely get more picks for Marshall so he can continue to build his team. Id say give him 3 yrs and we will know if he was either insanely crazy or very smart.
Thats what Im thinking. He def. needs to pick up a qb other than Orton and some skill players on both sides of the ball.
There are some good lb and dl in the 2010 Free Agent Class and he will prob have a good #1 draft pick since the Bronocs will suck this year.
Jay Schroeder is offline   Reply With Quote