Giants-Redskins Gameday Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-11-2011, 10:16 PM   #1126
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Giants-Redskins Gameday Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
He was simply a monster out there. He MUST be on the field more.
Seriously...time to give him that extention and start the transition of TE1 Fred Davis, TE2 Cooley. We are rebuilding, Fred had a great camp and is moving into his prime. Note Im not calling for Cooley to be traded, cut or whatever.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-11-2011, 10:20 PM   #1127
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Seriously...time to give him that extention and start the transition of TE1 Fred Davis, TE2 Cooley. We are rebuilding, Fred had a great camp and is moving into his prime. Note Im not calling for Cooley to be traded, cut or whatever.
Also, I can't see why we can't have both of them out there playing. I mean look at the Pats, they use their two TEs very well and both produced for the team last year. I'm just glad to see we have another weapon for Rexy.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:22 PM   #1128
Swarley
The Starter

Grazianos take

Redskins impressive in beating Giants - NFC East Blog - ESPN
Old 09-11-2011, 10:24 PM   #1129
Darrell_Green_28
The Starter

Just curious, it shows that Gano missed a FG. how long was the attempt and what happened? is he reverting back to his old self again after winning the job?
Old 09-11-2011, 10:24 PM   #1130
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell_Green_28 View Post
Just curious, it shows that Gano missed a FG. how long was the attempt and what happened? is he reverting back to his old self again after winning the job?
39 yard attempt wide right. He just missed it. Good snap, good hold
Old 09-11-2011, 10:31 PM   #1131
rbanerjee23
The Starter

Graham Gano is a choke artist -- I understand that he only had the one attempt but at this point, I think you may as well give the offense a chance to go for it if it is in the 25-35 yard range because the odds of converting are about as good as Gano making it.

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:33 PM   #1132
Meks
Pro Bowl

One of the greatest live events I've ever been a part of... glad to get the W with a great 2nd half.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:45 PM   #1133
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
This.

Cooley looked slow as hell out there. Hell, it looked like the defender was running 3/4 speed on his coverage.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:47 PM   #1134
warriorzpath

I don't know about the rest of you but I haven't felt this good about the redskins in a long time. Maybe since the last full season with norv turner as coach and brad Johnson at qb.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:49 PM   #1135
warriorzpath

I'll reserve my bitching and moaning when the redskins lose but for at least this week, I'm going to be enjoying this win against the giants.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:49 PM   #1136
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
This.

Cooley looked slow as hell out there. Hell, it looked like the defender was running 3/4 speed on his coverage.
I was surprised to see him out there. There's no way he's anywhere near 100%. He's just gutting it out.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:51 PM   #1137
44ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorzpath View Post
I don't know about the rest of you but I haven't felt this good about the redskins in a long time. Maybe since the last full season with norv turner as coach and brad Johnson at qb.
Im feeling great about our Skins! It was nice to see them moving at NFL speed. We have lots to be optimistic about this season.
44ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:48 PM   #1138
vallin21
The Starter

Final Thoughts (and I going to Bed!)

Good-

Hightower: Since being traded he's come focused and ready to be a featured back. Even with shity line play, he runs hard, which is all you can ask of a RB

Grossman: I'll be willing to bet none of us thought he'd break 300 yds and have 2 tds 2 weeks ago. Even with being pressured like hell, he mostly stood in the pocket, took a hit a got up. Don't think Beck would've had the accuracy to through the fade to AA, slant to Gaffney, and some passes to Moss and Davis

Kick Off and Punt Coverages: It's great to have a punter who can finally put the ball inside the 20 80% of the time. I don't think we let their PR get more than 10 yards on a return, and Gano's strong leg on Kickoffs are an asset.

Atogwe: He's not Sean Taylor, but he's the best FS we've had in 4 years since his passing. Didn't get beat, filled his gaps, and made the right reads. Hopefully Arizona will be the last week of Doughty.

Bad-

Reed Doughty: What he lacks in coverage, he makes up with tackling and run support. Yes he gets beat, but he's a smart football player, whose just not athletic to be a full time starter. When LL comes back, how Doughty plays won't matter

O-Line: Touched on it in other threads. This unit HAS TO and MUST improve if we want to even THINK about a playoff run. You just can't get pushed back on stretch plays, run plays and sweeps. Our Pass Pro SUCKS!!! (As of 9/11/11) Both OT's struggle against speedy edge rushers and get beat BAD on stunts and double moves. Always thought Chris Chester was a backup, NOT A STARTER. Montgomery wasn't bad and neither was Kory L.

Ugly:

Good Jesus Man T. Williams!!!THAT WAS HORRIBLE!!! Extremely Pathetic. If you're drafted #4, as an OT, you just have to play better than that. If my daughter, whose 3, watching the game says, "Daddy that's bad" when watching you bite SO HARD on a double move from Pierre-Paul, and not even get a hand up; it's down right bad. No Excuse

With all that said, WE WON against our Rival. And that's all that matters!

HTTR!!
vallin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:28 AM   #1139
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Trent Williams still played better than Jammal Brown. I felt like everytime I watched Grossman get pressured or sacked, it was from the right side of the line, particularly Jammal Browns man.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:39 AM   #1140
Kindoy
The Starter

Hightower mentioned in an interview that the team was given monday off for the win and the team didn't want it, that's frickin awesome. there's something different about this years team attitude wise.